Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Route pics

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Palm trees :sohappy

Both pictures are lovely!

The sun breaking through the trees to show a bit on the front of the house in the first photo, and the varying shades of the trees according to sunshine or shade....excellent!

The picket fence is charming, and complements the house in the second picture beautifully!
They are near each other.you don't remember the white picket house?

I photographed it from the house with the palms months ago.oh the turbine.I can get close to it.

across from the St. Anastasia lies this church and by my photos of it and posting on fb page I have found one of pastor Adrian roger's churchs where he pastored.his first is in fellsemere and then second was in ft.pierce. not too far south of this one. probably about two miles as the birds fly.

across from the St. Anastasia lies this church and by my photos of it and posting on fb page I have found one of pastor Adrian roger's churchs where he pastored.his first is in fellsemere and then second was in ft.pierce. not too far south of this one. probably about two miles as the birds fly.

All the picture needed was some 50's era cars parked in front to make the photo look like it was taken in Mayberry.

Great photo, by the way!

This new picture is from a different angle.
yes right in front of it verses from the south west. you might know the owners or have heard of them. famous mayor and state house member. oh the bill picture. I got to post a few historical pics . I found out there's winter beach historical society, I know about the county one and the Gifford one.

All the picture needed was some 50's era cars parked in front to make the photo look like it was taken in Mayberry.

Great photo, by the way!
photo editing. I made the mistake of not using the proper aperture setting. sadly this town once was much like vero. I see a lot of old vero style homes(boom time stucco, and bungalows and a lot of others). night life was out early.

photo editing. I made the mistake of not using the proper aperture setting. sadly this town once was much like vero. I see a lot of old vero style homes(boom time stucco, and bungalows and a lot of others). night life was out early.

You did a fine job with the editing, then. It's a lovely photo!

(It's been a busy evening for me)

I can look at palm trees all day long if I could!

Second picture, again with the use of black & white, looks like it could have been taken a few decades past. "Hand Car Wash" ??? You have hand cars in your area???
this is a building I have photographed and posted before but while I was shooting the diesel plant I planned to crop this into the old gas station /restaurant/garage with a vintage pump.View attachment 11150

I spotted a few more things of the time. I will be able to photo the other pump but not the old style beverage machine with the gulf name on it. I grew up getting sodas out of those for 35 cents. layed on the side and dropped out of the bottom. the other old gas station on the Gifford driving route has that in it as a storage unit with vintage cars of the time, 50's,40s' and 60s

The signs are restored...body hasn't been. But that's fine...perhaps that is on the list of things yet to do.........
the sign was ripped off during a bad thunderstorm.it was never going to be restored as it sits in front the old 50s style diner. I have plans to photo one to the south. the higgs drive inn

I spotted a few more things of the time. I will be able to photo the other pump but not the old style beverage machine with the gulf name on it. I grew up getting sodas out of those for 35 cents. layed on the side and dropped out of the bottom. the other old gas station on the Gifford driving route has that in it as a storage unit with vintage cars of the time, 50's,40s' and 60s

I can remember getting a bottle of soda for a dime from the gas station machines. Of course, that's when you could return the empty bottle & get a nickel back for the bottle. There was recycling even way back then...only we didn't call it recycling.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back