Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

So, How's The Weather?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Raining again...ugg. At least it's better than snow.

Snow mostly melted off around here (all except out in the deep woods) over the weekend, finally back to some semblance of normal which is mid 30s for this time of year. Need to move back to Texas prespawn fishing has already started in the southern part of the state... :yes

I spoke too soon lol, mother nature decided to make it snow again. I have to admit though, it sort of looks pretty the way it's falling. All those big flakes out there remind me of a snow globe. :)

Great news in the latest weather report! It's supposed to be sunny and warm tommorrow. Looks like my prayers have been answered. :biggrin

You know, it figures that now since everything has melted off it is snowing again. :rolleyes I can't wait to hear what mister groundhog (Buckeye Chuck for us )has to say about this on Friday. Just hoping and praying that he doesn't see his shadow.

Well, all of the snow out there is melting again. I will be starting a status thread tomorrow of what all of our state groundhogs have to say about this. I'm really crossing my fingers on this one and hoping that Ohio's own Buckeye Chuck will not see his shadow and that spring will come early for us.:) (And yes I am well aware that it's just a legend and it has absolutely nothing to do with the weather itself, but just like Santa Claus and The Easter Bunny it's still fun!)

Wow, most days it's either snowing or raining outside. It's raining today. So far we only had about one day of sunshine.

Now we're supposed to get freezing rain. Man, things just keep going from bad to worse. :rolleyes It's supposed to do this all weekend. I sure hope that we can make it to church on Sunday morning.

I need to dunk my head in snow right now. Im guessing its 100 with high humidity.

Last edited:
I need to dunk my head in snow right now. Im guessing its 100 with high humidity.

Well we've got plenty of it here. The only problem is that this winter has been much too much cold for me to get outside and do what I really want to do...lucky dog lol :lol

It actually got warmer today and it started to rain. Most of the snow is melted now because of it. Hallelujah!

Northern Georiga, USA here - this has been one cold winter. 17F last night, not far from the record. We are expected to be at 63F by Sunday and that will feel very good.

Most homes in GA are heated by "Heat Pumps" and at such low temps the pumps can't really produce heat, so the electric heating elements take over - and electric bills will be awful this next cycle. Added to that, our heat ($250,000 home with two new systems to serve 1800 square feet) could not keep up - it was 68F in here this morning and the heat was doing all it could. This is the first time I've not had gas heat. I don't own the place and when I buy, the furnace will be gas. :0

Haha you had the heat all the way up to 68 and complain it "couldn't keep up?"

My heat is at 62 right now. When I first moved to WI I was asked what do the Cub scouts do when the winter survival camping trip has a forecast high temperature of 20 below?
Answer: postpone the trip until it gets cold. You can't learn winter survival skills when it's warm.

We have 4 seasons here, too: almost winter, winter, still winter, and construction.

Right now it's winter. Something like 13 for tonight's low. Balmy.

Back