Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Same Sex Relationships

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
quote by VaultZero4Me :Should I start a new thread of my own so that I can keep the debate on its original course?

It seems you have already started your own thread within this one and are screening the content as if it were yours. The OP question was not about gluttony versus homosexuality but read:

… how can those who practice or condone the abomination of sexual intimacy between a man with a man or a woman with a woman, be forgiven (born again) and conformed to the image of Jesus Christ to become heirs of the Kingdom of God (Revelation 21:7), unless they repent?

Since Dan seems to have left us, I don’t think anyone is going to care if you insert your own hypothetical situation for discussion, but your attempts to limit the conversation to just what you consider relevant are a bit presumptuous, wouldn’t you say?

quote by VaultZero4Me :
Case isn't closed.

Sodom was one of your examples. I showed that homosexuality was only part of the cities sin as well.

Even if you bring more evidence from the OT, you have to do that and skip all the other commands that you yourself stated you do not follow (613 mitzvha - remember?)

It opens up a can of worms that complicate the issue even more.

Such as:

Sacrificing, dietary laws, stoning your children, worship on saturdays,no human statues, no shaving, write your own torah, no leaving the city on sabboth, burn incense everyday, slavery, and over 600 more. Should we go on?

Sodom wasn’t my example. Someone had already introduced it to the argument earlier. In fact, I said that they were guilty of all sorts of wickedness besides sodomy. I don’t need a can of worms to catch your red herring, I have a net. All those OT laws aren’t necessary to show that homosexuals could be stoned simply for committing a single homosexual act, without any aditional crimes. Show me the glutton being stoned simply for gluttony and I’ll have to agree that you have a case. Otherwise, you’re out of this game. You’ll have to drop your plans to oust all the portly Jerry Falwells from their pulpits for double helpings of figgy pudding.

So, what’s wrong with adultery to compare with homosexuality? I think we have a match.

p.s. Would you mind attributing your quotes to the person who made them? It helps you to get an answer from the correct person, it eliminates confusion about who said what, it makes it easier to check the accuracy of what was said in context and I think it helps everyone follow the train of thought better. Thanks.

:-D

I was like a
240px-Drosophila_melanogaster_-_sid.jpg
on the wall and overheard you say something about a post that associated Sodom with Sodomites, some of them prefer to be called gay, Ha! gay? show me anything that associates Sodomy with being gay :wink: I regress, I'm that poster although it may have been another, it seems to be a popular topic for discussion, not my favorite,
paleeese! Sure there's forgiveness there but who will drink from the river of life. who will follow the Shepherd through the valley of the shadow of death?

In His Service,
turnorburn

Back