Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Question about the act of praying

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Thanks, Farouk:lol
No governor will tolerate any of those postures in his office.

Classik,

Well, maybe not, but I can think of a good few offices on a Friday afternoon where the guy in the suit, and the lady on the 'phone with the 'sensibly' low stilettos, might be relaxing in a similar way to how they are sitting in their chairs.

Not sure about the person in the third picture, though.

But I guess we are getting off the prayer topic now.

Last edited by a moderator:
What posture would you take while talking to ... GOD?

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

WIP:

This is a great verse, acknowledging the exalted position of the Lord Jesus, which is His due; He having been obedient unto death, even the death of the Cross.

I think that whether the knee is physically bended today, it's our hearts that need to bow in acknowledgment of His worthy place.

I would agree that it is not merely our bodily posture but our personal posture. I can bend a knee but to pay homage comes from within.

I would agree that it is not merely our bodily posture but our personal posture. I can bend a knee but to pay homage comes from within.

WIP:

Indeed. I am reminded of the verse: 'Man looks upon the outward appearance, but the Lord looks upon the heart.'

Thanks all.

I draw that from the comparison that no one can boldly take any kind of posture before Obama. Why GOD?:lol

You know, the people of the OT had some particular postures, I think, Including some in the NT. (Not quite sure).

Obviously, the Lord watches the heart....But some postures make us appear rude.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back