Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Russia and Israel, now what?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I have a question for futurists. Since it was commonly believed that the Russian “bear” would march down and attack Israel bringing on Armageddon, do you still think that in light of Russia being unable to attack even little Kiev?

It’s obvious to all that Russia has the second best army in the Ukraine but otherwise not even a threat except in lobbing bombs on its neighbors. No way is it even going to take on Israel, a nuclear nation with maybe the best army in the world (certainly up there.)

So what nation do you see today as marching down to Israel to surround it so the world can end and Jesus come and take over? (I hope I didn’t offend in my choice of words. I tried to be neutral and I am sincerely asking.)

Rev 16:12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
Rev 16:13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
Rev 16:14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
Rev 16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
Rev 16:16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

Armageddon, Harmageddon, Mageddon known in a few ways of different spellings, but being a city called Megiddo found in the Jezreel Valley between Nazareth and Jerusalem being a place of troops, or an assembly of troops, or a gathering of troops; or a mountain assembly of troops, or a mountain rendezvous of troops, or a mountain gathering of troops.

Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
Rev 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
Rev 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Have you ever considered the war of Gog and Magog is the same as the battle of Armageddon as we study Ezekiel 38:1-6 which actually names all who will come against Israel in the end of days being Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, Persia, Ethiopia, Libya, Gomer and all his bands; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands. In this battle, this Gog-Magog War, this Armageddon battle, is a different type of battle from any other ones found in scripture including the king of the north and south in Daniel 11. Within this battle the first six trumpets of God's wrath will be poured out into the world, Ezekiel 38:17-19, as we read in Rev 8:6 being the first trumpet sounding that takes us to the seventh trumpet of God's great wrath in Rev 11:15-19 and the timing of the son of perdition during the time of the seventh trumpet that promises peace and safety if all will take the mark of this beast, 2Thessalonians 4:1-12; Rev 13.

Ezekiel 38-39 calls this the battle of Gog and Magog and Rev 16:12-16 the place called Armageddon. This all happens before the return of Christ, before Satan is bound for a time, or before that of the Millennium.

The terms “king of the north” and “king of the south” were used in Daniel 11:5-35 to describe the rulers to the north and south of Palestine. The two major powers that existed to the south and north of Jerusalem after the death of Alexander the Great were Egypt to the south (with its kings referred to as Ptolemy) and Syria to the north (with its kings referred to as Seleucus or Antiochus).

The prophecy in Daniel 11:5-31 then documents the historical interactions between the king of the South and the king of the North.

Next, this prophecy seems to include the story of the Maccabees, a Jewish family that led the resistance against Antiochus and his successors because of their efforts to force the Jewish people to accept pagan Greek practices (verses 32-39).

The reference to “the time of the end” in verse 35 is thought by some to be a reference to the time just before Christ returns. We should also understand that it might simply be a reference to the close of the Maccabean time of testing. Or it may also be that this passage is dual referring to the time of the Maccabees and beyond.

Verses 35-39 seem to describe some actions by Antiochus during the time of the Maccabees, and they also serve as a forerunner of actions that will be taken by the beast power that will exist just before Jesus Christ’s return to earth. These powers are that of Satan who has worked within all four Empires being that of the Babylonian Empire, Medo/Persian Empire, Grecian Empire and Roman Empire.

Rev 16:12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
Rev 16:13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
Rev 16:14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
Rev 16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
Rev 16:16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

Armageddon, Harmageddon, Mageddon known in a few ways of different spellings, but being a city called Megiddo found in the Jezreel Valley between Nazareth and Jerusalem being a place of troops, or an assembly of troops, or a gathering of troops; or a mountain assembly of troops, or a mountain rendezvous of troops, or a mountain gathering of troops.

Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
Rev 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
Rev 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Have you ever considered the war of Gog and Magog is the same as the battle of Armageddon as we study Ezekiel 38:1-6 which actually names all who will come against Israel in the end of days being Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, Persia, Ethiopia, Libya, Gomer and all his bands; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands. In this battle, this Gog-Magog War, this Armageddon battle, is a different type of battle from any other ones found in scripture including the king of the north and south in Daniel 11. Within this battle the first six trumpets of God's wrath will be poured out into the world, Ezekiel 38:17-19, as we read in Rev 8:6 being the first trumpet sounding that takes us to the seventh trumpet of God's great wrath in Rev 11:15-19 and the timing of the son of perdition during the time of the seventh trumpet that promises peace and safety if all will take the mark of this beast, 2Thessalonians 4:1-12; Rev 13.

Ezekiel 38-39 calls this the battle of Gog and Magog and Rev 16:12-16 the place called Armageddon. This all happens before the return of Christ, before Satan is bound for a time, or before that of the Millennium.

The terms “king of the north” and “king of the south” were used in Daniel 11:5-35 to describe the rulers to the north and south of Palestine. The two major powers that existed to the south and north of Jerusalem after the death of Alexander the Great were Egypt to the south (with its kings referred to as Ptolemy) and Syria to the north (with its kings referred to as Seleucus or Antiochus).

The prophecy in Daniel 11:5-31 then documents the historical interactions between the king of the South and the king of the North.

Next, this prophecy seems to include the story of the Maccabees, a Jewish family that led the resistance against Antiochus and his successors because of their efforts to force the Jewish people to accept pagan Greek practices (verses 32-39).

The reference to “the time of the end” in verse 35 is thought by some to be a reference to the time just before Christ returns. We should also understand that it might simply be a reference to the close of the Maccabean time of testing. Or it may also be that this passage is dual referring to the time of the Maccabees and beyond.

Verses 35-39 seem to describe some actions by Antiochus during the time of the Maccabees, and they also serve as a forerunner of actions that will be taken by the beast power that will exist just before Jesus Christ’s return to earth. These powers are that of Satan who has worked within all four Empires being that of the Babylonian Empire, Medo/Persian Empire, Grecian Empire and Roman Empire.
None of this answers my question. Maybe you never thought Russia would invade Israel but I had heard that decades ago and thought it was still the popular explanation. Russia was the "bear" that would surround Jerusalem. I was wondering what those folk think today of that explanation.

China’s Growing Role in the Middle East​

May 11, 2022,

Russia's recently minted, & mutually pledged alliance with the communist chinese, who happen to possess the world's largest freestanding army, along with China's increasing involvement with Israel's regional terrorist neighbors such as Iran, would all factor into an all out attack in my opinion .

United front: Understanding China and Russia’s deepening alliance​

China’s Growing Role in the Middle East​

May 11, 2022,

Russia's recently minted, & mutually pledged alliance with the communist chinese, who happen to possess the world's largest freestanding army, along with China's increasing involvement with Israel's regional terrorist neighbors such as Iran, would all factor into an all out attack in my opinion .

United front: Understanding China and Russia’s deepening alliance​

I heard the Chinese are not on Russia’s side and sternly warned them against nukes.

Now the Chinese might have the largest army but not a single one of them has ever fought a war. They lack experience so I think fear of China is over-rated. A large army doesn’t always make a difference. The Russians vastly outnumbered the Finish and didn’t take the place. They vastly outnumber the Ukrainians and they aren’t taking that either.

What is more, if the west stops buying Chinese goods, they have a major problem. Third, China has no interest in Israel and has never figured in Biblical prophesy. They are a long march from the border.

China would just assume take Russia out. the only thing Russia has going for it is Nukes . if ukraine had the military equipment not to sure they would put a hole in russia
You think both China and Russia will decline to participate at Megiddo ?
What countries do you think will be there ?

China and Russia won't be alone by any means, all nations that hate Israel will eagerly want to join in the battle.
Quite a laundry list of haters.
Russia cannot even take Kiev, marching distance away. China has no interest in that nuclear nation. Ever look at the geography? How are they doing to get there? I think if you asked a military man about this, they would laugh. Wars are still fought with soldiers who need transportation through waters and nations directly opposed to them getting there. But I see that those who hold this eschatology do not want to think about it very far. Nations have to hate Israel whether they do or not. Israel is defenseless whether it is or not. OK, no answers available and no change in eschatology will be entertained.

I appreciate your answer. If the Chinese army started marching millions strong, the whole world will know. The Russians can hardly supply their troops along a road in territory they control. A road designed for ease of trade will not enable the Chinese army to march millions strong undetected. So while it shows you THOUGHT about my question for which I’m impressed and grateful, I can’t see it in a world of satellites. The whole world knew the Russians were assembling in their own border.

Russia cannot even take Kiev, marching distance away. China has no interest in that nuclear nation. Ever look at the geography? How are they doing to get there? I think if you asked a military man about this, they would laugh. Wars are still fought with soldiers who need transportation through waters and nations directly opposed to them getting there. But I see that those who hold this eschatology do not want to think about it very far. Nations have to hate Israel whether they do or not. Israel is defenseless whether it is or not. OK, no answers available and no change in eschatology will be entertained.
You don't believe there will be final great battle to end all battles on this earth on the plain of Megiddo ?

You don't believe there will be final great battle to end all battles on this earth on the plain of Megiddo ?
No, I believe it will be like in the days of Noah when life was proceeding normally with no signs of a major coming change or for us, no signs of His coming. The Mosaic Covenant Age ended with a great battle and destruction although all the christians escaped because they left town.

If not Megiddo what other location is it that God has declared the Lord will fill with the dead bodies of many Kings & many nations on the " Day of His wrath" ?

Unchecked Copy Box
Psa 110:5
The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath.
Unchecked Copy Box
Psa 110:6
He shall judge among the heathen, he shall fill the places with the dead bodies; he shall wound the heads over many countries.

If not Megiddo what other location is it that God has declared the Lord will fill with the dead bodies of many Kings & many nations on the " Day of His wrath" ?

Unchecked Copy Box
Psa 110:5
The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath.
Unchecked Copy Box
Psa 110:6
He shall judge among the heathen, he shall fill the places with the dead bodies; he shall wound the heads over many countries.
It’s thought that this happened in 70 AD in that place. The description of the events fits.

It’s thought that this happened in 70 AD in that place. The description of the events fits.
First of all this terrible event Prophesized by God describes this great slaughter being caused not by guns, atomic bombs , missiles , helicopters , tanks etc,etc,etc,
It prophesizes this slaughter being caused by Jesus Christ Himself speaking one single Word .
With one Word from the Glorified Lord hundreds of millions will fall dead where they stand.
No one believes this event has happened in 70 AD or at any other time up until now.
In addition this same terrible event, Prophesized by God, includes the nation Israel, ( THY PEOPLE ) finally accepting Jesus Christ as Lord at this moment:

Psa 110:2
The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.
Unchecked Copy Box
Psa 110:3
Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

I don't know anyone who believes the nation Israel accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord & King in 70 AD as you claim ?

Last edited:
This same terrible event, Prophesized by God, includes the nation Israel, ( THY PEOPLE ) finally accepting Jesus Christ as Lord at this moment:

The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.
Unchecked Copy Box
Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

I don't know anyone who believes the nation Israel accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord & King in 70 AD as you claim ?
Where is “accepting Jesus as Lord” in that?

You should realize that the church was mainly Jews who had “accepted Jesus as Lord” in that day? All of the apostles were Jews.

Where is “accepting Jesus as Lord” in that?

You should realize that the church was mainly Jews who had “accepted Jesus as Lord” in that day? All of the apostles were Jews.
Unchecked Copy Box

Back