Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Race in a Christian marriage???

Is inter-racial marraige unbiblical?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Ryu said:
KnarfKS said:
Nice brutus.

I actually think this is the first thread that everyone is in complete agreement. :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin

Not even close. I have always been against interacial-marriages. If you are white marry white. If you are black marry black. People should have enough common sense to stay within their own race, but common sense is something many people lack in todays society.

Well aren't you the loving person? Your statements make me think of the following:

"Racism is man's gravest threat to man--the maximum of hatred for a minimum of reason."
~ Abraham Joshua Heschel

Ryu said:
KnarfKS said:
Nice brutus.

I actually think this is the first thread that everyone is in complete agreement. :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin

Not even close. I have always been against interacial-marriages. If you are white marry white. If you are black marry black. People should have enough common sense to stay within their own race, but common sense is something many people lack in todays society.

I guess I lack common sense, because I don't see how marrying outside of your race could be deemed 'wrong' :roll:.

What's wrong with people marrying whomever they choose?

Nocturnal_Principal_X said:
Ryu said:
KnarfKS said:
Nice brutus.

Well aren't you the loving person? Your statements make me think of the following:

"Racism is man's gravest threat to man--the maximum of hatred for a minimum of reason."
~ Abraham Joshua Heschel

People should stick with their own race Nocturnal. I have met many females from different ethic groups while on campus, but had no desire to date them. I am white and I only date and marry white women. If you have a problem with that Nocturnal then I recommend you go and check your bible.

Ryu said:
People should stick with their own race Nocturnal. I have met many females from different ethic groups while on campus, but had no desire to date them. I am white and I only date and marry white women. If you have a problem with that Nocturnal then I recommend you go and check your bible.

I am so happy you are such a loving person
thumb.gif

Ryu said:

I am so happy you are such a loving person
thumb.gif

I am a very loving person Nocturnal; looks can be very deceiving.

Wow, guys, I think Ryu is intitled to his opinion. :-? I didn't read where he said he hated other races, he just feels that we should marry within our own race. What's wrong with him thinking like that?
There are blacks, asians, german, italian...etc that think the same way as Ryu.
If you think it is fine then it is fine for you but, if Ryu thinks it wrong then its wrong for him. Unless he is out harassing interracial couples (with some of his answers in other topics he might be) I would rather give him the benefit of the doubt.

I for one don't care :wink: I am not going to make a issue out of it.

I know when I was growing up, I was told that Jews couldn't marry outside there race because of a blood disorder, and if they did it would effect the kids. How true that is I don't know.

I just don't think that we should argue about this. :-? I don't believe that the bible state either way, for or against it. I believe we are all intitled to our opinions in this case. And thats just what it is our own opinions

Judy is right.
Also alot of times the interracial children are the ones who pay the price for interracial marriage. They get picked on by other kids who have been taught to be less accepting of racial differences, and alot of time they go through a lot of confusion having to do with which race they identify with.

It doesn't mean you are a racist just because you prefer to marry within your own race.

Good points Judy and destiny. I guess my responses are due in part to my strong opposition toward racism and such a mentality clouded my judgment. I apologize.

Also alot of times the interracial children are the ones who pay the price for interracial marriage. They get picked on by other kids who have been taught to be less accepting of racial differences, and alot of time they go through a lot of confusion having to do with which race they identify with.
Actually I think this is the problem of every ignorant person harassing them, not the child themself, or the parents fault. Should 2 short people marry if their kids will be short and possibly be made fun of? Should weird looking people not have children either?

I know when I was growing up, I was told that Jews couldn't marry outside there race because of a blood disorder, and if they did it would effect the kids. How true that is I don't know.
It is usually the opposite. The disease is probably a nondominant genetic disorder, so if people marry too closely or if both parents have the gene then there is a higher incidence of the child having the disease. And ethnicities tend to carry the same genes. The only jewish genetic blood disorder I could find is Fanconi anemia which is a recessive, or nondominant disorder. The most well know disease to affect the jewish population is Tay-Sach's diseas which is a nondominant genetic disorder that causes mental retardation.

I agree that if someone doesn't want to marry outside of their race, its fine, it is a matter of attraction and some people are not attracted to different skin colors, facial structures or body compositions either. That is fine, no problem at all. But if your saying no one should marry outside of their race, thats the problem. No biblical basis for such an assumption, neither is you should marry outside of your race. And the fact that they might be made fun of is not a good reason.

Actually I think this is the problem of every ignorant person harassing them, not the child themself, or the parents fault. Should 2 short people marry if their kids will be short and possibly be made fun of? Should weird looking people not have children either?

Even though racism is brought about by ignorance and stupidity, I would still have to think about what my decision to be open to interracial relationships could mean to my future children.
Afterall they would be the receptors of all the ignorance and torment, to not consider that would be pretty selfish.
I agree with you that it's not the childs fault, but the fact still remains that they are the ones being tormented, and that should play into our decision making before we go into an interracial relationship.
It's more serious than height.

Ryu said:
Ryu said:
KnarfKS said:
Nice brutus.

~ Abraham Joshua Heschel

What Bible are you using?

BEI491962 said:
Ryu said:
Ryu said:
KnarfKS said:
Nice brutus.

~ Abraham Joshua Heschel

KJV

Brutus/HisCatalyst said:
Ryu, I asked you for scripture to back your point. If you are so sure please provide the text.

I don't believe the bible states either. :wink:

Ryu said:
BEI491962 said:
Ryu said:
Ryu said:
[quote="KnarfKS":8fbd1]Nice brutus.

~ Abraham Joshua Heschel

KJV[/quote:8fbd1]

Well, I'm not a fan of the KJV (I prefer the NASB version), but I'm 99% sure that the content between the two Bibles are the same, and I'm 100% certain that the Bible doesn't dismiss interracial marriages.

Judy said:
Brutus/HisCatalyst said:
Ryu, I asked you for scripture to back your point. If you are so sure please provide the text.

It is there Judy, you just have to find it.

Ryu said:
Judy said:
Brutus/HisCatalyst said:

It is there Judy, you just have to find it.

You could find it and post it for everyone ;).

It'd be a lot easier that way, wouldn't you say?

Whether in the bible or not, it still doesn't make a person racist if they prefer to marry within thier own race, if that were the case most of the human population wold be racist.

There are cases in the bible where the Lord told the Jews not to marry others in certain countries..

Gen.24:3-4 Abraham made his servant swear that he wouldn't take a wife for his son Isaac from the daughters of the canaanites.

Matrimonial arrangements were made by parents, and chosen partners were to come from one's own tribe. It was apparently customary to marry one's first cousin. But Abraham's higher motive was to prevent Isaac from marrying a Canaanite pagan after Abraham's death, thus possibly leading the people away from the true God. (footnoets in the MacArthur study bible)

Then in Gen 28:1 Isaac made Jacob promise that he wouldn't take a wife for among the canaanites.
Ezra 9:1- 4 The reason for this exclusiveness was to keep the people pure. In the first settlement, Israel was warned not to make covenants with the nations, which would result in intermarriages and inevitably the worship of foreign gods (ex.34:10-17; Deut 7:1-5).

Neh.13:23-27
Malachi 2:10-16

I believe in all the cases above, the reason God didn't want them to marry outside of their own tribe, is these people would lead the Jews to worship other gods.
It is the same thing today when the Lord says that we should not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. 2 Cor.6:14. But that has nothing to do with race. If we were to date or marry an unsaved person they might lead us away form our Lord.

destiny said:
Whether in the bible or not, it still doesn't make a person racist if they prefer to marry within thier own race, if that were the case most of the human population wold be racist.

I agree that preference to your own race is not racist. When I proposed the topic, the original intent was to discuss whether inter-racial Marriage is unbiblical, and there by sinful. That's why I'd like to see Ryu give the Biblical support of his opinion.

Back