Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Racial Narratives Of The Left

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Quote from article not included in OP.

The current multicultural paradigm in the West simply does not work, again due to its innate contradictions of wanting what is supposedly wrong. Ostensibly because of past imperialism, colonialism, racism, and privilege, dominant so-called white (if any can define it) culture in the West must not only apologize for Western influence, but assume it exists only through ongoing exploitation of the “other.â€

Me thinks this guy suffers from survivors guilt. Let me put it this way using a quote from another article about exposing racism in Mississippi;

"That doesn't sell with me," says David Halbrook, a 24-year veteran of the state legislature. Halbrook, who is white, says many whites resent being made to feel guilty when they had no personal involvement in acts of racism or violence against blacks. "I don't think I've treated them that badly."
Readers also complain that resurrecting the ugly ghosts of the past only rekindles smoldering racial fears and animosities and diverts attention from the state's real problems, like education and poverty. "I don't think we need to ignore or blot out completely the past," says Halbrook. "But I don't think it will improve relations to keep that bubbling high in the public consciousness."

It feels like a new Citzens Council is being resurrected in the States. But unlike their kin from yester-year they don't warn whites against using toilets behind blacks, or how inferior and lazy the black man is....this new council screams at the top of its lungs that whites are are the unporportionate victims of crazed black youths with no fathers, roaming the country in search of helpless whites to attack. These people have no interest in the past and how these events used to work out in their favor and perhaps shaped the future they complain about. It's all about today.

This author sees the past as somthing to forget. He can't even define whites when it comes to their past arrogance and dominance. He calls them "so-called" whites. However, when it comes to black on white crimes he does not hesitate, white is white. He summarily dismisses the fact that America is the rich, prosperous nation it is today because it made it's inital wealth by destoying the cultures around it.....Natives to the reservations, stolen Africans forced to work for no wages, and Mexicans kicked out. How many of us think we could and would get rich if we started a company where you didn't have to pay wages and got rid of all of your competition?

He reduces the the ugly reality of colonialism, racism and priviledge by hinting that it is not fair to assume white culture must apologize for these events or could not exisit without these events. But American culture is not defined by just white culture. America exists specifically because of what was able to accomplish...on the backs of others. American culture is defined then by many events, the good, bad and the ugly of which many cultures and groups took part in. If he doesn't like the part his ancestors played that is his problem.

This author states,
...so-called minorities must be given exemption from social norms...

And where did he learn history? So-called minorities? He needs to think about why the requirements for hiring and admisssion where put into place to begin with. Where was he when these injustices were being practiced openly against other groups. Since when is getting hired based on what you know versus the color of your skin a "social norm." I guess blacks are also exempt from the social norm of being able to catch a cab in New York too.

This author is also off about his comparison of Warren and Trayvon. I don't care if Trayvon was a prostitute or a boy scout. His background has nothing to do with the fact that he was coming home from a store and was being followed by someone with a gun. When the two came face to face, and no matter who got the best of who, Trayvon was killed and the crime needed to properly investigated. It wasn't going to be until his parents made noise about it. Now that is in the courts, its up to the courts to decide.

Warren is a white Demoncratic Senate Candiate who apparently told her schools she was Native America. Warren states her great-great-great grandmother was referenced as Cherokee Indian on a marriage license and that her family always spoke of her Native heritage. The author states outright that she lied because Warren admits their is no proof of her ancestory. Really? We are supposed to believe that in racist America, where having a drop of black blood could get you killed if you were found trying to pass, whites with "other" blood would be keeping record?

Warren only played by the rules that Whites wrote. Having families hide their ancestory is common in this county. Now that it can work to some's advantage some expose it. America's chicken's have come home to roost.

It's a blame game....Zimmerman is being persecuted unfairly, because black youth in general are criminals (as many here believe) and it is ususally the Zimmerman's being attacked or .....when blacks are attacked by whites their cases are dismissed, ignored or go univestigated with no fair hearings, trials, etc...

But what does that have to do with Trayvon's case? So what the media yells, black/white...or are we all unthinking morons who only believe what the media tells us. Trayvon could have been gray and the case would still stand. And how does exposing the far "left" and "right" side of racism in this case help further the cause of Christ on this Christian forum. What is really being accomplished?

Blessings,
Dee

Now Dee, you know this is about Media Bias and the left's hidden agenda :grumpy

Seriously though, what get's me the most, regardless of ones political or social stance, is any dishonesty regarding these subjects.

As followers of Christ, I'd think we should be begging Christ to help us individually to rise above our nature; learn to offer the same grace and understanding we ask God to for in the full knowledge that not one man, regardless of race, is innocent of any of the charges we level on each other.

Funny how we are not willing to offer what we ourselves seek, or should be seeking. Until we can honestly accept that, I think we should continue to question and doubt our very salvation.

Now Dee, you know this is about Media Bias and the left's hidden agenda :grumpy.

No I don't know that. I think to Tray's parents this whole case is about the fact that their son was shot, they were not notified, and the killer walked away. The parent's had to make noise because their case was getting ignored....or did we all forget that fact.

Now did they get ignored because Tray was seen as just another dead, black kid....I don't know. Did they get ignored because Zim was seen as a good guy, with connections to the system thru his dad....I don't know.

But just because some extremist black groups shout racism and the media shapes the story into a race war....one white (although I don't know any black people who thought Zimmerman was white) against black, does that mean we have to buy into the hype?

Tray's parents have a DEAD child. They want the person responsible to answer for that. It's between Zimmerman and Tray's family. I don't get into the media bias hype for the media has been bias a long, long, long time. Now that the shoe seems to be on the "proverbial" other foot everybody was to have lengthy discussions about it.

But I don't see people upset when a "black" crime is committed and the person's face, name, address, neighborhood and family are posted throughout the report. Yet for years I watch as "white" crimes are committed with no inital mention of race or any telling signs to that effect. It's 2012 and yet I can tell within the first 10 seconds of news report if the criminal in question is black or non black.

Media bias? It's a part of our American culture. So it's puzzling to me why everyone is so sensitive all of a sudden. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, right? I'm not particularly overly-sensitive to this newest cry of under-reported crime. Boo hoo...stand in line.

Dee

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a very judgmental accusation and we won't know until the FACTS come out - not the garbage liberal spin we see in the media.
Do you not see how your own post contributes to the highly unconstructive character of political "dialogue" we see today?

You are, like many others, engaging in the politics of demonization. If you have a point, by all means make it. But I suggest no one benefits from the harsh, ungenerous generalization you make.

Do you not see how your own post contributes to the highly unconstructive character of political "dialogue" we see today?

You are, like many others, engaging in the politics of demonization. If you have a point, by all means make it. But I suggest no one benefits from the harsh, ungenerous generalization you make.

I disagree. I think Car Guy hit it spot on. :thumbsup

The liberal media is wrecking the U.S.

But just because some extremist black groups shout racism and the media shapes the story into a race war....one white (although I don't know any black people who thought Zimmerman was white) against black, does that mean we have to buy into the hype?
Besides the black panthers (who want to "kill every withe man,woman, child,and grandmother")??

Easy..
Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Spike Lee, the entire MSNBC network, ABC..... the list goes on...

I'm starting to think Jesse Ventura should do a conspiracy show about this supposed "left wing liberal media conspiracy" or whatever it supposedly is.

It would be a win-win situation. People who believe in this can go on there, and be interviewed by his "investigators", and they can stand outside random buildings and yell about how they can't keep the truth hidden... and the rest of us can get a good chuckle at how seriously some people take the media.

No I don't know that. ..............
Media bias? It's a part of our American culture. So it's puzzling to me why everyone is so sensitive all of a sudden. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, right? I'm not particularly overly-sensitive to this newest cry of under-reported crime. Boo hoo...stand in line.

Dee

I was being factitious when I said it's about media bias. Media bias is being used as a cop-out to say we should not speak of certain things other wise it may lead to "dancing" or something. (that's me being factitious again) Basically it's the old argument that the public at large is too dumb to sort out the truth, yet many claiming to be conservative will also point out how the media is trying to fool an otherwise intelligent public. The whole charge from either side is a cop-out.

As a conservative thinker, (I assume) I know you have much more to say about liberalism than to simply copy and past an article. Some original thoughts on the nature of racial narratives of the left? What can you say about that or liberalism in general today?

Oh, how precious, we have someone here who believes he has original thoughts. :lol

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, Danus, but you're just another shlub in the long line of humanity, millions of whom have had the same "original" thoughts as you, long before you. I'm guessing many of them have been more articulate in expressing them than you'll ever be.

Ecclesiastes 1:9
What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again; <SUP class=crossreference value='(A)'></SUP>
there is nothing new under the sun.

I'm not so pompous as to believe my "original" thoughts haven't at times already been expressed more elequently than I might do myself, so I have no problem in quoting them when it suits me, and will happily do so at my pleasure, not yours.

Quote from article not included in OP.

Me thinks this guy suffers from survivors guilt. Let me put it this way using a quote from another article about exposing racism in Mississippi;

It feels like a new Citzens Council is being resurrected in the States. But unlike their kin from yester-year they don't warn whites against using toilets behind blacks, or how inferior and lazy the black man is....this new council screams at the top of its lungs that whites are are the unporportionate victims of crazed black youths with no fathers, roaming the country in search of helpless whites to attack. These people have no interest in the past and how these events used to work out in their favor and perhaps shaped the future they complain about. It's all about today.

This author sees the past as somthing to forget. He can't even define whites when it comes to their past arrogance and dominance. He calls them "so-called" whites. However, when it comes to black on white crimes he does not hesitate, white is white. He summarily dismisses the fact that America is the rich, prosperous nation it is today because it made it's inital wealth by destoying the cultures around it.....Natives to the reservations, stolen Africans forced to work for no wages, and Mexicans kicked out. How many of us think we could and would get rich if we started a company where you didn't have to pay wages and got rid of all of your competition?

He reduces the the ugly reality of colonialism, racism and priviledge by hinting that it is not fair to assume white culture must apologize for these events or could not exisit without these events. But American culture is not defined by just white culture. America exists specifically because of what was able to accomplish...on the backs of others. American culture is defined then by many events, the good, bad and the ugly of which many cultures and groups took part in. If he doesn't like the part his ancestors played that is his problem.

This author states,

And where did he learn history? So-called minorities? He needs to think about why the requirements for hiring and admisssion where put into place to begin with. Where was he when these injustices were being practiced openly against other groups. Since when is getting hired based on what you know versus the color of your skin a "social norm." I guess blacks are also exempt from the social norm of being able to catch a cab in New York too.

This author is also off about his comparison of Warren and Trayvon. I don't care if Trayvon was a prostitute or a boy scout. His background has nothing to do with the fact that he was coming home from a store and was being followed by someone with a gun. When the two came face to face, and no matter who got the best of who, Trayvon was killed and the crime needed to properly investigated. It wasn't going to be until his parents made noise about it. Now that is in the courts, its up to the courts to decide.

Warren is a white Demoncratic Senate Candiate who apparently told her schools she was Native America. Warren states her great-great-great grandmother was referenced as Cherokee Indian on a marriage license and that her family always spoke of her Native heritage. The author states outright that she lied because Warren admits their is no proof of her ancestory. Really? We are supposed to believe that in racist America, where having a drop of black blood could get you killed if you were found trying to pass, whites with "other" blood would be keeping record?

Warren only played by the rules that Whites wrote. Having families hide their ancestory is common in this county. Now that it can work to some's advantage some expose it. America's chicken's have come home to roost.

It's a blame game....Zimmerman is being persecuted unfairly, because black youth in general are criminals (as many here believe) and it is ususally the Zimmerman's being attacked or .....when blacks are attacked by whites their cases are dismissed, ignored or go univestigated with no fair hearings, trials, etc...

But what does that have to do with Trayvon's case? So what the media yells, black/white...or are we all unthinking morons who only believe what the media tells us. Trayvon could have been gray and the case would still stand. And how does exposing the far "left" and "right" side of racism in this case help further the cause of Christ on this Christian forum. What is really being accomplished?

Blessings,
Dee

Perhaps you should read the article again, you clearly don't understand the points being made.

Oh, how precious, we have someone here who believes he has original thoughts. :lol

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, Danus, but you're just another shlub in the long line of humanity, millions of whom have had the same "original" thoughts as you, long before you. I'm guessing many of them have been more articulate in expressing them than you'll ever be.

Ecclesiastes 1:9
What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again; <sup class="crossreference" value="(<a href=&quot;http://www.christianforums.net/#cen-NIV-17325A&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;>A</a>)"></sup>
there is nothing new under the sun.

I'm not so pompous as to believe my "original" thoughts haven't at times already been expressed more elequently than I might do myself, so I have no problem in quoting them when it suits me, and will happily do so at my pleasure, not yours.

I think your misunderstanding what I'm asking you. I'm asking for your original thoughts to see if in fact you fully agree with the views your pasting from that article. Apparently you do, word for word it's what you think and it's what you'd have written yourself. It was an opportunity to get your spin on it.

That said, I think Rush is totally right. The media does shape the way we think, Or perhaps Meatball is right; the media simply says what we already think, and we just enjoy it because everyone like to have their views validated, as you have had with someone who can best articulate what you already think. It's one or the other Mark, based on your reply.

You post as of late have centered on the Travon story and racism. A good topic to discuss, but one where I've seen you use the words of others to bolster your view. That's fine,but when I press you for your view in relation to that....it fizzles out.

Your concern is the media leading the masses and shaping pop-culture opinions, yet you freely admit that you allow the media to speak for you as well. :chin

It's one thing to discuss a view in the media, but quite another to say that a media source is "the" view, but that all others are somehow false; and you see no conflict in that? - letting a media story, someone else wrote, totally speak for you about how the media is falsely speaking for others, and when others might agree with those liberal media sentiments; they are wrong and easily lead? That it?

Besides the black panthers (who want to "kill every withe man,woman, child,and grandmother")??

Easy..
Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Spike Lee, the entire MSNBC network, ABC..... the list goes on...

The "new" black panthers that spoke on tv after the case became famous were openly denounced by the panthers from the 60s (who had a right to be pissed). Any educated person who understands anything about who the real panthers were and what they represented would have seen the new guys as opportunists and a bunch of numbnuts.

***News Flash*** Al, Jesse and Spike are not representatives of the black race...no more than was David Duke or any other Neo Nazi group that gets a mike and 30 seconds in front of the camera.

I was being factitious when I said it's about media bias. Media bias is being used as a cop-out to say we should not speak of certain things other wise it may lead to "dancing" or something. (that's me being factitious again) Basically it's the old argument that the public at large is too dumb to sort out the truth, yet many claiming to be conservative will also point out how the media is trying to fool an otherwise intelligent public. The whole charge from either side is a cop-out.

I see. A nod to sarcasm...I get it. Your "dancing" comment is duly noted. ;)

Perhaps you should read the article again, you clearly don't understand the points being made.

I went to the source you cited. I understood the article, I just wasn't impressed with it. I thought his argument that liberals are the driving force behind keeping race issues alive and in the media a sad and narrow minded pov. Or must the author be reminded that it was conservatives that kept the fires of hatred brewing in America as they struggled to keep the status quo in place.

What people on both sides fail to account for is modern genetics. A recent study of the genetics of major 'races' across the world show that there is less than a .2% difference on the genetic level between the groups. This means that 'race' is a myth since we are all the same genetically minus the .2% variation which accounts for hair, skin, and eye color.

As a species, we're going to have to get with the times and ignore the 'racial' things of the past. We cannot change past, but we can certainly build a better future for everyone.

What people on both sides fail to account for is modern genetics. A recent study of the genetics of major 'races' across the world show that there is less than a .2% difference on the genetic level between the groups. This means that 'race' is a myth since we are all the same genetically minus the .2% variation which accounts for hair, skin, and eye color.

As a species, we're going to have to get with the times and ignore the 'racial' things of the past. We cannot change past, but we can certainly build a better future for everyone.

Good point and one that more should take to heart. All this earth really needs is a good old fashion "alien invasion" to remind us that we are are part of the human race to bring us all together.

Dee

The "new" black panthers that spoke on tv after the case became famous were openly denounced by the panthers from the 60s (who had a right to be pissed). Any educated person who understands anything about who the real panthers were and what they represented would have seen the new guys as opportunists and a bunch of numbnuts.

***News Flash*** Al, Jesse and Spike are not representatives of the black race...no more than was David Duke or any other Neo Nazi group that gets a mike and 30 seconds in front of the camera.
That is not how the main stream press treats them.....

That is not how the main stream press treats them.....

Please enlighten me then. Because Spike only gets in the news when he does or says something offensive. Al and Jesse, both past their prime in the black civil rights movement, get a sound byte every time the subject is somewhat controversial. None of these people are the voice of African Americans today.

And the new Black Panthers....why they got so much air time is beyond me...or maybe not. Putting those yahoos on camera is just the type of ammunition proponates against liberals need. Seems like the media may be masquerading as a double agent. Push so-called black agendas in the media and seemingly support them thru massive media coverage, then make sure you interview the most illiterate and offensive sources...now watch as the conservatives cry foul.

Good point and one that more should take to heart. All this earth really needs is a good old fashion "alien invasion" to remind us that we are are part of the human race to bring us all together.

Dee

An 'alien invasion' would certainly bring us together. :lol

My take is this, both sides have money to be gained and political power at the expense of the other side. These groups want to use the government to intervene using coercion and the threat of force to trample the rights of another group. In a perfect world where the government restrains itself under the constraints of the Constitution these problems would not exist. However, since we do not have a perfect world and a perfect government, we have to be educated on the root causes for bigotry of the majority against the minority. I phrased that in this way because it's beyond race, but goes to lifestyles etc... All of these groups want the same thing... control over the minority and depriving them of equal rights under the law.

As Christians, we are commanded by Jesus Christ to do three things. One is to love the Lord your God with all that you are. The second is to love your neighbor as you love yourself. The final is to love your neighbor as Christ loves us. This puts Christians in a sticky situation since we are not to condone sin nor condemn (judgment is reserved for God) in that we have to respect and love those that are sinners or different from ourself as Christ loves us.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back