Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Route pics

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Why did she hate the bridge over the Savannah River?
fear of heights, there is no barrier like the barber bridge for pedestrians. I wouldn't want to walk this bridge. its not friendly to it. besides that is a steep grade. its about 300 ft high

fear of heights, there is no barrier like the barber bridge for pedestrians. I wouldn't want to walk this bridge. its not friendly to it. besides that is a steep grade. its about 300 ft high

Bridges like that weren't really built for pedestrian traffic.

Bridges like that weren't really built for pedestrian traffic.
This was built in the 90s.the barber bridge was open in 95.oh an enigma I found an old photo of the pocahontas building. It was before the completed second story.I'm not sure what there if that isn't the case.I know the theatre age and the seminole building. By knowing the streets the location must be the pocahontas building

This was built in the 90s.the barber bridge was open in 95.oh an enigma I found an old photo of the pocahontas building. It was before the completed second story.I'm not sure what there if that isn't the case.I know the theatre age and the seminole building. By knowing the streets the location must be the pocahontas building

Were they in the process of constructing the Pocahontas building....or was the second story added at a later time?

Were they in the process of constructing the Pocahontas building....or was the second story added at a later time?
Second story added in 1926.the building had a second story but those awnings make it look like it wasn't the pocahontas apartments.the the arches aren't visible.perhaps they were in the process.I will go to the place with the photo and post.

Second story added in 1926.the building had a second story but those awnings make it look like it wasn't the pocahontas apartments.the the arches aren't visible.perhaps they were in the process.I will go to the place with the photo and post.

It'll be interesting to know the process of the building over time.

3024519e7691f97d81a1eee0a8b32c467956b8f2.jpg
d14485e2b7e1cc40f40acf11b79c3486ecaa9ad2.jpg

I love that art deco hotel. it was too good to convert to black and white. the coal plant there is older, bigger then big blue and makes that plant look so small. I wish I got a better panorama. three frames just to get this. I could fit big blue in one shot ,two if I was across the street. I usually took those far enough where I didn't.

that power plant will be a hotel. since big blue and likely the entire electric grid will go. why not make big blue a hotel/condo? I prefer a marina since that would make more sense.

The Art Deco movement definitely provided an amazing amount of great architecture!
oddity in that 22 ward area of OLD Savannah, there is also a old HOJO motel and restaurant near that. its a dorm for scad, Savannah college of art and design, the old restaurant is ticket area of all manner of tours, one of 4 all within walking distance and its a trolley stop. I took this while parked across from the sign, and also the power plant I was half way out in the savannah river when I took that. it is that big!

oddity in that 22 ward area of OLD Savannah, there is also a old HOJO motel and restaurant near that. its a dorm for scad, Savannah college of art and design, the old restaurant is ticket area of all manner of tours, one of 4 all within walking distance and its a trolley stop. I took this while parked across from the sign, and also the power plant I was half way out in the savannah river when I took that. it is that big!

I remember all the HOJO's that used to be common around the country. It was sad when they went out of style.

d7b93d6291b2ddfe617129e5e8a35081e4e8635f.jpg
e01fececa4068975cc3ae33428f893ff52ab5e5b.JPG

Mike S yes this the first Methodist church in America. I thought of you when I learned of this and why I had to get Wesley in. He taught sunday school at that square and If I recall right he was dead when they built the church.

Back