Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Seeing the Day Approaching.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Yes I just noticed you are in Europe. May I ask where? And what time is it there? it is 4.37 PM here.
It’s 8:42 am. I’m in Switzerland. Unfortunately I am not a European even though I’d like to be. I’m a Yank.

We’re OK here too. No mandates. Testing accepted if you insisted on entertainment. And we were the only nation to admit that recovery from the illness is valid for a significant period of time.
And yes many people are Christians in name only and too busy about what they want to do. Still saying that I do believe the Lord, the Head of His Body is building and maturing it across the centuries and across the world.
Based upon what observation? I’m not saying it’s not so, just wondering.

Last edited:
It’s 8:42 am. I’m in Switzerland. Unfortunately I am not a European even though I’d like to be. I’m a Yank.

We’re OK here too. No mandates. Testing accepted if you insisted on entertainment. And we were the only nation to admit that recovery from the illness is valid for a significant period of time.

Based upon what observation?
How interesting, thank you. I do see a lot of Americans on the forums and wondered where the British and European believers were.

Now my belief is based on the credibility of the Lord Himself - `I will build my church...` and by the Holy Spirit `till we all come to the unity of the faith and the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect, (mature) man...` (Eph. 4: 13)

On another forum I am talking to an atheist who is from Sweden and she says that there are not many Christians there. And yes Sweden didn`t do all the draconian laws that the `she`ll be right mate` aussies did.

I did notice that on another post you said to someone you were on your way to work in a train. So are you on your way now?

How interesting, thank you. I do see a lot of Americans on the forums and wondered where the British and European believers were.

Now my belief is based on the credibility of the Lord Himself - `I will build my church...` and by the Holy Spirit `till we all come to the unity of the faith and the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect, (mature) man...` (Eph. 4: 13)
Now my dear sister, this needs to the thought through as it is a rather proud remark. You believe that what you think on the matter is based solely on what Jesus thinks and everyone who disagrees with you is wrong.

The whole truth is that same Jesus said at a point in time many who truly believe(d) in him will fall away. So many will not grow in maturity in him but actually fall away. Your position needs input from the whole word of Jesus not just the verse that supports it.
On another forum I am talking to an atheist who is from Sweden and she says that there are not many Christians there. And yes Sweden didn`t do all the draconian laws that the `she`ll be right mate` aussies did.
Might be so. Not sure about believers in Sweden.
I did notice that on another post you said to someone you were on your way to work in a train. So are you on your way now?
No it’s Saturday.

Now my dear sister, this needs to the thought through as it is a rather proud remark. You believe that what you think on the matter is based solely on what Jesus thinks and everyone who disagrees with you is wrong.

The whole truth is that same Jesus said at a point in time many who truly believe(d) in him will fall away. So many will not grow in maturity in him but actually fall away. Your position needs input from the whole word of Jesus not just the verse that supports it.

Might be so. Not sure about believers in Sweden.

No it’s Saturday.
I also believe that Jesus said, (as you rightly stated) that many would fall away. However the Lord will build His church, called out ones, and mature them as He said.

I also believe that Jesus said, (as you rightly stated) that many would fall away. However the Lord will build His church, called out ones, and mature them as He said.
It just occurred to me that for you, a Futurist, that’s your future. Not that you fall away, but that you must believe you will see many fall away. These, by the way, are the called out ones. They put their hand to the plough and look back.

I think the more realistic view is that Jesus is maturing those in the church who want to be and seek to be mature. It’s a costly process and many don’t want that. This is why one sees some grow in maturity and some decline. I think that’s reality and how the Bible describes us.

Hi fhg,

I should have made it clearer at the start. On another forum Preterists have there own area. And that would be helpful as that discussion can take over every thread.

Also because I live `down under` it takes till the next morning for me to answer, whereas you can all talk around the same time.

In the OP I was directing our thoughts to what the Lord, the Head of His Body is asking us to do, `let us...` and then how do we see what is happening around us, as to the nations - politically, & economically. I do see it is rather a broad sweep.

So what do we see around us in the world and where do you see it heading.

regards, Marilyn.
Thank you for making the OP clearer. :)

One thing to remember that everyone has their own views by how they allow themselves to be taught and even if we disagree, it's still their views. Being such a diverse group let us all remember to stay within the ToS and to stay on topic.

I call it the “rapture”, or the “catching up” of those who are alive and remain.

Im trying to find a name for it that you will receive so we don’t have to continue wasting time with post after post after post about the living being “caught up” together with those who are resurrected!!!

You are simple denying what the actual scripture so plainly and clearly states about those who are alive being “caught up” together with the dead in Christ.

• And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them…

Resurrection refers to those who have died.

Those who are alive are caught up together with them refer to the living.

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.
1 Thessalonians 4:15-17

I won’t bother responding to anymore of your posts that flat out deny that the living, those who are alive and remain, are CAUGHT UP together with the dead in Christ who are resurrected,

JLB
Fhg is going to delete us if we continue. Please stay on the OP

And you see that day coming close?

Yes I do. Either early next year or the next year.

Marilyn, in a different post you listed 3 different days. The day of Christ, the day of the Lord, and the day of God? Which of these days is it you see coming?

Dorothy used a phrase in one of here posts about putting hand to plow. But as the day approaches, what is it you are looking for? There are many who see sin and wickedness everywhere and they look to the day of God's wrath and judgement, and they prepare themselves for battle. There are others who might look for that day, and look for a wedding, or see a harvest.

So as you look and watch for that day, does a man put hand to plow and till a field in the time of harvest? In the time of harvest, does the farmer set forth to sow seed? There is a time to sow, there is a time to reap.

Those who look for a battle prepare and gird themselves in their gospel armor, suited up and ready for war. But if it is a wedding that you look for, then you should know that armor for warfare is not the garment of a bride ready for her wedding. So as you see the day approaching, do you look for it as the soldier or the bride?

Marilyn, in a different post you listed 3 different days. The day of Christ, the day of the Lord, and the day of God? Which of these days is it you see coming?

Dorothy used a phrase in one of here posts about putting hand to plow. But as the day approaches, what is it you are looking for? There are many who see sin and wickedness everywhere and they look to the day of God's wrath and judgement, and they prepare themselves for battle. There are others who might look for that day, and look for a wedding, or see a harvest.

So as you look and watch for that day, does a man put hand to plow and till a field in the time of harvest? In the time of harvest, does the farmer set forth to sow seed? There is a time to sow, there is a time to reap.

Those who look for a battle prepare and gird themselves in their gospel armor, suited up and ready for war. But if it is a wedding that you look for, then you should know that armor for warfare is not the garment of a bride ready for her wedding. So as you see the day approaching, do you look for it as the soldier or the bride?

Very good question there ezrider, (easy rider?) and thank you for asking. I certainly would love to share my view.

As a believer in the Body of Christ I am looking eagerly for the Lord, the Head of His Body to come for us.

`To those who eagerly wait for Him, He will appear a second time apart from sin, for salvation.` (Heb. 9: 28 b)

And while I am eagerly waiting I am constantly on guard against the enemy that tries to discourage, disappoint and change my focus from the Lord and His purpose. And that purpose is to be sensitive to His guidance as I reach out to encourage believers, warn and point others to the Lord.

So the time period I believe we are in is the Day of Christ, (from Pentecost to the catching away) where the Lord, the Head of His Body is building and maturing us by His Holy Spirit. Not only individually but corporately as a Body being matured by the truths of Christ`s character and His purposes. (Eph. 4: 13, 6: 12)

And the specific Day of Christ is when He returns to gather us together and take us to His own throne in glory. (Rev. 3: 21)

So amid an ever increasing onslaught of the enemy to stop believers and the Body coming to maturity, `I still believe!` (as Ruff Taff sings with great gusto. We have the CD on at the moment.)

Not looking to the trib, (Part of the Day of the Lord time period and specific day) or a wedding, as that is for the nations and for Israel. However I am aware of the Day of the Lord, (God Almighty for Judgment) the time period, that it is fast approaching. BUT the Body of Christ purpose is FIRST!

regards, Marilyn.

Very good question there ezrider, (easy rider?) and thank you for asking. I certainly would love to share my view.

As a believer in the Body of Christ I am looking eagerly for the Lord, the Head of His Body to come for us.

`To those who eagerly wait for Him, He will appear a second time apart from sin, for salvation.` (Heb. 9: 28 b)

And while I am eagerly waiting I am constantly on guard against the enemy that tries to discourage, disappoint and change my focus from the Lord and His purpose. And that purpose is to be sensitive to His guidance as I reach out to encourage believers, warn and point others to the Lord.

So the time period I believe we are in is the Day of Christ, (from Pentecost to the catching away) where the Lord, the Head of His Body is building and maturing us by His Holy Spirit. Not only individually but corporately as a Body being matured by the truths of Christ`s character and His purposes. (Eph. 4: 13, 6: 12)

And the specific Day of Christ is when He returns to gather us together and take us to His own throne in glory. (Rev. 3: 21)

So amid an ever increasing onslaught of the enemy to stop believers and the Body coming to maturity, `I still believe!` (as Ruff Taff sings with great gusto. We have the CD on at the moment.)

Not looking to the trib, (Part of the Day of the Lord time period and specific day) or a wedding, as that is for the nations and for Israel. However I am aware of the Day of the Lord, (God Almighty for Judgment) the time period, that it is fast approaching. BUT the Body of Christ purpose is FIRST!

regards, Marilyn.
I get amazed.
You mentioned body five times in this post, and multiple times in the OP.
Could you explain why you place Revelation 3:20 and Revelation 3.21 in the future rather than in us now? Does what happened at Pentecost not make us what we are today ( both individually and corporately)?

Your comment:
"And the specific Day of Christ is when He returns to gather us together and take us to His own throne in glory. (Rev. 3: 21)"

I totally understand changes still will happen at the last trump, but if I look at us today I see the hidden man of the heart and the mind of Christ now.

eddif

I get amazed.
You mentioned body five times in this post, and multiple times in the OP.
Could you explain why you place Revelation 3:20 and Revelation 3.21 in the future rather than in us now? Does what happened at Pentecost not make us what we are today ( both individually and corporately)?

Your comment:
"And the specific Day of Christ is when He returns to gather us together and take us to His own throne in glory. (Rev. 3: 21)"

I totally understand changes still will happen at the last trump, but if I look at us today I see the hidden man of the heart and the mind of Christ now.

eddif

Hi eddif,

Why are you amazed at me saying `Body` (of Christ) 5 times?

Thank you for asking. Rev. 3: 20 I see for now. However Rev. 3: 21 I see for future. `To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with me on my throne, as I also overcame and sat down with my Father on His throne.`

We know that the Lord is with the Father `on His throne.` And that is described as - `dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see...` (1 Tim. 6: 16)

However there will come a time when the Lord Jesus Christ will move to His `own throne` which is where He will be visible. And we shall be with Him on His own throne, as kingpriests, as promised. (Rev. 4 & 5)

Now remember that Jesus said he would send His Holy Spirit to guide us into ALL truth. (John 16: 13) Thus that is a process. We, today have most of the truths that have been clarified over the centuries. Remember the apostle Paul said that even though he taught them, (the Ephesians) the whole counsel of God, that there would come in savage wolves and false teachers. (Acts 20: 27 - 30)

And over the first early centuries we know by history (& the 7 churches of Rev.) that errors came in. Then later as people received truth, many had to die for such beliefs. eg, adult baptism was a truth that many people were ostracised or martyred for, and other truths such as infilling of the Holy Spirit caused great controversy back in last century. We have received those truths for people have stood for them.

And Eph. 4: 11 - 16 reveals that it is a corporate maturing in regards to truth that the Lord is doing by His Holy Spirit.

Here are the main areas of the `Day` I see `approaching.`

• Lawlessness abounding. (2 Thess. 2: 7)
  • The forming of the final Gentile Global Government. (Rev. 13)
  • The World Economic collapse. (Rev. 6: 5 & 6)
  • The Russian Federation on the move. (Joel 2 & Ez. 38)
  • The Islamic power, ready to arise. (Dan. 7: 7, 23)
If we are to face all this you speak of, and I know there are things to face. I may be in my body along with others in their bodies. Those mortal bodies will not overcome those powers. Jesus on the right hand of the Father became a quickening spirit. That quickening spirit Jesus became was available to the Laodiceans as well as the other churches. If they overcame themselves and trusted in Jesus work, they overcame. If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. We do not get the credit.
Thus
Revelation 3 sure looks like if now we possess the law in our hearts and minds, if we will be further changed at the last trump.

I am just trying to make sure God is getting the Glory.

I can’t do Greek ( starting in the past and progressing into the future), but I am aware of the translation.

To be victorious we need all the power Jesus accomplished for us. I suppose the door was open at Pentecost and he did send the law into their hearts and minds.

The book of Hebrews is trying to get Jews into Jesus. It used comparisons with High Priests and all sorts of symbols that needed to be understood as being fulfilled by Jesus. The gentiles (without the oracles of God) got the message without the law in stone. I ain’t qualified to say much about this.

We just do not fight against flesh and blood. The enemies we face are in outer darkness. We need all the light we can get.

eddif

If we are to face all this you speak of, and I know there are things to face. I may be in my body along with others in their bodies. Those mortal bodies will not overcome those powers. Jesus on the right hand of the Father became a quickening spirit. That quickening spirit Jesus became was available to the Laodiceans as well as the other churches. If they overcame themselves and trusted in Jesus work, they overcame. If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. We do not get the credit.
Thus
Revelation 3 sure looks like if now we possess the law in our hearts and minds, if we will be further changed at the last trump.

I am just trying to make sure God is getting the Glory.

I can’t do Greek ( starting in the past and progressing into the future), but I am aware of the translation.

To be victorious we need all the power Jesus accomplished for us. I suppose the door was open at Pentecost and he did send the law into their hearts and minds.

The book of Hebrews is trying to get Jews into Jesus. It used comparisons with High Priests and all sorts of symbols that needed to be understood as being fulfilled by Jesus. The gentiles (without the oracles of God) got the message without the law in stone. I ain’t qualified to say much about this.

We just do not fight against flesh and blood. The enemies we face are in outer darkness. We need all the light we can get.

eddif
Lots of good thoughts there eddif. And the best is - `I am just trying to make sure God is getting the Glory.`

Blessings, Marilyn.

Lots of good thoughts there eddif. And the best is - `I am just trying to make sure God is getting the Glory.`

Blessings, Marilyn.
Off topic and I’ll return, but an interesting exploration would be what exactly gives God the glory?

I know people say the above, but do those words mean God feels glorified? Just wondering…

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back