Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Revelation 8:10-11

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Kathi

All of you who believe there will be a tribulation what do you think Wormwood is in this passage?
Revelation 8:10-11 Then the third angel sounded: And a great star fell from heaven, burning like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water. 11 The name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters became wormwood, and many men died from the water, because it was made bitter.

I'm sure what I think is fairly different from the common views, but I often wonder if the star that fell was Adam and because of his sin the 'water of truth' has been twisted and turned bitter so then when we think we are 'drinking' living waters we are not.....we are believing the 'lie' the same way they did...

Digging

Dear Sister Kathi, I'll just give an excerpt from a study of Revelation I transcribed from CD's my friend Gene Hawkins taught, and Sister digging is on the right track as to the bittering of the Living Water.

Revelation 8:10. "And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters." Well this one is of easy interpretation and this is somewhat where we're going to see the time line as we get on into this book of Revelation because this great star is Satan himself, and when he falls that really signals a great deal of devastation that is going to come upon this world. We see the same star identified in Revelation 8:11 and 9:1, and you'll notice here that it was burning as it were a lamp and the way to interpret that is 2 Corinthians 11:14 because Satan has transferred himself into an angel of light and this is so interesting when we see the symbolism of it.

This great star fell upon a third part of the rivers and upon the fountains of waters, and I believe this is altogether symbolic because these rivers and these fountains speak of religious systems which should have been carrying the living water that Jesus spoke of in John 4:10. "Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water." And then John 4:14, "But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life". That's what Jesus told the woman at the well, and that's what these religious waters are supposed to have been. They should have been real channels of blessings but what has happened? Notice what it said here. This star fell down and anywhere Satan goes he is defiling. He has transformed himself into an angel of light and just what does it mean? It means that he has spoken that same deception. In John 8:44 Jesus said of the devil, "He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Satan has spread those same lies into the religious systems even in our day. Can you imagine what it's going to be when Satan is cast out of heaven and he's certainly not going to be reformed on the way down I'll tell you that. He's going to have such an influence on these rivers and on these waters, and so this angel of light will defile even more then than he is doing now. Now this deception we're talking about is going to continue to the ultimate deception, and that will be the ultimate deception of the antichrist. Rather than running after Christ men will be deceived into running after the antichrist, and the master of deception before him is going to be the false prophet. So this deception sets in big time whenever this great star falls from heaven here burning as this lamp and he literally defiles a third part of the rivers and upon the fountains of the waters. This is a fulfillment of what we see there in 2 Thessalonians 2:11. "And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion." Now that principle is also true now, but this is speaking of this end time because they believe not the truth. When God throws Satan right into their midst, talk about sending them strong delusion; the delusioner himself becomes so defiling and deceptive and they indeed believe the lie.

Revelation 8:11. "And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter." The name of the star is called "Wormwood" and the word simply means bitterness and Satan is the source of all bitterness. Notice further; the third part of the waters became wormwood and many men died of the waters because they were made bitter. We have said it again and again; bitterness will kill you and that's all there is to it. Christians can be bitter to the point that they are absolutely completely devoid of spiritual truth. It won't take your life but it will take any kind of increase in growth and maturity they could have. Well at this time many are going to die literally and spiritually because of these bitter waters.

Wormwood is only mentioned in Revelation in the NT although it appears in the OT eight times.Wormwood is a well-known bitter herb in Bible times.The effect of wormwood will not only be a bitter effect on the water but it will poison it as well.That will be a tragedy for 1/3 of the world population to not have drinking water.This is only one of the natural disasters in the seven trumpets.

Wormwood is only mentioned in Revelation in the NT although it appears in the OT eight times.Wormwood is a well-known bitter herb in Bible times.The effect of wormwood will not only be a bitter effect on the water but it will poison it as well.That will be a tragedy for 1/3 of the world population to not have drinking water.This is only one of the natural disasters in the seven trumpets.
if it was a literal star, more then 1/3 would die. think about this if the moon collided with the earth. what life would be left? NONE.

if it was a literal star, more then 1/3 would die. think about this if the moon collided with the earth. what life would be left? NONE.
I don't know about 1/3 of the population dieing but alot would.Think of the tragedy of so little drinking water.If a huge meteor collided with the Earth it would be a huge disaster and I can see that happening during the trib.

I don't know about 1/3 of the population dieing but alot would.Think of the tragedy of so little drinking water.If a huge meteor collided with the Earth it would be a huge disaster and I can see that happening during the trib.
again, if its that large more then 1/3 would die. remember st.helens? it cooled the earth for year by 2 degrees when it erupted. day turned into night in Yakima,spokane and most? of that state and parts of Oregon. if a meteor were to hit and do that level of death. it would be the whole earth and far more would die. animals, and the saints would die in that. the 1/3 doesn't negate saints. you imply it but logically a saint or believer will everywhere in some town. if a meteor were to hit the nuke plants to the south of me, think of the food and fires and poisoning from radioactive ash. I live within 14 miles from the nuke plants.

I've wondered if there is another way to understand 1/3....is it possible that the 1/3 is a reference to the people alive in the stream of time?
Past=1/3, present=1/3 future=1/3?

Digging

I've wondered if there is another way to understand 1/3....is it possible that the 1/3 is a reference to the people alive in the stream of time?

Digging
I guess you can read it like it is written or give it your own meaning :shrug

640px-Artemisia_absinthium_P1210748.jpg

Wormwood is a beautiful plant, but if you eat too much of it, it can cause epileptic like convulsions and kidney failure. You're not very likely to eat too much of it though. They had some potted wormwood at the horticultural college I went to, and I tried some. That stuff is NASTY! It is mainly used as a decorative plant and for making absinthe. To get to the point, wormwood is native to certain parts of Europe, Asia and northern Africa. There's one place in the Ukrain where it's so common, that there is actually a city named after it. The Ukrainian name for wormwood is "chernobyl". Some people think that might be significant.

The TOG​

640px-Artemisia_absinthium_P1210748.jpg

Wormwood is a beautiful plant, but if you eat too much of it, it can cause epileptic like convulsions and kidney failure. You're not very likely to eat too much of it though. They had some potted wormwood at the horticultural college I went to, and I tried some. That stuff is NASTY! It is mainly used as a decorative plant and for making absinthe. To get to the point, wormwood is native to certain parts of Europe, Asia and northern Africa. There's one place in the Ukrain where it's so common, that there is actually a city named after it. The Ukrainian name for wormwood is "chernobyl". Some people think that might be significant.

The TOG​
cherynobl is in the Ukraine.

Since Wormwood is an actual plant it will be interesting how it actually will be used in the tribulation.

I guess you can read it like it is written or give it your own meaning :shrug
Revelation 22:18-19
A Warning
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Revelation 22:18-19
A Warning
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
so how can Eugene. a pretribber, and yourself both claim the right to have the proper interpration of that verse?

cherynobl is in the Ukraine.

It's also the location of a nuclear power plant, or at least, it was until it blew up. It may not have killed a third of all life on earth, but it did cause quite a bit of destruction.

The TOG​

Digging

There are three types of people in the 'world', and one type are consumed by bitterness.:twocents

It's also the location of a nuclear power plant, or at least, it was until it blew up. It may not have killed a third of all life on earth, but it did cause quite a bit of destruction.

The TOG​
meltdown, not blown up. one reactor melted down and the the wall of the containment housing was opened up and radiation leaked. the deaths from that weren't on the scale we are discussing.

Hello Kathi,
I've heard some talk about a meteor that the US and Russia have agreed to involve themselves in destroying with atomic warheads and t he time-line is, as I recall, about 2030. This monster seems to me good for two prophesies, at least. The scriptures tell of a ail of stones about a Talent in weight, about 125 US pounds and not a monster meteor, seems to fit.

Then with these tens of thousands of rock falling to earth, some will land (¿only on one side?) of the Earth, possibly ruining 1/3 of the waters? I do not teach this but do meditate on it from time to time but God ain't talkin' about it. So it is that it just falls into the realm of an old man's dreams. ;-)

Back