Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Rapture

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
His Spirit dwells in our hearts.

He Himself is seated at the right hand of God and will appear a second time at the end of the age.

JLB

God is a Spirit, and they that worship him must worship him in Spirit and in Truth. If His Spirit dwells within my heart, then why do I need to look for the coming of another Spirit? Do you worship for God the image of a man that you should await his return?

So you don’t understand the difference between your physical heart that pumps blood and your heart that is the seat of intellect of your spirit?

JLB

Oh, I perfectly understand the difference, it just that you seem to take this other "heart" the the Spirit of Christ dwells within in the believer and place it somewhere outside of the believers very being. As the heart that pumps my blood is within the body of my flesh, so too is the heart of my soul and the seat of the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 4:6
For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 4:7
But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Now you just go right on watching for the coming of the Glory of Lord.

I never said the Apostles were a voice crying in the wilderness.

And I never said that any of the Apostles were called the friend of the bridegroom. Maybe you should stop trying to force this on the Apostles and trying to direct the conversation in a way that you want it to go. You can't follow when you are trying to lead, and right now you seem confused and lost, not even knowing the voice crying in the wilderness.

God is a Spirit, and they that worship him must worship him in Spirit and in Truth. If His Spirit dwells within my heart, then why do I need to look for the coming of another Spirit?

I didn't say we are to look for another Spirit.

Those are your words.

You can't see a Spirit.

Every eye will see Jesus when He returns.

JLB

Now you just go right on watching for the coming of the Glory of Lord.

You can bet I will be watching the signs, Jesus gave the Church, that indicate His coming is at hand.

JLB

And I never said that any of the Apostles were called the friend of the bridegroom. Maybe you should stop trying to force this on the Apostles and trying to direct the conversation in a way that you want it to go. You can't follow when you are trying to lead, and right now you seem confused and lost, not even knowing the voice crying in the wilderness.

Here is what you said -

I have asked the question before, but everyone seems to be solely focused on signs in the world that are of the flesh. That which is of the flesh is flesh, and that which is of the spirit is spirit. If you were listening for the voice of the friend of the bridegroom, then what would it sound like? A voice crying in the wilderness... what would you expect to hear?

Anyone?

ezrider said -

If you were listening for the voice of the friend of the bridegroom, then what would it sound like?

I don't listen for the voice of the friend of the Bridegroom, because that would mean I'm listening for the voice of one of the Apostles who have died.

Tell us what this voice of the friend of the Bridegroom says to you?

JLB

My answer to you -

I don’t listen for the voice of the friend of the Bridegroom.

Can you name one sign that we are watch for that will indicate His coming will be very soon?

What sign does the voice of the friend of the Bridegroom say will be a sign of His coming soon?

If you don't listen for the voice of the friend of the bridegroom, then why do you ask for a sign from the friend of the bridegroom? Did you not hear the bridegroom? For a wicked and evil generation seeks after a sign? Why do you seek after a sign, for there shall no sign be given except....

Some listen for the voice of the friend of bridegroom, some follow the voice of the bridegroom himself. Others, they only watch for the coming of a King and Conqueror.

God is a Spirit, and they that worship him must worship him in Spirit and in Truth. If His Spirit dwells within my heart, then why do I need to look for the coming of another Spirit? Do you worship for God the image of a man that you should await his return?
Yes Jesus Christ Will return, and will give rewards at his appearing.

2 Timothy 4:8KJV
Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

If you don't listen for the voice of the friend of the bridegroom, then why do you ask for a sign from the friend of the bridegroom? Did you not hear the bridegroom? For a wicked and evil generation seeks after a sign? Why do you seek after a sign, for there shall no sign be given except....

Some listen for the voice of the friend of bridegroom, some follow the voice of the bridegroom himself. Others, they only watch for the coming of a King and Conqueror.
The Lord instructs the believer to "Watch" and be ready for his return.

1 Thessalonians 5:1-6KJV
1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

1 Peter 4:7KJV
But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.

Revelation 16:15KJV
Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

Last edited:
If you don't listen for the voice of the friend of the bridegroom, then why do you ask for a sign from the friend of the bridegroom?

I didn’t ask for a sign from the friend of the Bridegroom.

You seem to add a word or two every time you reply.

JLB

For a wicked and evil generation seeks after a sign? Why do you seek after a sign, for there shall no sign be given except....

LOL.

Can you point out where I asked you for a sign from the friend of the Bridegroom, the spirit who seems to give you spiritual signs, instead of the fleshly signs that Jesus gave us from the scriptures.

JLB

here is what is sad FOR 20 PAGES there has been discussion :rolleyes/ debate on scripture some have hit left field have no clue to home plate,,,, were missing the point he is returning for those who love his appearing for those who are ready and those who are watching .. so in the Long run Christ will return when our heavenly father says its time . when the fire comes the million dollar mansions ..the Mercedes the big bank accounts will burn the same as the average house the fords the Chevy all will be ashes i am like Kenny hinson call me what ya want but call me gone

here is what is sad FOR 20 PAGES there has been discussion :rolleyes/ debate on scripture some have hit left field have no clue to home plate,,,, were missing the point he is returning for those who love his appearing for those who are ready and those who are watching .. so in the Long run Christ will return when our heavenly father says its time . when the fire comes the million dollar mansions ..the Mercedes the big bank accounts will burn the same as the average house the fords the Chevy all will be ashes i am like Kenny hinson call me what ya want but call me gone

Thanks for the update.

Could you list some of the things that we are to be watching for? :shrug

JLB

Thanks for the update.

Could you list some of the things that we are to be watching for? :shrug

JLB
when you come out of left field then i will try to explain . in the mean time you and EZ can play catch. who knows maybe you will reach a agreement ..note maybe....the fact really saddens me the remark of what to watch for

Actually, the children of darkness and the children of disobedience try to warn others of God's consuming fire and great wrath.

Why would the children of darkness warn others and not take heed of what they are warning others and come to Christ? This makes no sense at all :shrug

when you come out of left field then i will try to explain . in the mean time you and EZ can play catch. who knows maybe you will reach a agreement ..note maybe....the fact really saddens me the remark of what to watch for

I'm sorry that my question about what we are to be watching for, saddens you.

I had hoped you knew, and would share this information with us.

So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near—at the doors! Matthew 24:33

JLB

I'm sorry that my question about what we are to be watching for, saddens you.

I had hoped you knew, and would share this information with us.

So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near—at the doors! Matthew 24:33

JLB
i am sorry also i just realized its like a well to deep and over your head ..it amazes me how you know so much but know so little

I believe in no such rapture of the Church whatsoever, at least the carnal version being shopped around about flying off in the clouds. I'm already surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses.

I cut it off at John 5:28-29 because this does not happen at the 7th trump. It happens at midnight when a cry is heard. Matt 25:6

The wise virgins awake to the resurrection to life (John 5:28, Dan 12:2) and follow on to know the Lord (Hosea 6:3). The foolish virgins awake to the resurrection of damnation (John 5:29, Dan 12:2) and then run to and seeking after the knowledge of the Lord, but they shall not find it (Amos 8:11-13). They shall run to and fro, and their knowledge of wickedness their knowledge of the law shall increase (Dan 12:4). Beware, for the Lord did declare that He would send them a strong delusion (2 Thes 2:11).

Deuteronomy 30:11-14
For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off. It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.

Romans 10:5-8
For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them. But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:) Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.) But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

I would have thought you would know the simplicity of the parable of the ten virgins. Five already prepared themselves to be the Bride of Christ and will be caught up to Him when He returns as their names are written in the Lamb's Book of life as written in 1 Corinthians 15:51-57; 21 Thessalonians 4:13-18; Rev 3:5 and especially John 6:40 when Christ returns on the last day. The other five virgins were not prepared and their names not found written in the Lamb's Book of life.

Back