Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Simple Thoughts On Promises

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Simple Thoughts On Promises- 16

In famine he will ransom you from death, and in battle from the stroke of the sword. (Job 5:20)

Even during recessions, the faithfulness of God doesn't change. He who sustained Isaac during the famine and gave him a 100 fold yield still lives and is able to take care of you and your family. Trust in his faithfulness.

I've heard all my life that "Promises are made to be broken." From what I've experienced all my life from others, I believe that most people live by that.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 17

Surely God does not reject a blameless man or strengthen the hands of evildoers. He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy. (Job 8:20,21)

Sometimes we may feel that God has rejected us and is strengthening the hands of evildoers. But those are just wrong feelings when we pass through bad times. His promise is that he will never leave us nor forsake us. Take heart. He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy.

Rev 3:5

5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment;
and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but
I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels. KJV

Something to contemplate upon day and night till this life is over!

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 18

You will be secure, because there is hope; you will look about you and take your rest in safety. (Job 11:18)

Our hope and security must be in Jesus Christ, not market analysis, expert opinions, intelligent forecasts & wisdom of the wise. All these are good upto an extent but what really matters for a child of God is his ability to trust in the faithfulness of his God.

jeremiah7 said:

You will be secure, because there is hope; you will look about you and take your rest in safety. (Job 11:18)
Wonderful is HOPE, also found in....

Rom 5:5
5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is
shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. KJV

Ret said:
jeremiah7 said:

Wonderful is HOPE, also found in....

Rom 5:5
5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is
shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. KJV

Yes Ret, Hope is what keeps us going. :amen

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 19

But those who suffer he delivers in their suffering; he speaks to them in their affliction. (Job 36:15)

Isn't it true that God speaks to us in our afflictions more than at other times? Suffering in our lives makes us think more about God and our relationship with him. Eventually when he delivers us from the suffering, we would have learnt more spiritual truths that would help us live as better Christians.

jeremiah7 said:

But those who suffer he delivers in their suffering; he speaks to them in their affliction. (Job 36:15)
True God does speak to us in our afflictions, in fact, He gives us to see our 'teachers' and to 'hear a word...saying, this is the way...!

Isa 30:20-21

20 And though the Lord give you the bread of adversity, and the water of affliction, yet shall not thy teachers be removed into a corner any more, but thine eyes shall see thy teachers:

21 And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left. KJV

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 20

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade--kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. (1 Peter 1:3-5)

If you have experienced the new birth in Jesus Christ, you have entered into a living hope and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade, kept in heaven for you. Nothing greater than this for anyone living on earth.

1 Cor 15:19-22

19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. KJV

Thank God that our HOPE rest in something much beyond this life..... :amen

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 21

You have filled my heart with greater joy than when their grain and new wine abound. (Psalm 4:7)

Material possessions can only give temporary joy and satisfaction. The joy that David here speaks of is one that he received because of his intimate relationship with God and God has promised that to each one of us. A Father- Child relationship with God can bring us that great joy.

Acts 2:44-45
44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men,
as every man had need. KJV

Example of what the early believers did, in hard times after the ascension of Christ.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 22

The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. (Psalm 9:9)

As believer's we all go through times when we feel distressed, lonely, leftout, despised, oppressed, troubled or depressed. Many such negative experiences make life difficult for us to live. During those times we can rely on this wonderful promise from the Psalms. Truly, the Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.

James 2:5
5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him? KJV

The poor in this world....who are rich in faith are HEIRS of the kingdom,
and receive the promises fulfilled....Wonderful!

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 23

Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you. (Psalm 9:10)

Yes! There's power in the name of Jesus. As Peter the Apostle said after a 40 year old lame man was healed at the temple..."It is Jesus' name and the faith that comes through him that has given this complete healing to him, as you can all see. (Acts 3:16)" Jesus' name and the faith that comes through him can save, heal and deliver even today. Believe.

Acts 2:38-39

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name
of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off,
even as many as the Lord our God shall call. KJV

Those whom are called of God are brought to repentance and forgiveness,
before they are aware of the promised gift.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 24

You, O LORD, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light. (Psalm 18:28)

Afraid that the enemy may extinguish your lamp i.e. your witness for Christ or anything good realted to your life. Fear not! Jesus will keep your lamp burning and turn your present darkness into light.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back