Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Religion without science

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Classik

I have nearly 100 per cent support for science - and I love doing sciences and related stuff. however I am against that which contradicts the Word of God.

would Christianity be more effective without science? imagine a world without science. would there be more converts?

The problem is not science; science in its true form is the study of God's wonderful world. The problem is with those who state theories as facts, and arrogantly hold to them. True science will never conflict with Christianity.

Much of true science actually supports and provides evidence for what God has done in this world. As GrannyJ mentioned, it is those that pervert their findings and come up with their own "truths" that give science a bad name among Christians.

Much of true science actually supports and provides evidence for what God has done in this world. As GrannyJ mentioned, it is those that pervert their findings and come up with their own "truths" that give science a bad name among Christians.

The problem is not science; science in its true form is the study of God's wonderful world. The problem is with those who state theories as facts, and arrogantly hold to them. True science will never conflict with Christianity.
Do you have a few examples you could share?

eddif

eddif
genesis one, in the beginning god created the heavens and the earth. while science hasn't much to say on the origin prior to the big bang, a naturalist will often speculate and sell books on that.

eddif
I think what i really meant is this: Science is a study of the Creation. Christianity is a relationship with the Creator. They are not the same thing, and I can't see that they can be in conflict. All science can do is give us more information about our wonderful world. It can only observe and measure. It cannot measure God. So when scientists speculate on the existence or nature of God, they are going outside the realms of science. God can only be "observed" by those who seek him through faith. That's my opinion anyway.

imagine a world without science.

k8753661.jpg

I think what i really meant is this: Science is a study of the Creation. Christianity is a relationship with the Creator. They are not the same thing, and I can't see that they can be in conflict. All science can do is give us more information about our wonderful world. It can only observe and measure. It cannot measure God. So when scientists speculate on the existence or nature of God, they are going outside the realms of science. God can only be "observed" by those who seek him through faith. That's my opinion anyway.
Ok. I was listening with my personal understanding, but the question was to double check what I thought you said.

I am going to lean back in the metaphysical lounge chair and talk. To do this I will leave this post an you can listen from a distance.

Thanks for the info
eddif

IMHO:
God created the physical world.
God created the information about the spiritual world

If the Bible ( the spiritual book)
And
Science books (books about his creation)
Are all laid on the same table

Then
There should be parallels between all information, because there was one original author.

Pollution warps the natural biological world
Sin warps the spiritual world
But
Hidden in the way creation was done; are all sorts of hidden hints (so that we might know the author of all things).

Science recognizes pollution so that we might see how sin works. Pollution interferes with genetics (fish in a polluted stream can have fin abnormalities etc.).

Our body has kidneys to remove toxins / waste products. Jesus deals with sin for us. An interesting science is that the beating Jesus took pierced his reins (kidneys). There is a hint from the Bible getting us to look at science.

The bible actually directs us to science so that we can know God.
Romans 1:18-19

Ask questions? I do not know it all.

eddif

I pretty much agree with this, however, The only time that there is conflict between Christianity and Science, is when deception is introduced, or an ignorant conclusion is reached. While it is true that man cannot fully measure God, where the tape measure runs out, the inescapable direction that it is pointing towards, points towards God. It is at this point that a (faithless) ignorant conclusion is reached for, or an outright deception is introduced.

imagine a world without science.
Exactly. No internet, no health care, no education, a rough winter can kill your entire family and you are too superstitious to actually search for truth. Also, you probably wouldn't be able to read ... but at least you'll have many nice evenings around a camp fire with some real men.

Naw, thanks.

Exactly. No internet, no health care, no education, a rough winter can kill your entire family and you are too superstitious to actually search for truth. Also, you probably wouldn't be able to read ... but at least you'll have many nice evenings around a camp fire with some real men.

Naw, thanks.
ok, so yeah about that. there wasn't much of a science in the days of genesis and when the torah, yet moses read and the bible was put together. the first colleges in America weren't for science, but to teach the bible and used it to teach men to read.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Harvard

ok, so yeah about that. there wasn't much of a science in the days of genesis and when the torah, yet moses read and the bible was put together. the first colleges in America weren't for science, but to teach the bible and used it to teach men to read.

Most people throughout history were illiterate. Although reading and writing existed before science did it was the accomplishments we owe to science that made it necessary and possible for everyone to enjoy the luxury of an education. It requires a minimum standard of living to have time and capacity for an education and science brought that standard to nearly everyone. At least in the first world.

Most people throughout history were illiterate. Although reading and writing existed before science did it was the accomplishments we owe to science that made it necessary and possible for everyone to enjoy the luxury of an education. It requires a minimum standard of living to have time and capacity for an education and science brought that standard to nearly everyone. At least in the first world.
Science goes way back to the beginning.

Genesis 2:9

2:9 tree of life. The “tree of life” was an actual tree, with real fruit (note Genesis 3:22; Revelation 22:2) whose properties would have enabled even mortal men to live indefinitely. Though modern scientists may have difficulty in determining the nature of such a remarkable food, they also have been unable so far even to determine the basic physiological cause of aging and death. Thus it is impossible to say scientifically that no chemical substance could exist which might stabilize all metabolic processes and thereby prevent aging.

Science goes way back to the beginning.

Genesis 2:9

2:9 tree of life. The “tree of life” was an actual tree, with real fruit (note Genesis 3:22; Revelation 22:2) whose properties would have enabled even mortal men to live indefinitely. Though modern scientists may have difficulty in determining the nature of such a remarkable food, they also have been unable so far even to determine the basic physiological cause of aging and death. Thus it is impossible to say scientifically that no chemical substance could exist which might stabilize all metabolic processes and thereby prevent aging.
Where is the science in that?

we owe it to science? was it man with faith. the scientific method wasn't invented by chance. that is what I meant. a man francis bacon had faith and believed that god created the universe with order. Im also not impressed with the public school system. if it was all that. then we wouldn't have the massive rise of anti-semeticism.we have merely swapped faith in god for another in the schools aka scienticism.

There ya' go. What a great idea. Teach our kids to read from the bible. I wish I would have done that, doh. Even with King Jimmy's version. Then they would like the version and language because they'd be used to it.

(I started on a KJV when I was ~ 13-14 and so actually like the language used within.)

I have nearly 100 per cent support for science - and I love doing sciences and related stuff. however I am against that which contradicts the Word of God.

would Christianity be more effective without science? imagine a world without science. would there be more converts?
science and all the other scholarly pursuits (i.e. 'the wisdom of man") has reared an evil head and deceived the whole world , including in the usa (including as in rockefeller and capote and so on , yeah, carnegie) ....

admittedly, a few scientists have studied and published and revealed the truth (though they get lost/buried/black-listed) --- the truth is not acceptable to the world government / powers that control the media.

consider this - in africa, over a hundred miles from any hospital, more people are healed(and yes, raised from being dead 3 days or longer, and shorter times too) by prayer or command in the Name of Yeshua than anywhere 'civilized' where almost everyone is cowed into giving into medico powers that be, 'officially'....

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back