Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Sheep who become lost.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Not making a thing up....go back and read the scripture.
Again, you are ignoring a significant statement in the verse. What do you think Jesus means by 'these have no root'? I mean, he is not talking about actual plants here......people can 'believe' in different ways.....superficially, intellectually, with their heart, etc.

None of this is mentioned in the scripture.

Jesus said they believe.

They were identified as Christians and persecuted, and departed from Christ.

Therefore they were not saved permanently, only temporarily.

JLB

None of this is mentioned in the scripture.
Actually, it is.....
Luk 8:13 And the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear the word, receive it with joy. But these have no root; they believe for a while, and in time of testing fall away.
Luk 8:14 And as for what fell among the thorns, they are those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by the cares and riches and pleasures of life, and their fruit does not mature.
Luk 8:15 As for that in the good soil, they are those who, hearing the word, hold it fast in an honest and good heart, and bear fruit with patience.

Actually, it is.....
Luk 8:13 And the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear the word, receive it with joy. But these have no root; they believe for a while, and in time of testing fall away.
Luk 8:14 And as for what fell among the thorns, they are those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by the cares and riches and pleasures of life, and their fruit does not mature.
Luk 8:15 As for that in the good soil, they are those who, hearing the word, hold it fast in an honest and good heart, and bear fruit with patience.

There is no mention of any such intellectual believing with the head in Luke 8:13.

They believed Temporarily, not holding fast to the word unto the end.

These were saved for a while, because the believed for a while.

A person must continue to believe in order to continue to be saved.

Departing from the faith is departing from Christ.

• we have become partakers of Christ if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end,

12 Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God; 13 but exhort one another daily, while it is called “Today,” lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. 14 For we have become partakers of Christ if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end, Hebrews 3:12-14

JLB

Would like for you to do the same.....
Are you ever curious? Should you happen one day to run into someone somewhere who insists Christ's dying to give the world eternal life, salvation, is not true?
Who would insist Hell is more true than Christ's blood sacrifice and covenant. That all those words of God assuring his own of their eternal salvation in him are just words. And their will in the meantime has always been stronger than the Father's knowledge of who are his own.
Who would ever do such a thing as that?
Any ideas?

Their names were known to the shepherd before this earth came into being. He knows their names for eternity and they are eternally his.

And those names can indeed be blotted out of the book of Life for the exact reason of Luke 8:13 and Hebrews 3:12-14 as well as taking the mark of the beast.

It’s all the same thing.

Departing from Him while under persecution.

He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels. Revelation 3:5

JLB

And those names can indeed be blotted out of the book of Life for the exact reason of Luke 8:13 and Hebrews 3:12-14 as well as taking the mark of the beast.

It’s all the same thing.

Departing from Him while under persecution.

He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels. Revelation 3:5

JLB
No, that is not true. However, I am not here to argue with that what thinks it deserves time and attentions to openly hope to persuade Christians that the Gospel is not true.

No, that is not true. However, I am not here to argue with that what thinks it deserves time and attentions to openly hope to persuade Christians that the Gospel is not true.

Please don’t blatantly misrepresent what I have said.

The Gospel is true.

However many have been deceived by false doctrine.

Here I have taken the time to show you a scripture where the Lord Himself tells us these words.

believers who overcome will not be blotted out of the book of Life.

This is scripture.

If it were not possible to be blotted out of the book of life, then why would Jesus say such a thing?

JLB

Back