Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Proving pre-trib rapture is false, along with a question.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Karl, if you or anyone can show me in scripture where it mentions specifically being raptured out before some 7 year tribulation then I might rethink my findings in what scripture has already shown me. I too once believed this theory just by how others taught it using scripture, but my knowledge of scripture was weak back then. It was when I read and dug deeper by allowing the Holy Spirit to reveal truth to me as I started to compared scripture with scripture, OT and NT that my eyes were opened to what Jesus Olivet message to the Disciples in Matthew 24 was all about and that the Church will still be here through out Rev up until around Chapter 14 as I have already shown with scripture. Many teach that Matthew 24 was in the past around 70AD, but neglect what Jesus said at the beginning of His Olivet discourse and at the very end with vs. 27-31.

Mat 24:1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
Mat 24:2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
Mat 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
Mat 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

Mat 24:27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

The Disciples ask three questions, when shall these things be, what shall be the sign of your coming and of the end of the world. Not all the stones in Matthew 24:2 have been thrown down yet and Jesus proceeds through all of Matthew 24 answering those three questions the Disciples asked.

Our comfort in all of this is that if we are killed we will be with the Lord forever just as those who have gone before us. Even now many of our brothers and sisters around the word including America are going through much tribulation until we see Jesus coming in the clouds and then we shall see Him in all His glory.
Very interesting site.....
"The Arch of Titus in 2011
The inscription in Roman square capitals reads:

SENATVS
POPVLVSQVE·ROMANVS
DIVO·TITO·DIVI·VESPASIANI·F(ILIO)
VESPASIANO·AVGVSTO

(Senatus Populusque Romanus divo Tito divi Vespasiani filio Vespasiano Augusto)

which means "The Roman Senate and People (dedicate this) to the divine Titus Vespasianus Augustus, son of the divine Vespasian."

Jesus said:

"If you had known, even you, especially in this your day, the things that make for your peace! But now they are hidden from your eyes. For days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment around you, surround you and close you in on every side, and level you, and your children within you, to the ground; and they will not leave in you one stone upon another, because you did not know the time of your visitation." - Luke 19:41-44

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing! See! Your house is left to you desolate; for I say to you, you shall see Me no more till you say, 'Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!'" - Matthew 23:37-39"
http://www.bible-history.com/archaeology/rome/1-arch-of-titus-bb.html

There are photos of carvings of the Romans carrying off the golden menorah, etc.
There is a carving on this arch of Titus being carried off to heaven on the wings of an eagle. Not sure if it is in a photo on this site or another I have seen.
Archeology is proving much of the OT to be true, such as the city of King David, and much that has always been there proves much of the NT prophecy to also be true.

Karl, if you or anyone can show me in scripture where it mentions specifically being raptured out before some 7 year tribulation then I might rethink my findings in what scripture has already shown me. I too once believed this theory just by how others taught it using scripture, but my knowledge of scripture was weak back then. It was when I read and dug deeper by allowing the Holy Spirit to reveal truth to me as I started to compared scripture with scripture, OT and NT that my eyes were opened to what Jesus Olivet message to the Disciples in Matthew 24 was all about and that the Church will still be here through out Rev up until around Chapter 14 as I have already shown with scripture. Many teach that Matthew 24 was in the past around 70AD, but neglect what Jesus said at the beginning of His Olivet discourse and at the very end with vs. 27-31.

Mat 24:1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
Mat 24:2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
Mat 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
Mat 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

Mat 24:27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

The Disciples ask three questions, when shall these things be, what shall be the sign of your coming and of the end of the world. Not all the stones in Matthew 24:2 have been thrown down yet and Jesus proceeds through all of Matthew 24 answering those three questions the Disciples asked.

Our comfort in all of this is that if we are killed we will be with the Lord forever just as those who have gone before us. Even now many of our brothers and sisters around the word including America are going through much tribulation until we see Jesus coming in the clouds and then we shall see Him in all His glory.

Dear sister, you ask for proof from Scripture, I have given you proof, what more can I say?

You say the stones have not all been thrown down, but my pastor has been to Jerusalem and has photos of the stones that were used to rebuild the the Temple thrown down in the valley by the soldiers under Titus in 70 AD, yes the western Wall is still there, but it was a part of the foundation and not part of the Temple,

And Jesus went out and departed from the temple. And His disciples came to Him to show Him the buildings of the temple. Mat 24:1

To infer that the prophecy of the destruction of the Temple by Jesus is not complete........

And your skip over the Desolation that causes Abomination that is described in the Revelation and who it is addressed to, clearly the Jew in Israel, are you saying the Church will be confined to Israel during this time and has reverted to keeping the Sabbath Matt 24:20 rather than the first day of the week as recorded in Acts, personally I amazes me you think this, ...tell me, when are you planning to move to Israel so that when you see the Abomination of Desolation you can flee to the mountains, excuse me, my bad, you won't see the event, you will read about in the Book of Mathew and understand you need to boogie.

Therefore when you see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place (whoever reads, let him understand). Mat 24:15

And something else we need to consider is the word tribulation, Strong's tell us it means pressure like the squeezing of olives to have the oil or grapes to have the wine, with that in mind, all of the references to tribulation spoken to the Church produces something good, joy, good cheer, patience, entry into the Kingdom of Heaven, hope, prayer, glory, but during the great Tribulation it produces death in the people and creation and destruction,

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth. Rev 6:8
And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed. Rev 8:9
And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter. Rev 8:11
And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea. Rev 16:3

Just to name a few,

And like I said, and this is a major problem with what you think, the Church is persecuted, but this tribulation comes from the world, ...during the great tribulation persecution and tribulation comes from God,

add to that, we the Church, are Heavenly citizens, whereas the great tribulation is poured out on the earth dwellers, those that believe this world is their home,

Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. Rev 3:10

And please tell me what you do with this verse, spoken by Jesus, that says He will keep the Church of Philadelphia from the hour of temptation that he also said He will kill the children of the Church of Thyatira in/during the great tribulation, and we understand the hour of temptation and the great tribulation are the same thing, ...check it out in Strong's.

There are so many more, over 500 quotes from the Old Testament in the Apocalypse, I have given you many examples, but you skip over them and use the Olivet Discourse as you sole source, how about you start answering the Scriptures I have presented to you with Scripture that refutes them rather than tell me you have studied and changed your mind, ...personally beloved, that would make you much more credible in what you say,

...one last thing I would like you to explain to me, the Rapture chapter of 1 Thess,

For the Lord Himself shall descend from Heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ shall rise first. vs 16
Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air. And so we shall ever be with the Lord.vs 17

The rapture will be announced by the Trumpet of God, not the trumpet of an Angel in Revelation like so many like to present, ...that also requires a study of the Trumpet of God in Exodus so see when and why it is blown, ...I'll leave that for you to study.

I hope you receive this in the love it was written, you create questions that need to be answered.

So the disciples, such as Peter, James and John, are not counted as the Church? That's funny!!! Really it's not funny, it's sad to think that teachings such as this are out there.I can't imaging anything being so far from the truth that the scriptures teach us."The Church leadership is not really the Church because they were "Jews".Complete and utter nonsense!!!! JLB

JLB,

Had you taken the time to read carefully what was posted, and digested it, you would not have made the above comments.

At the point when the Olivet Discourse was presented, the crucifixion, resurrection, ascension, and exaltation of Christ was yet future. As a result the Holy Spirit had not been poured out until the day of Pentecost. Therefore the Church (Jew and Gentile in one Body) was yet future. At that point (where they asked questions concerning the Second Coming) the apostles remained believing Jews and faithful disciples. They were certainly a part of the Church once they received the gift of the Holy Spirit, which was AFTER the resurrection (John 20:19-22).

Until the day of Pentecost the apostles had no clue about the Church. Proof? Just before the ascension of the resurrected Christ, they asked Him this question: "Lord, wilt thou at this time RESTORE AGAIN THE KINGDOM TO ISRAEL?" (Acts 1:6). Who would ask such a question except Jews anticipating the restoration of Israel?

Last edited by a moderator:
2.4: Do not make an inflammatory remark just to get a response. Address issues not personalities. Respect where people are in their spiritual walk, and respect all others in general. Respect where others are in their spiritual walk, do not disrupt the flow of discussion or act in a way that affects others negatively including when debating doctrinal issues, in the defense of the Christian faith, and in offering unwelcome spiritual advice.

Lets remember it is OK to have a different view point it is not OK to ridicule . Not necessarily directed at the last poster.....

JLB,

Had you taken the time to read carefully what was posted, and digested it, you would not have made the above comments.

At the point when the Olivet Discourse was presented, the crucifixion, resurrection, ascension, and exaltation of Christ was yet future. As a result the Holy Spirit had not been poured out until the day of Pentecost. Therefore the Church (Jew and Gentile in one Body) was yet future. At that point (where they asked questions concerning the Second Coming) the apostles remained believing Jews and faithful disciples. They were certainly a part of the Church once they received the gift of the Holy Spirit, which was AFTER the resurrection (John 20:19-22).

Until the day of Pentecost the apostles had no clue about the Church. Proof? Just before the ascension of the resurrected Christ, they asked Him this question: "Lord, wilt thou at this time RESTORE AGAIN THE KINGDOM TO ISRAEL?" (Acts 1:6). Who would ask such a question except Jews anticipating the restoration of Israel?
So true. Even ten years after the cross, Peter wasn't going to eat the foods lowered down in the sheet in his dream because he, as he stated, was still keeping the Jewish law, and didn't want to violate that way of devotion.

Seven trumpets have a special meaning for Israel. A single trumpet was blown on the wilderness march to gather the princes unto thee. Num 10:4. This single trumpet corresponds to the last trump of 1 Cor 15. The same trump of God in 1 Thes 4:16. The shout is the voice of our Lord Jesus. His voice will sound like a trumpet. John tells us that in Rev 1:10. The seven trumpets in revelation correspond to the moving of Israel on the wilderness march. The tribes were divided into 4 groups of 3 on each side of the tabernacle. There were seven blows of the trumpet to move Israel out. The seven trumpets in revelation will also move Israel back into the land. The seventh trumpet in revelation is not the trumpet in 1 Cor 15:51-52.

Dear sister, you ask for proof from Scripture, I have given you proof, what more can I say?

You say the stones have not all been thrown down, but my pastor has been to Jerusalem and has photos of the stones that were used to rebuild the the Temple thrown down in the valley by the soldiers under Titus in 70 AD, yes the western Wall is still there, but it was a part of the foundation and not part of the Temple,

And Jesus went out and departed from the temple. And His disciples came to Him to show Him the buildings of the temple. Mat 24:1

To infer that the prophecy of the destruction of the Temple by Jesus is not complete........

And your skip over the Desolation that causes Abomination that is described in the Revelation and who it is addressed to, clearly the Jew in Israel, are you saying the Church will be confined to Israel during this time and has reverted to keeping the Sabbath Matt 24:20 rather than the first day of the week as recorded in Acts, personally I amazes me you think this, ...tell me, when are you planning to move to Israel so that when you see the Abomination of Desolation you can flee to the mountains, excuse me, my bad, you won't see the event, you will read about in the Book of Mathew and understand you need to boogie.

Therefore when you see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place (whoever reads, let him understand). Mat 24:15

And something else we need to consider is the word tribulation, Strong's tell us it means pressure like the squeezing of olives to have the oil or grapes to have the wine, with that in mind, all of the references to tribulation spoken to the Church produces something good, joy, good cheer, patience, entry into the Kingdom of Heaven, hope, prayer, glory, but during the great Tribulation it produces death in the people and creation and destruction,

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth. Rev 6:8
And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed. Rev 8:9
And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter. Rev 8:11
And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea. Rev 16:3

Just to name a few,

And like I said, and this is a major problem with what you think, the Church is persecuted, but this tribulation comes from the world, ...during the great tribulation persecution and tribulation comes from God,

add to that, we the Church, are Heavenly citizens, whereas the great tribulation is poured out on the earth dwellers, those that believe this world is their home,

Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. Rev 3:10

And please tell me what you do with this verse, spoken by Jesus, that says He will keep the Church of Philadelphia from the hour of temptation that he also said He will kill the children of the Church of Thyatira in/during the great tribulation, and we understand the hour of temptation and the great tribulation are the same thing, ...check it out in Strong's.

There are so many more, over 500 quotes from the Old Testament in the Apocalypse, I have given you many examples, but you skip over them and use the Olivet Discourse as you sole source, how about you start answering the Scriptures I have presented to you with Scripture that refutes them rather than tell me you have studied and changed your mind, ...personally beloved, that would make you much more credible in what you say,

...one last thing I would like you to explain to me, the Rapture chapter of 1 Thess,

For the Lord Himself shall descend from Heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ shall rise first. vs 16
Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air. And so we shall ever be with the Lord.vs 17

The rapture will be announced by the Trumpet of God, not the trumpet of an Angel in Revelation like so many like to present, ...that also requires a study of the Trumpet of God in Exodus so see when and why it is blown, ...I'll leave that for you to study.

I hope you receive this in the love it was written, you create questions that need to be answered.

Sorry for the length of this, but there is no way to shorten it for what I need to bring to light.

Sorry, but do not see the words "The Great Tribulation" or "seven year tribulation" as scripture says we will always have tribulation until the coming of the Lord. Ask those in other countries that are even now dying a marty's death for the sake of Christ. Are they not suffering through persecutions?

The foundation is the most important part of the Temple for without the foundation there is no Temple. Are we not the Spiritual Temple of God with Christ being our foundation, 1Cor 3:16. Think about that.

The abomination of desolation was 1260 years (a year is as a day with the Lord) of Papal Rome rule from 538AD with Emperor Justinian’s decree and under the military protection of Belisarius and the beast (Pope) until the deadly wound came in 1798 by General Berthier who made his entrance into Rome and abolished the papal government and established a secular one. This is also confirmed in Revelation 12:6 the church of Jesus would hide in the wilderness for exactly 1260 days (years) or 3 ½ years. This was the time when Rome persecuted the Christians and killed them which were approximately 500 million saints slain for the cause of their faith in Jesus. 1798 – 538 = 1260 days/years. Napoleon had closed down the Catholic Church and the Papacy and its power was thought to be forever broken. The wound was largely healed in 1929 when Mussolini gave the Vatican back to the Pope and established it as a country in it's own right in the Lateran Treaty. Today the Vatican has formal diplomatic relations with almost every country in the world.
(Revelation 13:3, 12; Matthew 24:15; Rev 12:6)

Jesus said those who will endure in the faith of Christ unto the end the same shall be saved. This means the end of Papal rule in 1798 which now allowed the Gospel to be preached through out the world as we have been set free from Papal authority even though Papal Rome will try to take its seat again to rule the nations from Jerusalem, which is also an end time abomination of desolation to God as Satan said “I will ascend into heaven; I will exalt my throne above the stars of God (other ruling powers) I will sit also upon the Mount of the Congregation in the sides of the north (Jerusalem). I will ascend above the clouds, I will be like the Most High,”.

Notice in Rev 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, this means that we have patience as Paul and all the Disciples had through Gods strength to endure all tribulation they faced even unto a martyrs death and that we will face the same as we are persecuted for the sake of Christ if we are still alive at that time. Up to Rev 14 tribulation comes from the prince of this world (Satan's control through man) and we are then caught up to meet Jesus in the clouds at that time He will return. Everything after Chapter 14 is Gods wrath poured out on those who have rejected God in His final judgment.
(Luke 12:8-19; Romans 5:1-11; 2Thess1:1-10; Rev Chapter 14)

1Thessalonians Chapter 4 is given for direction in our growth and revelation given to what happens to us when we are caught up to meet Jesus in the clouds which happens right before Gods wrath is poured out upon those who have rejected Jesus and starts after the harvest judgment mentioned in Rev 14. There are seven trumpets that will be sounded in Rev from Chapter 8 starting with vs. 6 and ending in Chapter 11:15 -19. It's when the seventh trumpet is sounded that Christ returns for us His Bride and then we will be caught up in the clouds to meet Him and be with Him forever.

So God is telling the one, Yeah, you just about made it. Just to think, if you had not have lost your faith during that trial of your faith as you suffered with cancer.

Strong’s Everlasting
1 without beginning and end, that which always has been and always will be
2 without beginning
3 without end, never to cease, everlasting

Joh 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life (Whoa; does that actually mean conditional life dependent upon my continued faithfulness?), and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life (This is accomplished the moment we believe!)

Oh but LORD, Mar 13:13 . . he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. (What you talking about? the end of what?) Context? Mar 13:7 And when ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars, be ye not troubled: for such things must needs be; but the end shall not be yet. Mar 13:14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not.

If one who had faith, but lost it as they denounce Christ as their Lord and Savior in order to save their own life will not have eternal life with the Father.

Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
Luke 9:24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.
Luke 9:25 For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?
Luke 9:26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.
Luke 9:27 But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.

If one who had faith, but lost it as they denounce Christ as their Lord and Savior in order to save their own life will not have eternal life with the Father.
I reckon we won't have to worry about Peter then. Under your thoughts on this, Peter fits every aspect of denying Jesus to save his life. Oh the humanity of it huh?
Mar 14:67 And when she saw Peter warming himself, she looked upon him, and said, And thou also wast with Jesus of Nazareth.
Mar 14:68 But he denied, saying, I know not, neither understand I what thou sayest. And he went out into the porch; and the cock crew.

And then to further complicate his denial of our Savior, Peter could never again be renewed to the point of repentance.
Heb 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

To make this sure, Peter denied Jesus three times; yeah, go ahead and weep now Peter, it'll do you no good. Did you know you're bound for hell Peter? Just ask our sister here Peter; you're spinning your wheels for something you can no longer have. :)

Dear Sister for_his_glory, I do hope you know I say this tongue in cheek, but I suspect you'll have some justification to hand out to Peter, I will say this kindly: if I and all here were judged by the standards of man's thought as to what grace really is, none would would find themselves in the book of life.
God bless you in Jesus' name. :wave2

I reckon we won't have to worry about Peter then. Under your thoughts on this, Peter fits every aspect of denying Jesus to save his life. Oh the humanity of it huh?
Mar 14:67 And when she saw Peter warming himself, she looked upon him, and said, And thou also wast with Jesus of Nazareth.
Mar 14:68 But he denied, saying, I know not, neither understand I what thou sayest. And he went out into the porch; and the cock crew.

And then to further complicate his denial of our Savior, Peter could never again be renewed to the point of repentance.
Heb 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

To make this sure, Peter denied Jesus three times; yeah, go ahead and weep now Peter, it'll do you no good. Did you know you're bound for hell Peter? Just ask our sister here Peter; you're spinning your wheels for something you can no longer have. :)

Dear Sister for_his_glory, I do hope you know I say this tongue in cheek, but I suspect you'll have some justification to hand out to Peter, I will say this kindly: if I and all here were judged by the standards of man's thought as to what grace really is, none would would find themselves in the book of life.

Yes I do and the justification is found in the scriptures below. Jesus knew Peter would deny him and told Peter he would. Peter was just that of a follower of Christ in whom he knew was sent by God to be a prophet teacher, but did not know Him as Messiah come. Jesus said when thou are converted, Peter was not yet converted when he denied knowing Jesus as he did not not Him as Messiah yet, but when he wept bitterly it was because he remembered that Jesus told him before hand that he would deny Him. It would not be until Jesus rose from the dead and revealed Himself to the 12 and all the others in the Upper room that then and only then they knew Jesus was the true Messiah and were indwelled with the Holy Spirit that made them ready to be His Disciples.

Luke 22:31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:
Luke 22:32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.
Luke 22:33 And he said unto him, Lord, I am ready to go with thee, both into prison, and to death.
Luke 22:34 And he said, I tell thee, Peter, the cock shall not crow this day, before that thou shalt thrice deny that thou knowest me.

Luke 22:61 And the Lord turned, and looked upon Peter. And Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how he had said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.
Luke 22:62 And Peter went out, and wept bitterly.

We know the only thing that can separate us from God is blasphemy against His Holy Spirit and many will blasphemy during the time of tribulation that has never been seen before nor ever will as they will denounce Christ to save their own lives, not knowing that they have now lost eternal life with the Father.

Mathew 16:13-20 tells us that Peter knew Jesus as the son of the living God through the power of the Holy Spirit.

Mathew 16:13-20 tells us that Peter knew Jesus as the son of the living God through the power of the Holy Spirit.

Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

The Holy Spirit did not reveal this to Peter, it was God as Peter nor the others even knew there was a Holy Spirit as of yet. God revealed to Peter that Jesus was the Son of God, but yet he only recognized Jesus as being sent from the Father as a prophet teacher not Messiah. That would not be revealed until the day of Pentecost when Jesus appeared to them in all His full glory that at that time they knew He was Messiah.

arn't they the same? God the Father God the Son and God the Holy Spirit
yes they are, but I don't think Peter and the rest of the followers knew that at the time until they were indwelled with the Holy Spirit later on in the upper room.

The Holy Spirit did not reveal this to Peter, it was God as Peter nor the others even knew there was a Holy Spirit as of yet.
That is possible.

Yes, they knew there was a Holy Spirit, they were Jews who knew the OT and what it said. There are several scriptures that speak about God's Spirit. Here's King David....
Psa 51:10 A clean heart prepare for me, O God, And a right spirit renew within me.
Psa 51:11 Cast me not forth from Thy presence, And Thy Holy Spirit take not from me.

JLB,

I read what you said, and agreed with most of it.

I just didn't agree with the part I quoted.

In your opinion, is Abraham a member of the Church.

JLB

So true. Even ten years after the cross, Peter wasn't going to eat the foods lowered down in the sheet in his dream because he, as he stated, was still keeping the Jewish law, and didn't want to violate that way of devotion.

7 So Noah, with his sons, his wife, and his sons' wives, went into the ark because of the waters of the flood. 8 Of clean animals, of animals that are unclean, of birds, and of everything that creeps on the earth, 9 two by two they went into the ark to Noah, male and female, as God had commanded Noah. Genesis 7:7-8

There were "unclean animals long before there was a "Jewish Law".

JLB

The Holy Spirit had not been given them yet, when Peter denied know Jesus to the little girl.

So Jesus said to them again, "Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you." And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit. John 20:21-22

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame. Hebrews 6:4-6

Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed, and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit. 1 Corinthians 12:3

JLB

Yes, they knew there was a Holy Spirit, they were Jews who knew the OT and what it said. There are several scriptures that speak about God's Spirit. Here's King David....
Psa 51:10 A clean heart prepare for me, O God, And a right spirit renew within me.
Psa 51:11 Cast me not forth from Thy presence, And Thy Holy Spirit take not from me.

In the OT up until the upper room experience the Holy Spirit had not yet been revealed to Israel, but was only upon certain ones like David and many others for a time and purpose from God, but not yet indwelled in them. Just as Peter Gods Holy Spirit revealed to Peter who Jesus was as only being upon him at the moment, but not yet indwelled in Peter. Big difference between upon and indwelled.
Genesis 1:1,2; Exodus 31:3; Numbers 11:25; 24:2; Judges 3:10; 14:6,19; 1Samuel 16:13

Back