Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Rapture

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Paul said that the "end of the ages" had come in his time.
1Co 10:11 Now all these things happened to them as examples, and they were written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages have come.

The last Day is coming soon.

Revelation 16:12-17 & Revelation 20:7-9 are the same event.

Satan is currently bound and sealed by the angel with the 6th vial, he will be loosed to deceive the nation's to the final battle at the end of the future tribulation.

The Nations that will surround Jerusalem, are those of today.

You asked me a question in your post #296 and I answered it in my post #301.

Yes, there will be mortal people here on earth during what many believe to be a literal1000, (I do not believe in a literal as I have explained that already), years as at this time on the last day all the saints will have been caught up to Christ and kept safe by Him as Satan will be released for a time to gather all these mortal people from every nation to battle against the camp of the saints and the Holy City, but are devoured by the fire God sends down from heaven. Jesus will take His throne as He sits on the throne of David in the New Jerusalem when it's ushered down from heaven.

There will be 3 1/2 years of the ruling of the abomination where the son of perdition being the false prophet taking his seat in Jerusalem and at the end of 3 1/2 years all the events will come quickly like that of a twinkling of an eye when Christ returns to destroy the beast and false prophet casting them into the lake of fire.

I believe everything from Rev 15-20 will happen quickly as Jesus said, Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Micah 4:4 is speaking about the coming Kingdom of God within the New Jerusalem where we will have our rest and find peace.

I have already found my peace, the Lord has brought me into my rest. I am part of New Jerusalem. The question is why haven't you?

Isaiah 30:1
Woe to the rebellious children, saith the Lord,
that take counsel, but not of me;
and that cover with a covering, but not of my spirit,
that they may add sin to sin:

Isaiah 30:15
For thus saith the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel;
In returning and rest shall ye be saved;
in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength:
and ye would not.

Isaiah 30:16
But ye said, No; for we will flee upon horses;
therefore shall ye flee:
and, We will ride upon the swift;
therefore shall they that pursue you be swift.

We start out being a friend of Christ

You should really stop to take time to actually consider the things that you say. Can you really and truthfully say we start out as a friend of Christ? Friends know one another, trust one another, confide in one another. Do you really know Jesus, or do you just know of him. To that there is a big difference. I know of Mike Tyson, the former heavy weight champion of the world. I met him a few months ago sitting in a tiny little restaurant, but thought him to be just some bum sitting on a bench. I did not recognize him until I saw that tattoo on his face. I spoke with him for a couple minutes while I waited for my order, but I would never consider him to be a friend, nor does he even know who I am. But I know of him.

You and others seem to ignore the questions that I ask, or seldom give the courtesy to respond to them. So hopefully you will not ignore this one as well. How can you by the Spirit of God say that we "start out" as being a friend of Christ, when Jesus himself said of those who have prophesied in his name, and done miracles in his name, all theses other things in his name; that he shall say Depart from Me, for I NEVER KNEW YOU?

How can a friend say he never knew you?

As this thread is discussing signs of the coming of the Lord, then shouldn't we be listening for the voice of the friend of the bridegroom? Prepare ye the way of the Lord!

I have asked the question before, but everyone seems to be solely focused on signs in the world that are of the flesh. That which is of the flesh is flesh, and that which is of the spirit is spirit. If you were listening for the voice of the friend of the bridegroom, then what would it sound like? A voice crying in the wilderness... what would you expect to hear?

Anyone?

As this thread is discussing signs of the coming of the Lord, then shouldn't we be listening for the voice of the friend of the bridegroom? Prepare ye the way of the Lord!

I have asked the question before, but everyone seems to be solely focused on signs in the world that are of the flesh. That which is of the flesh is flesh, and that which is of the spirit is spirit. If you were listening for the voice of the friend of the bridegroom, then what would it sound like? A voice crying in the wilderness... what would you expect to hear?

Anyone?
this post and your last post is what has turned me off completely your judgmental and any one who disagrees with you. you tend to deem them not saved or your so much more righteous than the rest .. so i suggest you come down off your high horse . get back down at the foot of the cross with the rest of us... i am really shocked this thread has not been closed..

this post and your last post is what has turned me off completely your judgmental and any one who disagrees with you. you tend to deem them not saved or your so much more righteous than the rest .. so i suggest you come down off your high horse . get back down at the foot of the cross with the rest of us... i am really shocked this thread has not been closed..

If my posts so irritate you, then why do you continue to respond to them? Why just not ignore me and move on? Obviously something gnaws at you, but I have no righteousness to boast of. Only Christ.

get back down at the foot of the cross with the rest of us..

Why would I get back down at the foot of the cross. Jesus isn't there. Jesus won't be returning there. He has risen. If you wish to find him, you should seek him in the city. You don't want to be caught on the outside of the door in that day.

Matthew 7:21-23
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Matthew 25:1-13
Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. And five of them were wise, and five were foolish. They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them: But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept. And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out. But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves. And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut. Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not. Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

I have already found my peace, the Lord has brought me into my rest. I am part of New Jerusalem. The question is why haven't you?

Isaiah 30:1
Woe to the rebellious children, saith the Lord,
that take counsel, but not of me;
and that cover with a covering, but not of my spirit,
that they may add sin to sin:

Isaiah 30:15
For thus saith the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel;
In returning and rest shall ye be saved;
in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength:
and ye would not.

Isaiah 30:16
But ye said, No; for we will flee upon horses;
therefore shall ye flee:
and, We will ride upon the swift;
therefore shall they that pursue you be swift.

You should really stop to take time to actually consider the things that you say. Can you really and truthfully say we start out as a friend of Christ? Friends know one another, trust one another, confide in one another. Do you really know Jesus, or do you just know of him. To that there is a big difference. I know of Mike Tyson, the former heavy weight champion of the world. I met him a few months ago sitting in a tiny little restaurant, but thought him to be just some bum sitting on a bench. I did not recognize him until I saw that tattoo on his face. I spoke with him for a couple minutes while I waited for my order, but I would never consider him to be a friend, nor does he even know who I am. But I know of him.

You and others seem to ignore the questions that I ask, or seldom give the courtesy to respond to them. So hopefully you will not ignore this one as well. How can you by the Spirit of God say that we "start out" as being a friend of Christ, when Jesus himself said of those who have prophesied in his name, and done miracles in his name, all theses other things in his name; that he shall say Depart from Me, for I NEVER KNEW YOU?

How can a friend say he never knew you?

Is the New Jerusalem already here, no, as it's still being prepared up in heaven for us and when Christ returns there will we be with Him for eternity, John 1:1-3. I too have peace of mind knowing my rest is in the Lord and I do not have to struggle to be perfect, but to follow His perfect will for me.

I do consider the things I say so let's not go there, OK. I can call you my friend, but yet do not trust you until I get to know you. Did I know Jesus at first and trust Him, no as I only knew Him by name, as I had to learn who He was first and learn who He was and is in my life as I developed a personal relationship with Him.

John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. 14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. 15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. 16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

I've always been courteous with you and everyone for that matter and have responded to many of your questions not only here, but in many other topics so again, do not even go there with me.

Those of Matthew 25:41-46 were never friends of Christ, but self righteous like the Pharisee's Jesus chastised in Matthew 23:13-36.

Anyone?

Preparing the way of the Lord is all about end time teachings as this is what God's great wrath is all about is giving those a last chance to come back to His grace before the door of salvation is closed forever when Christ returns. Everything detailed in Rev and all the cross references in the OT and NT is God's wake up call. In this discussion we are discussing the time of Christ return by looking for the signs He gave us to watch for.

Preparing the way of the Lord is all about end time teachings as this is what God's great wrath is all about is giving those a last chance to come back to His grace before the door of salvation is closed forever when Christ returns.

I can't begin to tell you how wrong that is. One day you will have to let go the doctrines of men. Why would those who are already under the Grace of God need to come back before its too late? The only ones who need to fear God's great wrath are those who have fallen away from faith and grace to walk again under the rudiments of the law.

What did the voice of one crying in the wilderness cry? Do I need to post the scripture for you? It would be better if you found it yourself.

Last edited:

Anyone?

The Voice of the Bridegroom has spoken about these things.

3 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”

4 And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. 6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for [a]all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

9 “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake. 10 And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. 11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

The Great Tribulation
15 “Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand), 16 “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let him who is on the housetop not go down to take anything out of his house. 18 And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes. 19 But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! 20 And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the [c]elect’s sake those days will be shortened.

23 “Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There!’ do not believe it. 24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand.

26 “Therefore if they say to you, ‘Look, He is in the desert!’ do not go out; or ‘Look, He is in the inner rooms!’ do not believe it. 27 For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 28 For wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together.

29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other. Matthew 24:3-31

Do you believe He will change what He has said?

JLB

The Voice of the Bridegroom has spoken about these things.

I said the voice of the Friend of the Bridegroom. Please try sticking to the actual subject that I asked about, which was the voice of the Friend of the Bridegroom, who was to proceed the bridegroom.

I said the voice of the Friend of the Bridegroom. Please try sticking to the actual subject that I asked about, which was the voice of the Friend of the Bridegroom, who was to proceed the bridegroom.

I quoted what the Voice of the Bridegroom plainly said, as He listed the signs to watch for.

You claimed the signs He told us to watch for are “fleshly”, and we should be listening for the Voice of your “friend of the Bridegroom” that will be speaking to us about some “spiritual” signs we should be looking for.

Please share the signs your “friend of the Bridegroom” says that you are to look for?

Are you communicating with one of His Apostles?

Because that is who the friends of the Bridegroom are?

JLB

Last edited:
A Butterfly finds itself a caterpillar and bound unto the earth until the day of his transformation and his glory revealed. He bideth his time sipping on the morning dew and supping on the tender herb. But a Moth beholdeth his own glory and flieth straight on into the flame. Such are the children of light and the children of darkness; for the children of the light seeketh his coming in the morning dew and latter rain, but the children of darkness watch for his coming in the flame of fire. The children of light seek a fountain of living waters and a tree of life. The children of darkness watch for a lake of fire.

A Butterfly finds itself a caterpillar and bound unto the earth until the day of his transformation and his glory revealed. He bideth his time sipping on the morning dew and supping on the tender herb. But a Moth beholdeth his own glory and flieth straight on into the flame. Such are the children of light and the children of darkness; for the children of the light seeketh his coming in the morning dew and latter rain, but the children of darkness watch for his coming in the flame of fire. The children of light seek a fountain of living waters and a tree of life. The children of darkness watch for a lake of fire.

I thought the children of light watched for the signs He gave us.

42 Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming.
Matthew 24:42

Again

But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief. 5 You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness.
1 Thessalonians 5:4-5

JLB

No, they were never friends of Christ, yet they claimed to be. Why they cast out devils in his name, they did many wonderful works in his name, Why some have even prophesied of God's wrath in his name.

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

These are they of an antichrist spirit that followed Christ at one time as they only had a carnal knowledge of Him and only knew Him as a friend. I bet they were pretty surprised when Christ said depart from me I never knew you.

1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. 19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

I can't begin to tell you how wrong that is. One day you will have to let go the doctrines of men. Why would those who are already under the Grace of God need to come back before its too late? The only ones who need to fear God's great wrath are those who have fallen away from faith and grace to walk again under the rudiments of the law.

What did the voice of one crying in the wilderness cry? Do I need to post the scripture for you? It would be better if you found it yourself.

Sorry, but I do not follow the doctrines of men, but the word of God only. I have my Bible and the Holy Spirit who teaches me and need nothing more than that. I take it you believe in a pretrib Rapture of the Church, but scripture is very clear that Christ returns on the last day after the tribulation for a that time of His coming he will destroy the beast and false prophet by the brightness of His coming as He cast them into the Lake of fire. At this last trump we who are still alive will be caught up together with those who sleep in their graves and then be with the Lord forever in the New Jerusalem that will be ushered down from heaven, John 5:28, 29; 6:40; 1 Corinthians 15:51-58; 1 Thessalonians 2:8; 4:1-18.

You should reread 1 Thessalonians 5:1-10 and Rev 3:10-13 as those who are Spiritually born again that walk in obedience to God's commands are not appointed to God's wrath affecting them during the sounding of the seven trumpets as we are kept from the hour of temptation that will befall the earth that we read of in Rev 13.

Either you believe what all those men have written in their best sellers about a pretrib Rapture, or you believe that of what God has already said as He gave Christ that of what the Prophets and Apostles have already written.

BTW, please get rid of that snarky attitude as it doesn't sit well on you as being a true child of God.

The children of darkness know nothing of a consuming fire, but those who trust in the Lord will not be overtaken in darkness as we will see the brightness of His coming.

Isaiah 50:10 Who is among you that feareth the LORD, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the LORD, and stay upon his God. 11 Behold, all ye that kindle a fire, that compass yourselves about with sparks: walk in the light of your fire, and in the sparks that ye have kindled. This shall ye have of mine hand; ye shall lie down in sorrow.

1 Thessalonians 5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. 2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. 3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. 4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. 5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back