Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Some good Christian heavy metal bands

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I'm not sure if she was ever into hard rock, but she said that as a teenager she really loved several bands from that time. (I think the Cars was one?)
Now she's mainly into country-stylish music, particularly southern gospel or older country.

I'm not sure if she was ever into hard rock, but she said that as a teenager she really loved several bands from that time. (I think the Cars was one?)
Now she's mainly into country-stylish music, particularly southern gospel or older country.

questdriven:

I see; hers is more sort of the old singalong stuff, rather than your sort of loud, elemental rock and throaty, roaring lyrics, then.

Blessings.

A band I discovered just today--October Glory. They do at least some hard rock. Not sure what percentage of their songs are, but most of the ones I heard this evening were.
Think they're a newer group. They originated not too far from where I live (relatively speaking), is all I know.

A band I discovered just today--October Glory. They do at least some hard rock. Not sure what percentage of their songs are, but most of the ones I heard this evening were.
Think they're a newer group. They originated not too far from where I live (relatively speaking), is all I know.

questdriven:

Interesting.

Are their lyrics clearly Christian?

Blessings.

Anyhow, times are changing and many are abandoning that opinion. I joined a fundie church in 1989, and the first thing I asked the pastor was their position on rock. He was totally open to it and it wasn't many years before we were using it in worship even though it was the tamer stuff like Petra and Audio Adrenalin, which I love. That church still rocks out better than the one I attend now, but we still have a good band that uses worshipful rock.

Carolyn: Yes, well people can relax their former strictures to some extent. What we all need is to pursue conviction in the Scriptures, our guide, though not necessarily within the same, subjective, cultural parameters that might have been liked some 60 - 70 years ago.

Blessings.

AIR:

Ty.

Any particular tracks by Stryper?

Blessings.

"To Hell With The Devil" - One of their greatest hits & whole album is great!
[video=youtube;eREl9_etm0o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eREl9_etm0o[/video]

"The Way" - One of my favourite songs from Stryper!
[video=youtube;inoFPi1xaB8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inoFPi1xaB8[/video]

"Soldiers Under Command" - One of my favourite songs from Stryper!
[video=youtube;bRlsI3iIPdA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRlsI3iIPdA[/video]

"Calling On You" - One of their greatest hits!
[video=youtube;UI8ylsHKIMg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI8ylsHKIMg[/video]

Ty, AIR.

You know, I think maybe other band such as Red, for example, may have been influenced by Stryper.

Kind of hard rock sound, with a Christian challenge; similar idea.

Actually, I do think the sound quality is even being improved; for example, the quality of Red's Glass House is probably above what might have been technically possible in Stryper's day; dunno; maybe I'm wrong.

Whatever.

Thanks again.

Blessings.

Ty, AIR.

You know, I think maybe other band such as Red, for example, may have been influenced by Stryper.

Actually, I do think the sound quality is even being improved; for example, the quality of Red's Glass House is probably above what might have been technically possible in Stryper's day; dunno; maybe I'm wrong.

Whatever.

Thanks again.

Blessings.

There's also other great old school Christian bands such as Petra. I don't know a lot of that band but they're a Christian band, it's very 80s! Listen to this song

[video=youtube;_-Ux9Sp66b8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-Ux9Sp66b8[/video]

Can you link me song of Red?

Blessings

Ty, AIR.

Whatever.

Thanks again.

Blessings.

I'm also searching for band members to start a new Christian Heavy Metal band. A band that sounds like Iron maiden, Metallica & Stryper.

Back