Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Simple Thoughts On Promises

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Simple Thoughts On Promises- 25

And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing. [Isaiah 10:27]

The Almighty God..El Shaddai is able to break every yoke that the evil one lays on our shoulder. The anointing of the Holy Spirit destroys every yoke with it's awesome power. We serve an awesome God.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 26

For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock. Then my head will be exalted above the enemies who surround me; at his tabernacle will I sacrifice with shouts of joy; I will sing and make music to the LORD (Psalm 27:5,6)

More of an affirmation of the psalmist's faith, yet a promise for those who trust in the protection and deliverance that the Lord gives to those who have put their faith in him. Safety, refuge, exaltation is from the Lord. Worship with praises and thanksgiving should be the right response.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 27

In the shelter of your presence you hide them from the intrigues of men; in your dwelling you keep them safe from accusing tongues. (Psalm 31:20)

God is a shelter for those who choose to take refuge in him. He hides them from the intrigues of men. If accusing tongues are what you are troubled with these days, this is the promise that you should hold on to for it says that God is able to keep you safe from them.

Matt 6:26

26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? KJV

When one forgets the tender care of the heavenly Father, that one also forgets
the care He gives to them is BETTER than what He gives to the birds of the air!

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 28

The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. (Psalm 34:18)

Brokenhearted and crushed in spirit? Call out to the Lord even if it be without words. He will bind the wounds of your mind and spirit and bring comfort to you. He is the Prince of Peace; he will give you the peace that passes all understanding.

jeremiah7 said:
Simple Thoughts On Promises- 28

The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. (Psalm 34:18)
Similar to the words of Jesus in....

Luke 4:18

18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, KJV

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 29

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you. (Psalm 32:8)

One of the greatest blessings of having Jesus as Savior in our life is that we don't have to live an aimless and unproductive life. He is there to instruct, to teach, to counsel and to watch over us at all times. Take the help of the Counsellor, the Holy Spirit. He is the Spirit of Truth and will guide you in all the right paths.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 30

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. (Matthew 6:33)

Jesus told his disciples that the right way to getting all the essential things that one needed to live here on earth was to first seek the kingdom of God and his righteousness. If you are doing that, blessed are you. If not, you need to take a new decision and you will see great many positive changes in your life.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 31

Consider the blameless, observe the upright; there is a future for the man of peace (Psalm 37:37)

Are you a man/woman of peace? The fragrance of Jesus in this dying world? You have a future in heaven for sure. Not only that; the presence of the Lord will accompany you all the days of your life. He will make you lie down in green pastures, he will lead you beside quiet waters, he will restore your soul and guide you in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 32

And call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me. (Psalm 50:15)

Suggestion, instruction, exhortation or command. Take it as you will; this verse speaks of God's immense love for you. He wants you to call upon him when you are in trouble, so that he can deliver you. He is God Almighty, your deliverer.

jeremiah7 said:

And call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me. (Psalm 50:15)
In the day of trouble, the evil of this life, as we call for help...He delivers, then we honor Him!

2 Tim 4:18

18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen. KJV

Ret said:
jeremiah7 said:

In the day of trouble, the evil of this life, as we call for help...He delivers, then we honor Him!

2 Tim 4:18

18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen. KJV

:amen

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 33

He sends from heaven and saves me, rebuking those who hotly pursue me; God sends his love and his faithfulness. (Psalm 57:3)

The enemy who is troubling you is a defeated foe. Your Savior Jesus shed his blood on the cross to destroy the devil's works. Remember, the battle is the Lord's and he will give you victory. Hold on to his promises with faith. Yes, the victory is yours.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 34

For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God. (2 Corinthians 1:20)

A promise regarding promises. The Bible says, "Not one of all the LORD's good promises to the house of Israel failed; every one was fulfilled." (Joshua 21:45) So be strong and courageous. Whatever God has promised you will also come to pass.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 35

My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you. (Psalm 63:5)

Have you been feeding your soul as much as you have been feeding your body? It's vital because God says, "Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God."While wordly pursuits bring only temporary satisfaction, feeding your soul with spiritual food will bring lasting satisfaction. Time for a new decision??

2 Chron 20:15 & 17

15 And he said, Hearken ye, all Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem, and thou king Jehoshaphat, Thus saith the LORD unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God's.

17 Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the LORD with you, O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be dismayed; to morrow go out against them: for the LORD will be with you. KJV [

Zech 4:6
This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts. KJV

In these illustrations from Old Testament scripture, God tells HE is involved!

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 36

He raises the poor from the dust and lifts the needy from the ash heap; he seats them with princes, with the princes of their people. (Psalms 113:7,8)

If you can't believe this verse, open your Bible and read about Joseph, Job, Mordecai, David and many others and you will see that it's true. It's no big deal for the Lord to change your financial situation if you are in dire straits. The Bible says, "If you believe, you will see the glory of God."

Eccl 7:14
14 When times are good, be happy;
but when times are bad, consider:
God has made the one as well as the other.
Therefore, a man cannot discover
anything about his future. NIV

God knows what I need better than I myself know.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back