Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Seeing the Day Approaching.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hi Marilyn C

Could you direct us as to what it is specifically what it is you want to discuss?

I do see how we have taken this off topic by talking about a Rapture and the resurrection of the dead and I apologize for that.

Everyone including me, there will be no more talk about the Rapture or the resurrection of the dead as per the OP we are to be discussing what we need to be seeing as the days before Christ return. If anyone would like to start a new thread on the Rapture and the resurrection please do so as we have derailed this thread. Any more post about the Rapture and the resurrection will be deleted as being off topic.
Hi fhg,

I should have made it clearer at the start. On another forum Preterists have there own area. And that would be helpful as that discussion can take over every thread.

Also because I live `down under` it takes till the next morning for me to answer, whereas you can all talk around the same time.

In the OP I was directing our thoughts to what the Lord, the Head of His Body is asking us to do, `let us...` and then how do we see what is happening around us, as to the nations - politically, & economically. I do see it is rather a broad sweep.

So what do we see around us in the world and where do you see it heading.

regards, Marilyn.

Last edited:
I’m afraid I don’t see the day approaching, the OP, so I ought not participate. Back to the OP!

Hi Dorothy,

Thank you for your comment. However you can still say what you see happening in the Political and Economic spheres. All contributions are important in the Body.

regards, Marilyn.

Actually I have just noticed that there is a Preterist section on this Forum. So that is where that topic should be discussed.

Thank you.

Hi Dorothy,

Thank you for your comment. However you can still say what you see happening in the Political and Economic spheres. All contributions are important in the Body.

regards, Marilyn.
Thanks Marilyn,

Well, I do see what is happening world wide which is that evil forces are aggressively attacking mankind by curbing freedoms marketing it as “keeping you safe,” insisting moral degradation be accepted as normal and, at the same time actively reducing the world population. I don’t see this as the day Futurist await, but I do see it as a direct affront to the Kingdom of God on many levels.

Hi Dorothy,

Yes I do want to go where the Holy Spirit leads, as that is why I wrote the OP. Now if you or others want to talk specifically about a Preterist view then a thread needs to be started for that. If that topic comes into every thread then that is all that is being discussed, it takes over. And that would then negate what the Holy Spirit desired for a particular topic, that is not Preterist.

So hopefully you can still join us in relation to the OP as to what is happening NOW, in our time.

regards, Marilyn.
Dear Marilyn

You do realize that you have decided where the Holy Spirit is allowed to lead right? What if the Holy Spirit knows the Day isn’t coming in our lifetime? You’ve trumped what He can do. Just a thought. If you really want the Holy Spirit to lead, you cannot decide beforehand where He’s not allowed to go. To be fair, there ought to be a Futurist Box where Futurists can post their view and only there.

But I do see a lot of what is happening. None of it fits Revelation except, perhaps, the “Kings” rulers of the earth rising up against the people of God. This is to be considered.

Hi fhg,

I should have made it clearer at the start. On another forum Preterists have there own area. And that would be helpful as that discussion can take over every thread.

Also because I live `down under` it takes till the next morning for me to answer, whereas you can all talk around the same time.

In the OP I was directing our thoughts to what the Lord, the Head of His Body is asking us to do, `let us...` and then how do we see what is happening around us, as to the nations - politically, & economically. I do see it is rather a broad sweep.

So what do we see around us in the world and where do you see it heading.

regards, Marilyn.
How do you know that the Lord is directing people? And what “day” do you see approaching?

That you live down under is interesting as Australia had reportedly the most severe regs under Covid of any nation. You also have some new WOKE laws (I listen to Martin Iles) that are unprecedented. What do see there where you live?

Last edited:
The resurrection of the dead in Christ and the resurrection of the living in Christ.

Is this what you prefer?
The living can’t be resurrected by definition. Just call it what the bible does, the Resurrection. But we need to get back to the OP. No mention of those “R” words allowed.

Last edited:
How do you know that the Lord is directing people? And what “day” do you see approaching?

That you live down under is interesting as Australia had reportedly the most severe regs under Covid of any nation. You also have some new WOKE laws (I listen to Martin Iles) that are unprecedented. What do see there where you live?

Thank you for your replies. Now I know the Lord is guiding His people for He is Head of His Body. We are all coming to know Him more, by His Holy Spirit and His truths are being clarified to us more and more.

Yes Australia, particularly Victoria where I live had very draconian laws. People knocked down in the street if they didn`t wear a mask, and yet the virus is so small that a mask doesn`t protect. Anyway because my hubby and I live in a farming area we were not so affected as could go out on the property, work on farms, (Hubby helps others for he is partly retired from his own farm).

I still traveled to mentor others and drove behind their fence so as not to be noticed. I believed the Lord would have us to still gather in 2`s and 3`s and encourage each other, study, pray, and praise Him.

Yes Martin is a great speaker and glad you are able to listen to him. I will answer your other question soon.

And what “day” do you see approaching?
The word `day` in the Gk, is `hemera` meaning a specific day and also a period of time. The context will show which is being referred to. I see that the believers are looking forward to the Day of Christ`s return for them. However for the world they will enter the Day of the Lord God Almighty in judgment.

Now God has 3 prophetic Days, (time periods) and 2 specific days.

God`s 3 Days..jpg

Last edited:
I believe the Bible quite clearly presents an obvious and unmistakable sequence. I see that it unfolds naturally and logically as an outworking of the Divine purpose for the three classes of people recognized by God.

THE DAY OF CHRIST. (for the Body of Christ)

This relates, I believe, solely to the Body of Christ, and its removal from the earth. Paul is the only one who mentions this day and he is distinctly the Apostle to the Body of Christ.

There is a time for events that relate to the Body of Christ culminating in the glorious appearing of our Lord Jesus.

`….so that you come short in no gift, eagerly waiting for the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ, who will also confirm you to the end, that you may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.` (1 Cor. 1:7 & 8)

`…being confident of this very thing, that he who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.` (Phil. 1: 6)

DAY OF THE LORD. (for the Nations & Israel)

There is a time for world events, affecting the nations, leading up to the supreme dictator who will gather all people to the great battle of Armageddon.

Known by Israel as - The Day of the Lord,

- The Day of Wrath,
- The Day of Vengence.
- The Day of God`s Judgement on the World`s System,
which is different from the Great White Throne.

(Ref: Isaiah 2:12 - 22 12 6 22:5 24:21 26:9 63:4
Joel 1;15 2:1 2:11 2:31 3:14 & other prophets.)

THE DAY OF GOD. (for the Eternal Purposes)

Finally with the ultimate restitution of all things time will be absorbed into the eternal purposes.

Thank you for your replies. Now I know the Lord is guiding His people for He is Head of His Body. We are all coming to know Him more, by His Holy Spirit and His truths are being clarified to us more and more.
So you assume that every single christian is listening to and obeying Jesus because he is the Head, right? No christian ever refuses the Holy Spirit right? Do you want to rethink that position?

I’d that is so, why did you have to tell us to return to the OP and not talk about other matters instead of the head doing that?
Yes Australia, particularly Victoria where I live had very draconian laws. People knocked down in the street if they didn`t wear a mask, and yet the virus is so small that a mask doesn`t protect. Anyway because my hubby and I live in a farming area we were not so affected as could go out on the property, work on farms, (Hubby helps others for he is partly retired from his own farm).
You know, I had actually written “draconian“ and change to
something weaker. So I laughed when you called them that.
I still traveled to mentor others and drove behind their fence so as not to be noticed. I believed the Lord would have us to still gather in 2`s and 3`s and encourage each other, study, pray, and praise Him.
I agree.
Yes Martin is a great speaker and glad you are able to listen to him. I will answer your other question soon.
I very much enjoy “the truth of it all!”

The word `day` in the Gk, is `hemera` meaning a specific day and also a period of time. The context will show which is being referred to. I see that the believers are looking forward to the Day of Christ`s return for them. However for the world they will enter the Day of the Lord God Almighty in judgment.

Now God has 3 prophetic Days, (time periods) and 2 specific days.

View attachment 14352
And you see that day coming close?

What do see there where you live?

Where I live life is very good and people are still busy with their own lives. Prices have risen somewhat however people think this is for a short time. Most do not have any idea, (or do not want to face it) that inflation is moving rapidly to depression. Interest rates are rising and people who have big mortgages are in trouble. House prices are falling.

As a society we are now back to `normal` and people think life is fine.

My friends and I are reaching out to others who see what is happening and although they are not believers they are interested in what makes us hopeful and peaceful. They see the danger coming. we believe it will be a wonderful time to help those in trouble and who are hurting when they see their trust in man`s system fail.

So you assume that every single christian is listening to and obeying Jesus because he is the Head, right? No christian ever refuses the Holy Spirit right? Do you want to rethink that position?

I’d that is so, why did you have to tell us to return to the OP and not talk about other matters instead of the head doing that?

You know, I had actually written “draconian“ and change to
something weaker. So I laughed when you called them that.

I agree.

I very much enjoy “the truth of it all!”
I don`t believe every believer hears the Lord clearly all the time. The Lord knows we are weak and He gently guides us along, plus He has mentors and peers to guide us and we to others.

Remember what the apostle Paul said - `Therefore let us, as many are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you, (us).` (Phil. 3: 15)

It behooves us to be patient with each other, don`t you think?

I believe the Bible quite clearly presents an obvious and unmistakable sequence. I see that it unfolds naturally and logically as an outworking of the Divine purpose for the three classes of people recognized by God.

THE DAY OF CHRIST. (for the Body of Christ)

This relates, I believe, solely to the Body of Christ, and its removal from the earth. Paul is the only one who mentions this day and he is distinctly the Apostle to the Body of Christ.

There is a time for events that relate to the Body of Christ culminating in the glorious appearing of our Lord Jesus.

`….so that you come short in no gift, eagerly waiting for the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ, who will also confirm you to the end, that you may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.` (1 Cor. 1:7 & 8)

`…being confident of this very thing, that he who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.` (Phil. 1: 6)

DAY OF THE LORD. (for the Nations & Israel)

There is a time for world events, affecting the nations, leading up to the supreme dictator who will gather all people to the great battle of Armageddon.

Known by Israel as - The Day of the Lord,

- The Day of Wrath,
- The Day of Vengence.
- The Day of God`s Judgement on the World`s System,
which is different from the Great White Throne.

(Ref: Isaiah 2:12 - 22 12 6 22:5 24:21 26:9 63:4
Joel 1;15 2:1 2:11 2:31 3:14 & other prophets.)

THE DAY OF GOD. (for the Eternal Purposes)

Finally with the ultimate restitution of all things time will be absorbed into the eternal purposes.

Marilyn,

I believe the Bible quite clearly does not present sequential events demonstrated undeniably in the OT where prophesies about Jesus are mixed in with the current situation.

All of the apostles were apostles to the body of Christ. Who else were they apostles to? Paul spoke of the Resurrection. That was the Day he spoke of. Technically that day draws near every hour but that doesn’t mean it’s soon.

The rest of your days described above are not clearly defined in the Bible as you view them to be. For sure and certain, the apostles did not think that way nor any NT writer all of whom knew Matthew 24 and knew it was going to happen in their lifetime.

That is not the day approaching in my view.

I don`t believe every believer hears the Lord clearly all the time. The Lord knows we are weak and He gently guides us along, plus He has mentors and peers to guide us and we to others.

Remember what the apostle Paul said - `Therefore let us, as many are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you, (us).` (Phil. 3: 15)

It behooves us to be patient with each other, don`t you think?
Absolutely and I’m delighted to chat with you. I’m on a different time than all the others too.

From observation and scripture, I see them many christians stubbornly refuse to obey the head.

Absolutely and I’m delighted to chat with you. I’m on a different time than all the others too.

From observation and scripture, I see them many christians stubbornly refuse to obey the head.
Yes I just noticed you are in Europe. May I ask where? And what time is it there? it is 4.37 PM here.
And yes many people are Christians in name only and too busy about what they want to do. Still saying that I do believe the Lord, the Head of His Body is building and maturing it across the centuries and across the world.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back