Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

So, How's The Weather?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
The weather is: you guys are getting all my snow :angry:angry3

Give it back! You can't do anything with it, and it won't even stay around for you. The trend for many winters has been for my snow to go to the NE, where at least they have mountains that can take advantage of it. This latest pattern has pushed all the good storms too far south.

Lol, if you want it that bad you can have it. I don't have any problems with that at all.

Well today's weather report is that it's going to be sunny and in the fifties so I'm definitely planning on going outside today! :)

We have 4 seasons here in WI. Right now it's officially "still winter." The next season to follow is "construction," except right now the two are overlapping.

Construction season ends when it's "almost winter." Our fourth season here is, "winter."

Well, I'm glad that I got outside a couple of times today while I could. Rain is showing in the forecast for the next couple of days. Oh well, at least it's better than snow.

It's supposed to be Spring but it's going down to 17 degrees tonight here. More of the same this coming week.

400 miles north where it's been unusually the same as here the past several winters, they've been 20 degrees colder, or more. That's not normal either.

It's supposed to be Spring but it's going down to 17 degrees tonight here. More of the same this coming week.

400 miles north where it's been unusually the same as here the past several winters, they've been 20 degrees colder, or more. That's not normal either.

I agree with you on that. The fact that it's supposed to be spring that is. But except for the fact that we've had a little bit of sunshine here and there, we've mostly had cold rain and now we're back to snow again. Ugh!

Last night was 19, with 30 mph wind. How far below zero is that for a wind chill?

All the turkeys are back, and they sleep in the trees! I bet they're wishing they hadn't come back yet.

Didn't make it above freezing at all today.

Last night was 19, with 30 mph wind. How far below zero is that for a wind chill?

All the turkeys are back, and they sleep in the trees! I bet they're wishing they hadn't come back yet.

Didn't make it above freezing at all today.

Really? We have wild turkeys in our area too. We haven't seen them for awhile though. I didn't know that they slept in trees. I never saw them doing that before and I didn't think that they could get that high. Then again, I do believe that they can fly short distances right?

I didn't think they could fly at all. Then I heard this horrific sound and looking for it, I saw one flying up into a tree with 7 or 8 other turkeys looking on. One by one they each did the same.

I don't know how far they can fly but it must be a long way because they migrate. That's why you haven't seen them "in a while;" meaning before winter, right? They do not hibernate like bears.

Anyway my favorite ski hill has gotten 265 inches of snow this year and will be open into May.

It was about 35 with 30mph winds here yesterday that was cold enough, especially after Tuesday was almost 70 and rainy. Also had a small tornado Tuesday about 2 miles from our house that left us without power for about 5 hours while they replaced the power pole. We went to the movies to waste some time, didn't recognize any of the names so the wife chose "Game Night". (Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time watching this one, dialogue was crude and "pajama boyish". Some of the action scenes were OK but not enough to make up for the silly dialogue, I give it 1/2 star out of 5). We had flash flood warnings until about Noon yesterday and about 5 roads around us were closed for high water. I live up on a hill and only one road to get into town was open all the rest were closed. Supposed to be Partially sunny and mid 40s today, most if not all of the roads should be back open. This weather should have happened back in March not still be here in April...

Anyway my favorite ski hill has gotten 265 inches of snow this year and will be open into May.

Do they have "Cardboard Classics" (the sleds are of all designs and made from cardboard) on your sky hill? I used to live in "da UP" and we had them at Marquette Mountain every year, a good excuse to drink too much and act a fool. It was a big event with cars parked on both side of the 2 lane road going by the mountain backed up at least a mile in both directions...

I didn't think they could fly at all. Then I heard this horrific sound and looking for it, I saw one flying up into a tree with 7 or 8 other turkeys looking on. One by one they each did the same.

I don't know how far they can fly but it must be a long way because they migrate. That's why you haven't seen them "in a while;" meaning before winter, right? They do not hibernate like bears.

I didn't even know that they migrated to tell you the truth. I just haven't really seen them in a while because they very rarely even come into our yard anymore and it has been too cold, icky and wet for me to go outside and look for them. By the way Game Night is just what my friend and I were talking about seeing. I still want to see it because it sounds like something that we might actually enjoy.

Do they have "Cardboard Classics" (the sleds are of all designs and made from cardboard) on your sky hill? I used to live in "da UP" and we had them at Marquette Mountain every year, a good excuse to drink too much and act a fool. It was a big event with cars parked on both side of the 2 lane road going by the mountain backed up at least a mile in both directions...

Lol, I think that's a Marquette Mountain exclusive. They're still 100% open

Well we had beautiful sunshine today and we will tomorrow as well, right in the seventies. :) However I heard that we're supposed to get rain over the weekend and snow again next week. Ugh. :rolleyes At least I will be able to enjoy it while it lasts though.

Upper 60's yesterday with no wind...so I got out the charcoal and grilled up some pork chops.
Today was mid 70's but a stiff breeze.

I like spring.

It's snowing here, at the rate of 1" an hour. Forecast is 1-3". The last snow we had was also forecast to be 1-3" and I got 8". My favorite ski hill got 16" out of that, Green Bay got 2 feet. That's the biggest snowfall they've had since the 1880's!

Spring? What Spring?

It's snowing here, at the rate of 1" an hour. Forecast is 1-3". The last snow we had was also forecast to be 1-3" and I got 8". My favorite ski hill got 16" out of that, Green Bay got 2 feet. That's the biggest snowfall they've had since the 1880's!

Spring? What Spring?

Well we either got freezing rain, or it is currently sleeting out there.

Back