Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study should women wear head covering and men wear beards ? proof?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

thesaintman

can you say me it ? it says women should cover in 1 corinthians 11

what about beards? can you say me it.......

im trying to figure a way to be the most holy and pure.

certainly there is flaw in this theory that men should wear beards . and women should wear head coverings".

but then again the prophet john paul jackson .... god gave him this name.,

so the teachings of paul is true`?

but what about the beards ?

give me some clues hints and facts.

my opinion is that women should not cover them self.
men should not wear beards.

but prophet tb joshua does not have beard?

okay answer me......

where does it says you shall wear beard?

i think we shall be natural polished pure beauty.

im trying to figure a way to be the most holy and pure.

certainly there is flaw in this theory that men should wear beards . and women should wear head coverings".

but then again the prophet john paul jackson .... god gave him this name.,

so the teachings of paul is true`?

but what about the beards ?

give me some clues hints and facts.

my opinion is that women should not cover them self.
men should not wear beards.

but prophet tb joshua does not have beard?

okay answer me......

i think we shall be natural polished pure beauty.
Give scripture please.

thesaintman,

No one can deny that 1 Cor 11:1-16 is Scripture, and since it clearly teaches that women should cover their heads during worship, that should be the end of the matter. There are millions of Christian women who obey this commandment.

As to men wearing beards, there is no such injunction in the NT for Christian men. But the same passage says that men should not wear long hair, since that is for women.

1Co 11:15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.
God gave me my hair... as a covering, do i need a man made covering?

One has to understand what was happening in Corinth to properly regard head coverings for women. Certain cultist women were coming to the faith from Delphi. They had their heads shaved according to the rules of that cult. The Apostle Paul taught that these women had to have their heads covered since the were bald until their hair grew to an approved length. (longer than a mans). After that, long hair on a woman is the rule, no more head covering is necessary....Probably Deborah13 can tell you about the Oracle of Delphi.

Beards are simply a cultural thing. In history, clean shaved faces were the norm while at other times beards were "in". In the Old Covenant (OT) men with beards had to hold to certain rules like not shaving the corners, or making cultist marks.

One has to understand what was happening in Corinth to properly regard head coverings for women. Certain cultist women were coming to the faith from Delphi. They had their heads shaved according to the rules of that cult. The Apostle Paul taught that these women had to have their heads covered since the were bald until their hair grew to an approved length. (longer than a mans). After that, long hair on a woman is the rule, no more head covering is necessary....Probably Deborah13 can tell you about the Oracle of Delphi.

Beards are simply a cultural thing. In history, clean shaved faces were the norm while at other times beards were "in". In the Old Covenant (OT) men with beards had to hold to certain rules like not shaving the corners, or making cultist marks.
Thank you Chopper.
Cultural issues are difficult to decipher unless we study them first.
There are many cultural issues that have changed how we think about things over time.

okay answer me......

Lev 19:27 Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.​

Where does it say you can cut off your beard if you have one? If YHWH created you to have a beard, why would you want to destroy it? It is a cultural thing to destroy it, not to grow it.

There is a big difference between trimming your nails and removing them altogether. Men can trim their beards. They cannot destroy them and create baldness on there face.

YHWH did not command His people to use computers. Or to drive a car... Did He command the wearing of cotton.... He did not command the use of electricity ... I have not read God commanded His people to shave their legs....

So shaving completely removes ones hair? Never heard of that ...

I did not say the baldness from shaving was permanent. YHWH created men to be able to grow their beard back for a reason.

2 Sam.10:4,5 recounts the time when King David's men had half their beards shaved off by their enemies causing great shame. But notice what David said to do. He didn't tell them to shave off the other half so they wouldn't look ridiculous. He told them to wait in Jericho until their beards grew back and then return.

YHWH did not command His people to use computers. Or to drive a car... Did He command the wearing of cotton.... He did not command the use of electricity ... I have not read God commanded His people to shave their legs....

cotton is paper?

Back