Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Russia and Israel, now what?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Nobody believes that the nation Israel, " House of David ", has ever mourned bitterly for Him who they pierced .
How would you know that? Can you provide evidence of any nation ever bitterly mourning, say longer than 1000 years ago? Does that mean no nation ever did?
The " early church saw it " where & when ?
I would love to hear the detailing of this great day of mourning, and what caused this bitter mourning of the entire nation Israel to happen?
The Day of the Judgement of God on those pierced Him. Jesus said they’d see it.
The entire " House of David" mourning bitterly as one for crucifying Jesus and accepting Him as, " an only son " would have to be an event very well documented, yet I and no one else has ever heard of it ?
Where is the concept “accepting Jesus” in those prophesies? Where does this idea that one fine day all the lucky Jews, 100%, who happened to be alive will “accept Jesus” and be very sorry they killed him when they didn’t kill him come from? Do Jews who become believers evidence mourning because those in the first century killed him? Do Gentiles mourn when they “accept Jesus?” I’ve heard the testimonies of both and I can’t recall anyone mourning that Jesus had been killed 2000+ years ago.

To your mind the climactic, cataclysmic event of ancient Israel being visited by their long awaited & now glorified Messiah , whom they had previously executed, would not rate even a mention in their sacred texts ?
Your are kidding right ?

Zec 13:6
And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.
He visited them 2022 years ago. They saw the wounds in his hands. It’s recorded in the New Testament.

its not past i read the link it has merit to it this is future in prophecy. Israel is still blind But God is fixing do eye surgery
No verse in Revelation mentions anything close to this theology and Israel is barely mentioned at all in any case, although Jerusalem is called “Sodom.”

ok here we go your never going to accept any answer judgement has not come yet
I could say the same except dividing sentences so it’s easier on you. You’re never going to
accept that those who pierced him experienced judgement. That generation didn’t pass away before they experienced the Judgement of God, just as Jesus said.

Now there were staying in Jerusalem God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven. 6 When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard their own language being spoken. 7 Utterly amazed, they asked: “Aren’t all these who are speaking Galileans? 8 Then how is it that each of us hears them in our native language? 9 Parthians, Medes and Elamites; residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia,[b] 10 Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya near Cyrene; visitors from Rome 11 (both Jews and converts to Judaism); Cretans and Arabs—we hear them declaring the wonders of God in our own tongues!” 12 Amazed and perplexed, they asked one another, “What does this mean?”

Makes me wonder what the time of the Gentiles being fulfilled is. I had always thought it was when a certain number was reached but now I doubt that. I will give that some thought.

Ah, but I’m thinking it is past and I think I might have an inkling. Since Revelation and Matt 24 don’t mention it at all and that’s in the future for you, it makes it doubtful the answer is a major milestone.
Greetings in Christ JESUS, sister Dorothy

I consider very interesting the thoughts of yours concerning the time of the Gentiles being fulfilled, according Scriptures-Romans 11:25.
As you above said "Revelation and Matt 24(prophetic sermon) don’t mention it" , but I think we have interesting clues to decipher this enigma: 1 - Luke 21:24(prophetic sermon) combined with Revelation 11:2: -

Luke 21:24 says:
24 And they(the Jews) shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

Revelation 11:v.2
2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months. (Well, these 42 months are exactly the FIRST period of the last week, week 70th Daniel 9:27. Thus, this future event concerning the holy city being trodden under the feet of Gentiles, in the first period of 42 months of the last week, this event implies that "the times of the Gentiles is fulfilled in the first period of the last week Daniel 9:27). It's that. NOTE: The main event of the 2nd period of the last week is the AoD- Daniel 12:11: - 11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away(the sacrifice of our Lord JESUS Christ has already lasted 2000 years, and will last until the END of the FIRST half of the last week), and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

In my understanding, Scriptures explain Scriptures, and help to decipher its puzzles.

GOD blesses

Nobody believes that the nation Israel, " House of David ", has ever mourned bitterly for Him who they pierced .
How would you know that?
Because no theologian , no historian, no one you can name would ever believe that the scribes & pharisees of ancient Israel could be confronted with such a cataclysmic realization as the risen Messiah in their face and not make it known in their sacred texts.
You cannot name any person well known or little known. living or dead, Christian or non-Christian, who believes such a thing

He visited them 2022 years ago. They saw the wounds in his hands. It’s recorded in the New Testament.
Why would any Jew be asking Him where these wounds came from , if they had also been present in Jerusalem 2022 years ago as He hung on a cross just a few days earlier ?
His execution was not done in secret , all Jerusalem knew full well about it .

And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.

Last edited:
Now there were staying in Jerusalem God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven. 6 When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard their own language being spoken. 7 Utterly amazed, they asked: “Aren’t all these who are speaking Galileans? 8 Then how is it that each of us hears them in our native language? 9 Parthians, Medes and Elamites; residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia,[b] 10 Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya near Cyrene; visitors from Rome 11 (both Jews and converts to Judaism); Cretans and Arabs—we hear them declaring the wonders of God in our own tongues!” 12 Amazed and perplexed, they asked one another, “What does this mean?”
Let me get this straight, you think God-fearing Jews from the Rome, Egypt, Libya and so on are not Jews because they did not live in Israel? Do you think converts to Judaism are not Jews? Do you think all the Jews living in Israel are descendants from Abraham? Do you think that only citizens of Israel today are in the prophesy and Jews living in New York are not included? The passage says they were Jews but living elsewhere.They were there for the Jewish feast. The apostles did not even begin to preach to the Gentiles until Peter was directed by the Lord to do so. The church was mainly Jewish and that is not disputed. So the scripture both saying Israel would be saved, given a new heart, etc. AND that his own would reject his was fulfilled.

I get the feeling that some expect one fine day to read that every single person owning a passport from Israel will "accept Jesus" as their Messiah and weep because their ancestors killed him, something no convert to Christianity has done that I can recall. I have asked converts to Christianity about their testimony and not a one of them said they wept because the Jews in the first century killed Christ.

Why would any Jew be asking Him where these wounds came from , if they had also been present in Jerusalem 2022 years ago as He hung on a cross just a few days earlier ?
His execution was not done in secret , all Jerusalem knew full well about it .

You think Jews today never heard of the crucifixion as an execution method? Do you think they are totally uneducated? Do you think they are asking because they never heard of that? And you know, he was not literally wounded in the house of anyone. The execution was outside. And the last supper was not in a house of his friend, that we know of. So now what?

It would be very useful if christians understood the use of the metaphor in Hebrew literature. I've thought about asking D-D-W to discuss the Hebrew metaphor that is so radically different than the Greek use of the metaphor that changes what they knew they were saying as compared to what we think they were saying. The logic God uses is the same as the logic we use, it is just that He is much better informed. But the use of the metaphors his people used is radically different. What we read above is a metaphor because he was not wounded in a house and the last house he was in was not that of a friend that we know of although a case could be made. So I can answer my own question, but I understand better the use of the metaphor in Hebrew.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back