Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Preterism

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
labels are not all bad... they are helps, in describing things, places and even people... Think of supermarket and no labels on the cans .. I know i like labels on the Mens and Ladies rooms...
To put a label on my thoughts it would be partial preterist. I was at one time a dispensational futurist. One view of eschatology does not make me more saved than the other... I personally believe it makes scripture more alive and clearer... but that is for me...

I simply realized when Jesus said "This generation" that is what He meant and it opened the door ... that is for me

Well, you know with me it was realizing that futurism teaches blood sacrifices being re-instituted for atonement. That didn't sit well with me.
Then when I read Matthew 24, Mark, and Luke without the preconceived ideas of futurism, "this generation" shouted in my face. :eek Add the historical writings about AD70 and Matthew Henry, which I hadn't been reading anything prophetic but Rev. really. Now it makes so much more of the OT understandable as well....but that's just me.

Well, you know with me it was realizing that futurism teaches blood sacrifices being re-instituted for atonement. That didn't sit well with me.
Then when I read Matthew 24, Mark, and Luke without the preconceived ideas of futurism, "this generation" shouted in my face. :eek Add the historical writings about AD70 and Matthew Henry, which I hadn't been reading anything prophetic but Rev. really. Now it makes so much more of the OT understandable as well....but that's just me.
oh I remember those days of arguing with reba and hitch. man they aggravated me, so I decided I will show them from the bible. turns out they had the better position.lol

Better maybe but different yes... Earnestly praying to see the Scripture without preconceived ideals .. I had a life :neutral time of preconceived ideas ...

I remember a 'discussion' i had with mom.. She was trying to reign me in a bit... (I needed it) My logic was very simple..... Well Mom The great tribulation is 3 1/2 years or 7 years wont matter to me... i will do what i want, and live how i want til that time then i wont take the 'mark' they can chop off my head and it will be over... and i will see ya in heaven.....

Better maybe but different yes... Earnestly praying to see the Scripture without preconceived ideals .. I had a life :neutral time of preconceived ideas ...

I remember a 'discussion' i had with mom.. She was trying to reign me in a bit... (I needed it) My logic was very simple..... Well Mom The great tribulation is 3 1/2 years or 7 years wont matter to me... i will do what i want, and live how i want til that time then i wont take the 'mark' they can chop off my head and it will be over... and i will see ya in heaven.....
lol, stubborn one. no im never like that.

35 Watch therefore, for you do not know when the master of the house is coming--in the evening, at midnight, at the crowing of the rooster, or in the morning-- 36 lest, coming suddenly, he find you sleeping. 37 And what I say to you, I say to all: Watch!" Mark 13:35-37

The events of 70 AD were not associated with His Coming, though it certainly was associated with Jerusalem.

Zechariah 14 foretells of a time when Jerusalem is surrounded by armies and is associated with His Coming and the saints coming with Him.

1 Behold, the day of the Lord is coming, And your spoil will be divided in your midst. 2 For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem; The city shall be taken, The houses rifled, And the women ravished. Half of the city shall go into captivity, But the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city. 3 Then the Lord will go forth And fight against those nations, As He fights in the day of battle. 4 And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, Which faces Jerusalem on the east. And the Mount of Olives shall be split in two, From east to west, Making a very large valley; Half of the mountain shall move toward the north And half of it toward the south. 5 Then you shall flee through My mountain valley, For the mountain valley shall reach to Azal. Yes, you shall flee As you fled from the earthquake In the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Thus the Lord my God will come, And all the saints with You. 6 It shall come to pass in that day That there will be no light; The lights will diminish. 7 It shall be one day Which is known to the Lord-- Neither day nor night. But at evening time it shall happen That it will be light. Zechariah 14:1-7

• For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem;
  • Then the Lord will go forth And fight against those nations, As He fights in the day of battle. 4 And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives,
  • Thus the Lord my God will come, And all the saints with You.
  • That there will be no light; The lights will diminish

• "But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation is near.
  • and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
  • and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
  • "Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven,

JLB

War in Syria
War in Ukraine/Russia
War in Egypt
War in Israel
War in Iraq
Destablisation of many countries, financial meltdown in all countries

Homosexuality increase and widely accepted, even by the Church. The taboo subject, no-one knows how to approach it, what to say without offending people. Oh, it's just a sin like any other, he without sin cast the first stone, we mustn't judge etc etc. It's flat out sin in the eyes of God, the same as Sodom and Gormorrah, sin. As it was in the days of Noah, as it was in the days of Sodom.

New age movements, self awareness and spirituality (be one with God, you are Gods - sound familiar?)

People will be lovers of themselves. Reality TV, perfect bodies, plastic surgery, idol competitions, fame & fortune to strive for. Tell me where you see God in this? Boastful, proud, lovers of money, without self control, blasphemors. "Oh my God!" must be one of the most used phrases that I hear, spoken as standard, every day language. Blaspheming the creator, the only true God, without thought or reverance of him.

Evolution taught as fact in schools. Without thought of the creator, rude, disobediant, having no thought of the creator. Ignorant. Teaching our next generation of children. Science over faith. "Proof" over faith. Worldy education over faith. Children disobediant of parents. In my 32 years, the lack of respect from children, teenagers has never been so bad. Those older than me even must see it even more so?

Where is the coming he promised? Everything continues as from creation. Sound familiar? We are inadvertantly thinking this way without even knowing it. Maybe people questioned and thought this between 33AD to 70AD but we sure as heck are heading that way now. As it was in the days of Noah, in the days of Sodom, people were eating and drinking, marrying and given in marriage.

Do not forget the Lord. Of all things, God must be acknowledged. The Old Testament, countless stories attesting to this. Do not forget the Lord. He who hath brought you from a distant land, form death to life. This world is doing all it can to put God under the radar, to test him, to challenge him. Mistake. Look around, this isn't the new heaven and earth, do not spiritualise everything away, the earth is His footstool, his creation. Where is His acknowledgement? We are doing our best to control this planet, to change creation, genetically modify foods, cloning, to mass produce, to use this earth for our gain, for greed, for power. Mans heart is evil, for there is no thought of the creator in any of this.

Deception. A key theme in end times. Why, why, why? Do not be decieved. Lest there come a falling away first.

A rant, my apologies, but do not throw futurism out the window just yet. And I'm not a negative person. I'm sure others will point the wonderful works that people are doing for God thorughout this world, but please, please do not be ignorant of things that ARE actually happening. Yes, the earth has been filled with violence before, mans heart has alsways been evil, the poor you'll always have with you, etc etc. But as it was in the days of Noah, in the days of Sodom.

In Christ,
Lloyd

War in Syria
War in Ukraine/Russia
War in Egypt
War in Israel
War in Iraq
Destablisation of many countries, financial meltdown in all countries

Homosexuality increase and widely accepted, even by the Church. The taboo subject, no-one knows how to approach it, what to say without offending people. Oh, it's just a sin like any other, he without sin cast the first stone, we mustn't judge etc etc. It's flat out sin in the eyes of God, the same as Sodom and Gormorrah, sin. As it was in the days of Noah, as it was in the days of Sodom.

New age movements, self awareness and spirituality (be one with God, you are Gods - sound familiar?)

People will be lovers of themselves. Reality TV, perfect bodies, plastic surgery, idol competitions, fame & fortune to strive for. Tell me where you see God in this? Boastful, proud, lovers of money, without self control, blasphemors. "Oh my God!" must be one of the most used phrases that I hear, spoken as standard, every day language. Blaspheming the creator, the only true God, without thought or reverance of him.

Evolution taught as fact in schools. Without thought of the creator, rude, disobediant, having no thought of the creator. Ignorant. Teaching our next generation of children. Science over faith. "Proof" over faith. Worldy education over faith. Children disobediant of parents. In my 32 years, the lack of respect from children, teenagers has never been so bad. Those older than me even must see it even more so?

Where is the coming he promised? Everything continues as from creation. Sound familiar? We are inadvertantly thinking this way without even knowing it. Maybe people questioned and thought this between 33AD to 70AD but we sure as heck are heading that way now. As it was in the days of Noah, in the days of Sodom, people were eating and drinking, marrying and given in marriage.

Do not forget the Lord. Of all things, God must be acknowledged. The Old Testament, countless stories attesting to this. Do not forget the Lord. He who hath brought you from a distant land, form death to life. This world is doing all it can to put God under the radar, to test him, to challenge him. Mistake. Look around, this isn't the new heaven and earth, do not spiritualise everything away, the earth is His footstool, his creation. Where is His acknowledgement? We are doing our best to control this planet, to change creation, genetically modify foods, cloning, to mass produce, to use this earth for our gain, for greed, for power. Mans heart is evil, for there is no thought of the creator in any of this.

Deception. A key theme in end times. Why, why, why? Do not be decieved. Lest there come a falling away first.

A rant, my apologies, but do not throw futurism out the window just yet. And I'm not a negative person. I'm sure others will point the wonderful works that people are doing for God thorughout this world, but please, please do not be ignorant of things that ARE actually happening. Yes, the earth has been filled with violence before, mans heart has alsways been evil, the poor you'll always have with you, etc etc. But as it was in the days of Noah, in the days of Sodom.

In Christ,
Lloyd

And on and on and on...

Till the sins of this earth reach the heavens....

I know there are several people on here who believe this interpretation.I do not know alot about it.Could you please describe to me what it is?Without any judgment but just to educate me more.

lets not stray to far from the OP , admin

View attachment 4606 its my position from studying American history that America was never really that holy. a few weeks ago I discovered that once at this location outside this base there was a shanty town in there it had bordellos. this base was the largest base in the united states. it still exists but its a shell of it what in once had. the time frame? ww2!

that is one clear lake. it does often reflect clouds in any of the photos I have seen from this type to google earth. its from an artisian spring and has no known depths.

At the risk of getting anyone upset, may I ask a question pertaining to the OP?

If Preterists believe Jesus has already returned, and that He will not return to earth...... what in the world does a half-Preterist believe... that He will get halfway here, then change His mind?

And, can anyone recommend a site where all this stuff is laid out in some kind of logical order? No disparity intended, but almost anything I've read here (or anywhere else) just adds to the confusion, in my opinion.

Back