Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Should a Christian go to war?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
you haven't gone to war. there was no war when you were in. which if I recall was after nam and before Granada. you weren't a sf, ranger or any of those that go places. so unless I am wrong, you were paid to be ready.

again not all of us are paid to kill. I was sent to do the function of rebuilding. if I had to kill it was in that mission of protection but not unless the orders changed to go after muslims. that wasn't my call and nor was it any order to do that . we weren't trained in that.
Still what was I trained and paid to do ?

Lewis you were paid to annihilate
Lewis you were paid to kill
Lewis you were paid to wipe out through extinction
Lewis you were paid to kill squirrels
Lewis you were paid to do the parade
Lewis you were paid to do nothing

is any of those what you were looking for???

Edwards you gave me headache. I think I did my summary already? :crying

Centurion do whatever you feel God tells you to do or you may likewise suggest to HIm

Still what was I trained and paid to do ?
Well, let's see.
Did you kill anyone?
Did you draw Combat Pay?
So, let's look at what you actually did. THAT, then is what you were paid for.

Last edited:
2.4: Do not make an inflammatory remark just to get a response. Address issues not personalities. Respect where people are in their spiritual walk, and respect all others in general. Respect where others are in their spiritual walk, do not disrupt the flow of discussion or act in a way that affects others negatively including when debating doctrinal issues, in the defense of the Christian faith, and in offering unwelcome spiritual advice.

If you all are looking for war? :rollingpin

Play nice guys

2.4: Do not make an inflammatory remark just to get a response. Address issues not personalities. Respect where people are in their spiritual walk, and respect all others in general. Respect where others are in their spiritual walk, do not disrupt the flow of discussion or act in a way that affects others negatively including when debating doctrinal issues, in the defense of the Christian faith, and in offering unwelcome spiritual advice.

If you all are looking for war? :rollingpin

Play nice guys
Someone stole your padlock:chin

Well let me put it this way, that is my opinion, and one of the good things about America is, I am allowed to have one. I am glad that I didn't have to kill anybody, but I was still trained to do so. And because I did not go to war does not make me any less of a veteran, I still served my country.

Well let me put it this way, that is my opinion, and one of the good things about America is, I am allowed to have one. I am glad that I didn't have to kill anybody, but I was still trained to do so. And because I did not go to war does not make me any less of a veteran, I still served my country.
what was your mos?

Try to be less touchy. No one ever knocked you because you didn't have to go to war. (Despite Rita's hasty assumption)
All I said was that, by your own admission, you were not a hit man. You spent your time simply performing your MOS, as most of us did. And that is what you were paid for. Quit trying to make military service some evil thing.

Try to be less touchy. No one ever knocked you because you didn't have to go to war. (Despite Rita's hasty assumption)
All I said was that, by your own admission, you were not a hit man. You spent your time simply performing your MOS, as most of us did. And that is what you were paid for. Quit trying to make military service some evil thing.
Wow I never thought of it that way, as far as being evil. And I did not know that, that is what you were thinking that I meant. I have never felt like that, I am glad to have served and would have went to war for my country, but thinking that we were evil never ever crossed my mind until you said it. I still say though, we are paid hit men, now if you link that to the Mafia or something, it is going to sound maybe in some minds evil, because of what the stigma of the words hit man brings, by the civilian mind set. My thing is, in the time of war I am to serve my country and if I have to kill you I will and I am being paid at the same time to do so, I can serve my country and support my wife and kids at the same time. So I am not using the words Hit Men in a bad way, but if you really, look at it, aren't I paid to kill ?

Wow I never thought of it that way, as far as being evil. And I did not know that, that is what you were thinking that I meant. I have never felt like that, I am glad to have served and would have went to war for my country, but thinking that we were evil never ever crossed my mind until you said it. I still say though, we are paid hit men, now if you link that to the Mafia or something, it is going to sound maybe in some minds evil, because of what the stigma of the words hit man brings, by the civilian mind set. My thing is, in the time of war I am to serve my country and if I have to kill you I will and I am being paid at the same time to do so, I can serve my country and support my wife and kids at the same time. So I am not using the words Hit Men in a bad way, but if you really, look at it, aren't I paid to kill ?
I'm beginning to feel a bit better about you.
But, I still think the choice of the term, "Hired Hit Man" was unnecessary. I think most of us would defend our country and loved ones with one dime in pay.

BTW......... that feeling is waning............................................ Why did you think it was necessary to say what I have BOLDED above? We do not just arbitrarily pick words to type.

BTW......... that feeling is waning............................................ Why did you think it was necessary to say what I have BOLDED above? We do not just arbitrarily pick words to type.
Look man if you don't agree with me that is fine, I am entitled to my opinion, I am not on this board to satisfy you. If you don't like how I feel there is nothing that I can do about it.

Look man if you don't agree with me that is fine, I am entitled to my opinion, I am not on this board to satisfy you. If you don't like how I feel there is nothing that I can do about it.
No problem. Just making sure I was correctly reading how you feel. I think I'm beginning to understand the "Hit Man" outlook a little better now.

Back