Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Should a Christian go to war?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I wouldnt go about creating problems hoping God would tell me what to do. However when temptation strikes I will do that God wants me to do. That is the point I was trying to make

That's not the point of the OP.

The question is: "Should Christians go to war?"

There's nothing in the Word of God that forbids an individual from joining the Armed Forces. There is however, scripture that tells us to obey the governing authorities. If you're a member of the Armed Forces you go where they say. You buck the system and you're transgressing the Word of God.

It's really that simple.

9769d1388196126-matter-taste-soapbox.gif

I wouldnt go about creating problems hoping God would tell me what to do. However when temptation strikes I will do that God wants me to do. That is the point I was trying to make
Kind of difficult to ask for answers in the middle of an attack. Me, I think I would be of a mind to take care of the immediate threat...... THEN seek guidance on what my direction should be from then on.

I've already settled it with God that I have no intention of rolling over..... and I didn't sense any resistance, other than... "Just don't kill if you don't have to."
I believe the way the Bible put is was: "When it is possible, as far as it is up to you, live at peace with all men." (Romans 12:18)

Last edited:
You know that the thread topic kind of hides the real thing. Did God ask you to goto war? Is that it?

Or should a Christian or Christians on their own decide to go to war?
I think it's an individual choice, Christian or not. God speaks to us where were at.

I'll let you off the hook by not perusing my last question :)

That's not the point of the OP.

The question is: "Should Christians go to war?"

There's nothing in the Word of God that forbids an individual from joining the Armed Forces. There is however, scripture that tells us to obey the governing authorities. If you're a member of the Armed Forces you go where they say. You buck the system and you're transgressing the Word of God.

It's really that simple.

9769d1388196126-matter-taste-soapbox.gif

Actually, I think it was his point ;-) We all have that choice.

Kind of difficult to ask for answers in the middle of an attack. Me, I think I would be of a mind to take care of the immediate threat...... THEN seek guidance on what my direction should be from then on.

I've already settled it with God that I have no intention of rolling over..... and I didn't sense any resistance, other than... "Just don't kill if you don't have to."
I believe the way the Bible put is was: "When it is possible, as far as it is up to you, live at peace with all men."
This sounds like asking forgiveness in advance - over something 'wrong' that one has not committed yet. Or did I just misinterpret you?

This sounds like asking forgiveness in advance - over something 'wrong' that one has not committed yet. Or did I just misinterpret you?
I don't know how you interpret things. I can only know that if you stand up and directly answer a question.

By the way, Christ said you are already forgiven, in advance, for those wrongs you ARE going to commit. And I would certainly hope that if someone was attacking your little sister, you would not be spending too much time in prayer asking God if you should save her, or not. It's not too much different when a force is bent on wiping us out.

I believe God has given us a mind for a reason. In simplicity humans have a fight or flight reaction to to danger. We can choose to fight to or we can try and flee. As the Bible says there is a time for peace and a time for war.

Again I question the pacifists:

If someone is attacking a loved or anyone at all in front of you and there is danger of imminent death or torture, what do you do?

I want an answer and not and answer that begins dancing around this question. There is a simple answer as I stated above all humans have it, you fight or flight. Which will you do? If you had or have a child would you leave your child to beaten or raped by a wicked child molester?! or defend him or her with all your might!

Last edited:
If God directs Christians to take a particular course of action...pls heed HIS voice. If you wish to do anything...first consult GOD and check if HE is really with you on it. Not good to generalise something at all. This applies to me also.

If God says, Classik, arise, kill, destroy...then HE has said it. I'd fly in rockets. :lol

But I wont just rise up and start going to war against anyone - with the justification that it is the right step. Did GOD say so? We should always ask ourselves: Is God with us on it?

The Children of Israel arose and went to fight. But God was not with them. HE didnt command them to go. They felt it was the right thing to do. You know the rest - they were dealt with - brutally.

But when GOD said, go, I'm with you. They won.

So is GOD sending you to fight a war?

I don't know how you interpret things. I can only know that if you stand up and directly answer a question.

By the way, Christ said you are already forgiven, in advance, for those wrongs you ARE going to commit. And I would certainly hope that if someone was attacking your little sister, you would not be spending too much time in prayer asking God if you should save her, or not. It's not too much different when a force is bent on wiping us out.
Sorry. We were not taught the once saved always saved stuff.

So I dont do the wrong thing and hope I'v been forgiven already - even before I committed it

If God directs Christians to take a particular course of action...pls heed HIS voice. If you wish to do anything...first consult GOD and check if HE is really with you on it. Not good to generalise something at all. This applies to me also.

If God says, Classik, arise, kill, destroy...then HE has said it. I'd fly in rockets. :lol

But I wont just rise up and start going to war against anyone - with the justification that it is the right step. Did GOD say so? We should always ask ourselves: Is God with us on it?

The Children of Israel arose and went to fight. But God was not with them. HE didnt command them to go. They felt it was the right thing to do. You know the rest - they were dealt with - brutally.

I believe God has given us a mind for a reason. In simplicity humans have a fight or flight reaction to to danger. We can choose to fight to or we can try and flee. As the Bible says there is a time for peace and a time for war.

If someone is attacking a loved or anyone at all in front of you and there is danger of imminent death or torture, what do you do?

I want an answer and not and answer that begins dancing around this question. There is a simple answer as I stated above all humans have it, you fight or flight. Which will you do? If you had or have a child would you leave your child to beaten or raped by a wicked child molester?! or defend him or her with all your might!
it was after I wrote this:

That I saw your message.

Considering that neither you nor I will ever have the say to "fly in rockets", how about we bring this conversation back down to reality?
You've already been asked, more than once, how you would respond to an immediate threat to your own family.

BTW...... Have you a clue as to the response time a person generally has in those sorts of situations? Sometimes it is not even 2 seconds.

So..... Can you humor us, and get real about an answer for a moment?

Considering that neither you nor I will ever have the say to "fly in rockets", how about we bring this conversation back down to reality?
You've already been asked, more than once, how you would respond to an immediate threat to your own family.

BTW...... Have you a clue as to the response time a person generally has in those sorts of situations? Sometimes it is not even 2 seconds.

Willie,I agree and I second this. Ive ask a similar question more than once. read below.....

No situation or event is faster than God. HE'd tell you what to do. I'm not a fictious kind of person

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back