Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Race in a Christian marriage???

Is inter-racial marraige unbiblical?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
destiny said:
Whether in the bible or not, it still doesn't make a person racist if they prefer to marry within thier own race, if that were the case most of the human population wold be racist.

If someone wants to marry within their own race exclusively, then that's their choice. However, if they want to advocate that all persons should marry within their race only, then I would like to see a Biblical defense of such a stance.

BEI491962 said:
destiny said:
Whether in the bible or not, it still doesn't make a person racist if they prefer to marry within thier own race, if that were the case most of the human population wold be racist.

If someone wants to marry within their own race exclusively, then that's their choice. However, if they want to advocate that all persons should marry within their race only, then I would like to see a Biblical defense of such a stance.

Just like to say I agree, I don't have a problem with someone deciding to marry within their race it just bothers me when someone says it is wrong for everyone else to do so.

Just like to say I agree, I don't have a problem with someone deciding to marry within their race it just bothers me when someone says it is wrong for everyone else to do so.
I understand where you're coming from Noc, and I agree. A person has to weigh it out and make their own decisions.

Even though racism is brought about by ignorance and stupidity, I would still have to think about what my decision to be open to interracial relationships could mean to my future children.
Afterall they would be the receptors of all the ignorance and torment, to not consider that would be pretty selfish.
I agree with you that it's not the childs fault, but the fact still remains that they are the ones being tormented, and that should play into our decision making before we go into an interracial relationship.
It's more serious than height.

No, it really isn't all that different. Being short, or ugly or bad eye sight or a number of other things predisposes a child to torment also. The difference may be a conflict in the culture, but in the US most places people accept interracial couples in either racial circle. I'm speaking this while living in the midwest, but I know that in the south racism is still rampant. My grandparents are from the south, they refuse to go to my church because my pastor is black and his wife is white.

BTW, I'm not saying everyone from the south is a racist, but it is a part of the culture in the south that still needs resolved. I have worked for a racial reconciliation ministry in Jackson, MS and have seen the hatred from all sides, especially the churches. It is sad that the Christian church is probably the most segregated place in the US.

You are not being selfish by marrying someone you love and raising a child you love as well. If others are so stupid and ignorant that they can't accept someone with a varied shade of skin they don't deserve to even have an opinion. There is as much difference in genetics between a eastern european white person to a british white person than most white people compared to african people or asian.

I'm also sorry, but some of the most beautiful women in the world are of mixed races(Halle Berry). Or think of people like Tiger Woods, Mariah Carey, Derek Jeter, Lenny Kravitz, Greg Louganis, Maya Rudolph who are very famous and extremely good at what they do. Derek Jeter is one of the top 3 shortstops in the world, Tiger Woods is the best golfer in the world. How is being interracial holding these people back? Honestly I think it may help them to become better people because they at times have to persevere through others stupidity in judging them because of their race.

Nocturnal_Principal_X said:
Good points Judy and destiny. I guess my responses are due in part to my strong opposition toward racism and such a mentality clouded my judgment. I apologize.
NPX, you have NO reason to be apologizing. Your distaste for racism is warranted and shared by many, including me. I also find it to be less and less of a problem between grade-school age children, aso interracial marriages become more and more acceptable. There is NO biblical basis behind not marrying outside of one's skin color. Race is a misnomer and a scapegoat that breeds prejudice.

I think Ryu is just egging you guys on. He's trolling.

There is nothing wrong morally with inter-racial marriages at all.

In Christ, Aiki.

Surviving said:
I don't see why inter-racial marriages are wrong.

Nehemiah 13:23-27
Ezra 9:1-2
Ezra 9:13-15

It is wrong, the word of the LORD says so. You are almost commiting a Blasphemy of the Scripture here, Repent.

Lekazar:

None of your OT references say anything about inter-racial marriage. They forbid Israelites marrying pagan people, but this is a matter of incompatible religious belief and practice, not race.

A Christian shouldn't marry a non-Christian (2 Cor. 6:14). But any Christian may marry any other Christian no matter what race they are.

In Christ, Aiki.

"They have taken some of their daughters as wives for themselves and their sons, and have mingled the holy race with the peoples around them. And the leaders and officials have led the way in this unfaithfulness." (Ezra 9:2)

Amen!

You need to study the scriptures more my brother.

Lekazar said:
"They have taken some of their daughters as wives for themselves and their sons, and have mingled the holy race with the peoples around them. And the leaders and officials have led the way in this unfaithfulness." (Ezra 9:2)

Amen!

You need to study the scriptures more my brother.

You may need to examine the Word more closely too. The verse before your selection clearly states that intermarriage referrs to religious practices (or as they call them "detestable practices", and not ethnicity.
Ezra 9:1-2 (comes from the same source as yours)

After these things had been done, the leaders came to me and said, "The people of Israel, including the priests and the Levites, have not kept themselves separate from the neighboring peoples with their detestable practices, like those of the Canaanites, Hittites, Perizzites, Jebusites, Ammonites, Moabites, Egyptians and Amorites.

Furthermore, the word "race" (according to Merriam Webster) also means a class or kind of people unified by community of interests, habits, or characteristics The meaning that is commonly used here in the US (in terms of a genetic make-up) is merely a social construct created for purposes to catagorize people - again in the US primarily

If you do not believe that ethnicities should intermarry...fine. But don't twist the Word of God to back up such opinion.

You cannot deny it says RACE there.

And I care not for this woman's opinons on the word,
women are subordinate to men and not allown to preach the LORD's word. Made only as servants of Adam (man).

Leviticus 27:2-7
Genesis 3:16
1 Corinthians 11:3-10
1 Corinthians 14:33-35
1 Peter 3:1-2
Ephesians 5:22-24

"A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent. For Adam was formed first, then Eve.
And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived
and became a sinner. But women will be saved through childbearing, if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety."
(1 Timothy 2:11-15)

"Give no woman power over you to trample upon your dignity."
(Sirach 9:2)

Lekazar:

You cannot deny it says RACE there.

No one is, Lekazar. Actually, it says "holy race". The word "race" doesn't stand alone as the sole basis upon which God wanted His people to be separate from other nations. As Prayerfull74 and I have pointed out, the issue is more one of conduct than genetic heritage.

Maybe you should take your own advice and examine the Word more closely yourself. :wink: :roll:

I gotta' say that your post is not just inflammatory, but ridiculously so. It reads very much like something a troll would write. :o :evil: Are you just baiting us? It sure looks like it. :x

In Christ, Aiki.

I believe you are right Aiki, which is sad.

Playing games with the Word is not wise.

No one is, Lekazar. Actually, it says "holy race". The word "race" doesn't stand alone as the sole basis upon which God wanted His people to be separate from other nations. As Prayerfull74 and I have pointed out, the issue is more one of conduct than genetic heritage.

Maybe you should take your own advice and examine the Word more closely yourself. :wink: :roll:

I gotta' say that your post is not just inflammatory, but ridiculously so. It reads very much like something a troll would write. :o :evil: Are you just baiting us? It sure looks like it. :x

In Christ, Aiki.

It says RACE, no matter what word is before it. HOLY RACE still got RACE in it. Stop blaspheming the LORD's word, and the holy race too for that matter.

And this is the second time Ive seen where you accused someone of "trolling".. "Thou shalt not judge" rings a bell?

And last, are you a woman yourself? Your name sounds feminine, and the LORD has stated you are not allown to try and teach a man anything, and couldnt do it anyways, so therefore I shall not listen to what you have to say, you must be silent in the church of the LORD, and is not allown to preach his [The LORD's] teachings, so respect the LORD's wish, be silent, repent, and stop this heresy. Amen!

I am a male, therefore it is now my right to rebuke you. You are being rediculous.

It says RACE, no matter what word is before it. HOLY RACE still got RACE in it. Stop blaspheming the LORD's word, and the holy race too for that matter.

The previous posts have clearly explained the reasoning of the seperation of "races" and have clearly defined the meaning of the word race, which is the correct meaning. Race does not mean skin color, in this case it means believers and followers of the God of Abraham, Issac, Moses and of Israel, the same God who sent His son Jesus Christ to die for our sins.

And this is the second time Ive seen where you accused someone of "trolling".. "Thou shalt not judge" rings a bell?
This incorrect reading of scripture reflects the rest of your poor theology as well. First off he is not judging you, he is warning you. Secondly we are called to keep one another accountable as brothers in Christ. Third, lighten up open your eyes and actually read and think before you post. There have been numerous occasions where you yourself have judged people. Within the same post as I have quoted earlier you have judged someone for speaking when you don't even know if they are a woman.(not that I agree with his assessment of scripture on this)

Thanks, KnarfKS! :biggrin In the mouth of two or three witnesses, eh?

Lakazar:

I prefer to think of my screen name as gender neutral. For the record, I am a man. :smt066

And last, are you a woman yourself? Your name sounds feminine, and the LORD has stated you are not allown to try and teach a man anything, and couldnt do it anyways, so therefore I shall not listen to what you have to say, you must be silent in the church of the LORD, and is not allown to preach his [The LORD's] teachings, so respect the LORD's wish, be silent, repent, and stop this heresy. Amen!

The truth is the truth no matter who says it. If the devil said, "Jesus Christ is Lord," should I plug my ears and cry, "No! No!". Of course not. I'd say a hearty "Amen!" (I'd be wondering about the devil, though...) Not usurping the man's authority in the church is quite different than telling you on this forum to think twice about your view of scripture.

Let him have the truth ladies! :smt062 (In love, of course. :wink: )

In Christ, Aiki.

aiki said:
The truth is the truth no matter who says it. If the devil said, "Jesus Christ is Lord," should I plug my ears and cry, "No! No!". Of course not. I'd say a hearty "Amen!" (I'd be wondering about the devil, though...) Not usurping the man's authority in the church is quite different than telling you on this forum to think twice about your view of scripture.
Let him have the truth ladies! :smt062 (In love, of course. :wink: )
In Christ, Aiki.

He would never say that because when he speaks, he lies. ALWAYS, study the scripture of the LORD more, if you claim that he could say such
a thing, then you are claiming it is not the truth that Jesus is the LORD and the SON, and that is blasphemy. Repent!

And once again you commit blasphemy and show a lack of respect for the laws of the LORD, and through that, disrespect for the LORD himself.

"A woman should learn in quietness and full submission.
I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent. For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. But women will be saved through childbearingâ€â€if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety."

(1 Timothy 2:11-15)

Dont ever speak such lies in the name of the LORD again. Amen!

He (satan)would never say that because when he speaks, he lies.
I agree, but aiki was trying to make a point, of which you completely missed once again. The truth is the truth, Aiki and I are both males telling you the truth so that blows you antifemale misinterpretation out of the water. Again, were you not the one complaining about people judging others earlier???? Would this be hypocrisy???

I will judge at this point and say that you are trolling. If you don't like it too bad. We are also called to follow the rules and laws set by governing bodies. Which the administrators are when on this forum. Which they set rules against trolling. Therefore stop.

Back to the topic at hand, which this forum is about. Race in relationships, if you would like to explain the scripture you have stated before Lekazar that would be a great place to continue this conversation. If not please leave this particular thread.

Back