Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study SO YOU THINK YOU ARE SAVED.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
It is the tempter who is evil and the evil present with us.

Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. Romans 7:20-21

Sin is evil, and present with us.

Those who keep themselves the evil one does not touch them. 1 John 5:18

Resist the devil and he will flee from you. James 4:7

JLB

If you observe the "other" party involved, you'd understand "why" the flesh is contrary to and against the Spirit and why it will remain that way regardless of choices or analogies.

What other "party"?

Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. Romans 7:20

What other "party"?

Romans 7:17
Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

I appreciate how the construct is put together by the Holy Spirit. What Paul did NOT say was that sin "didn't do it."

Luke 14:26
If any
man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

No matter how any try to paint up the picture for their flesh JLB, the conclusions of The Word are not going to change.

The flesh is against and contrary to the Spirit, regardless.

Believers who are in the Spirit, will conclude and agree with the Spirit.

I have painted no picture for the flesh, that's seems to be your ministry.

Since that's all you talk about.

Those who have figured this out, have victory over the desires of the flesh, by spending their efforts being filled with the Spirit and yielding to the Spirit, not presenting their members as slaves for sin, but as slaves to righteousness.

The reason my flesh is a slave for righteousness is because I have dominion over it and the sin that dwells in it and the devil who try's to tempt me.

When you get beat up enough, and go round and round with this thing and cry out to God and get serious about then He will lead and guide you to do just what I'm sharing with you.

Until then, you will continue to make provision for the flesh, and to make excuses as to why you have no victory.

But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts. Romans 13:14

...as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, 2 Peter 1:3

JLB

Romans 7:17
Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

I appreciate how the construct is put together by the Holy Spirit. What Paul did NOT say was that sin "didn't do it."

It's plain as day, and has nothing to do with the devil.

It's sin that dwells in our flesh, not the devil.

Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. Romans 7:20

JLB

I have painted no picture for the flesh, that's seems to be your ministry.

Since that's all you talk about.

I'm not in the habit of letting sin indwelling the flesh off the hook.

Pretty sure Jesus was on the same page:

Romans 8:3
For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Believers can make any claims they please about how good the sin indwelling their flesh is. I'll take it as the mark of a fibber every single time.

Luke 14:26
If any
man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

That's why we become crucified to our life that we may walk in the NEWNESS OF LIFE.

4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. Romans 6:4

JLB

I'm not in the habit of letting sin indwelling the flesh off the hook.

Pretty sure Jesus was on the same page:

Romans 8:3
For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Believers can make any claims they please about how good the sin indwelling their flesh is. I'll take it as the mark of a fibber every single time.

I have never heard anyone say that the sin dwelling in their flesh is good?

You have be given dominion over the sin dwelling in your flesh.

It's up to you to exercise that dominion and walk in Victory.

But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts. Romans 13:14

JLB

That's why we become crucified to our life that we may walk in the NEWNESS OF LIFE.

4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. Romans 6:4

JLB

God in Christ condemned sin indwelling the flesh.

That mark of fact won't change for any performers.

When I hear believers claiming the obedience of sin indwelling their flesh, I really can only laugh at the depths of such deceit.

Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. Romans 7:20-21

Sin is evil, and present with us.

Those who keep themselves the evil one does not touch them. 1 John 5:18

Resist the devil and he will flee from you. James 4:7

JLB

These scripture came to mind when you said Satan can't touch us as God said do not touch mine anointed, 1Chronicles 16:20-22; Psalms 105:13-15. He can only touch us if (there's that if conjunction again) we allow him to. Satan could only tempt Job just as he tempted Jesus and both resisted those temptations.

God in Christ condemned sin indwelling the flesh.

That mark of fact won't change for any performers.

When I hear believers claiming the obedience of sin indwelling their flesh, I really can only laugh at the depths of such deceit.
Who has claimed the obedience of sin! Only those who have not Christ in them will be obedient to the sin that tempts the flesh as they will lust after it.

John 12:25
He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

What I was asking you is what Spiritually born-again Christian has ever claimed the obedience of sin. You said and I quote you "When I hear believers claiming the obedience of sin indwelling their flesh, I really can only laugh at the depths of such deceit."

What I was asking you is what Spiritually born-again Christian has ever claimed the obedience of sin. You said and I quote you "When I hear believers claiming the obedience of sin indwelling their flesh, I really can only laugh at the depths of such deceit."

Every believer who condemns indwelling sin on the basis of "if" is excusing it and covering it up.

A believer in the Spirit will accept the CONDEMNATION of Christ for the sin indwelling their flesh, and will not excuse it on the basis of "if."

This same sight is given to us in Gal. 5:17 by Paul.

There are no "if's."

Every believer who condemns indwelling sin on the basis of "if" is excusing it and covering it up.

A believer in the Spirit will accept the CONDEMNATION of Christ for the sin indwelling their flesh, and will not excuse it on the basis of "if."

This same sight is given to us in Gal. 5:17 by Paul.

There are no "if's."

What part of this do you not understand in Romans 8:1-10. There is no condemnation to those who walk in the Spirit for we are dead to the flesh and seek not to fall prey to sin. The flesh will sin, but the Spirit will not.

Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
Rom 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
Rom 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Hyper-Grace teaches that when you believe in Christ, that moment, all YOUR sin, past, present and future, without your confession of any sin, is forgiven...

Lets look at what Jesus said are the grounds for forgiveness.

3 Take heed to yourselves. If your brother sins against you, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him. 4 And if he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times in a day returns to you, saying, ‘I repent,’ you shall forgive him.” Luke 17:3-4

15 “Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother. 16 But if he will not hear, take with you one or two more, that ‘by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.’17 And if he refuses to hear them, tell it to the church. But if he refuses even to hear the church, let him be to you like a heathen and a tax collector. Matthew 18:15-17

The basis of having your sins forgiven is repenting.

We also know from the rest of the teaching from Matthew 18, that if we don't forgive from the heart, then neither will our heavenly Father forgive us.

So much so, that we can indeed be forgiven, then later have that very forgiveness revoked, and end up being punished for our sins.

32 Then his master, after he had called him, said to him, ‘You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you begged me. 33 Should you not also have had compassion on your fellow servant, just as I had pity on you?’ 34 And his master was angry, and delivered him to the torturers until he should pay all that was due to him.
35 “So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses.”
Matthew 18:32-35

Notice that the fellow servant, who owed him a hundred denarii, did humbled himself and ask for mercy, and time to pay the debt, which is the attitude of repentance, yet was given no mercy or forgiveness from the man who had just been forgiven the greater debt.

The Point: To expect to be forgiven, we need to confess our sins and repent.

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9

I don't find any scripture that says if we simply believe in Jesus Christ, all of our sins, past present and future are automatically forgiven at that moment, no matter how we continue to live our lives, and no matter if we never confess another sin.

JLB
That's a Home Run post there my friend. Bravo!!

Reactions: JLB
What part of this do you not understand in Romans 8:1-10. There is no condemnation to those who walk in the Spirit

Never said there was. The Spirit remains against the flesh and contrary to the flesh REGARDLESS.

for we are dead to the flesh and seek not to fall prey to sin. The flesh will sin, but the Spirit will not.

Sin indwells the flesh. There is no ridding the flesh of sin indwelling NOR is there eradication of evil present with us. Romans 7:17-21.

God in Christ saves sinners. That's all there is to the matter.

and simultaneously God in Christ remains against sin indwelling the flesh, evil present with us and condemns these workings in the flesh, REGARDLESS.

God in Christ saves sinners. That's all there is to the matter.

When a sinner is saved, and they turn back to the life of sin they once knew, then it would have been better for them if they had never known the way of righteousness.

20 For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. 21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. 22 But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog returns to his own vomit,” and, “a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.”

For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it...

Christians who have think [through false teachers] they can live any way they want and walk after the desires of the flesh, to gratify them, after they have repented and turned to God, and been washed in the precious blood of Jesus, will not inherit the Kingdom of God, and it will be better for unbelievers who have never known the way of righteousness, then for those who go back and serve the world, after being cleansed.

But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog returns to his own vomit,” and, “a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.”

JLB

Back