Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Some good Christian heavy metal bands

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Red (heavy-metal influenced)

questdriven:

I was listening to Red's Forever, and there you really do have the hard rock sound, don't you.

The opening persussion and electric guitars give a strong start, and they fade in and out around the lyrics, and it suddenly ends as dramatically as it starts.

The words seem to be about the voice of conscience, conviction of sin, the new birth, inner joy and eternal life. Very good!

Blessings.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the other thread for_his_glory said: "Even though us fogies can't understand the words the youth do and that's what is important is the message these bands bring that gives glory and honor to the Lord in their witness of Christ."

Particularly when the doctrinal content is sound, which is not always the case, they are a means of communicating the message.

PS: Today I keep listening to Red: Forever.

It's really powerful stuff! :)

Good testimony words, too.

PS: Today I keep listening to Red: Forever.

It's really powerful stuff! :)

Good testimony words, too.
It is. :)

I think it fits parts of my testimony. That's probably one reason I like that one in particular. I like a lot of Red's songs, though. The first song I heard by them was Pieces. That one's softer than is normal for them, though.

Another thing I think attracts me to Red is that a lot of their songs are highly emotional--this really appeals to me, for some reason.

It is. :)

I think it fits parts of my testimony. That's probably one reason I like that one in particular. I like a lot of Red's songs, though. The first song I heard by them was Pieces. That one's softer than is normal for them, though.

Another thing I think attracts me to Red is that a lot of their songs are highly emotional--this really appeals to me, for some reason.

questdriven:

Well, thanks for drawing my attention to Red, Forever, anyhow.

To a Christian, the references of the lyrics are very clear, and the strong starts that the opening percussion and electric guitars give, seem to say: Listen to this! and then the percussion fades in and out around the lyrics. A nice touch at the end is when it suddenly ends as dramatically as it starts, isn't it?

This seems real hard rock & heavy metal. You have obviously found the style you really like.

The words seem to be about the voice of conscience, conviction of sin, the new birth, inner joy and eternal life.

(And I'll have to get to know other Red songs as well, including the one you mentioned just now.)

Blessings.

Someone mentioned to me one time that rock musicians must not have any talent because they don't use actual music notes.

Um...what? Just because they don't have a music stand in front of them doesn't mean they aren't using notes. :shrug I don't play guitar, but--correct me if I'm wrong, I believe you do use notes and chords on them. The concept isn't all that much different than piano keys, just arranged differently.
And there is even some things to drumming that you need to learn...I don't know much about playing drums, though.

Someone mentioned to me one time that rock musicians must not have any talent because they don't use actual music notes.

Um...what? Just because they don't have a music stand in front of them doesn't mean they aren't using notes. :shrug

questdriven:

Who was it that told you something like this?

Blessings.

questdriven:

Well, thanks for drawing my attention to Red, Forever, anyhow.

To a Christian, the references of the lyrics are very clear, and the strong starts that the opening percussion and electric guitars give, seem to say: Listen to this! and then the percussion fades in and out around the lyrics. A nice touch at the end is when it suddenly ends as dramatically as it starts, isn't it?

This seems real hard rock & heavy metal. You have obviously found the style you really like.

The words seem to be about the voice of conscience, conviction of sin, the new birth, inner joy and eternal life.

(And I'll have to get to know other Red songs as well, including the one you mentioned just now.)

Blessings.
Yup :)

questdriven:

Who was it that told you something like this?

Blessings.
I'd kinda rather not say who it was. ^^; They don't know all that much about the instruments used in rock, apparently.

My piano teacher told me that it's easy to learn the basics of guitar playing, but that there is music theory behind it and if you want to get into theory it takes more.

I'd kinda rather not say who it was. ^^; They don't know all that much about the instruments used in rock, apparently.

questdriven:

Don't want to know his/her name, of course; just wondered if s/he might have some kind of Fundamentalist cultural agenda (but no need to say, of course.)

Anyway, if you do go to art college, do you think you'll keep up as well, and develop, your interest in Christian hard rock? This might not fit your plans, but would your mom encouraged you to become a Christian rock musician yourself, maybe?

Blessings.

Yeah, they do. They've accepted that I like rock, they're just "not sure" about it.

It's hard to say. I seem to have kept up an interest in it for like a year and a half now.
I'm not sure what my mom would think of that. She might accept it, but she'd probably be embarrassed to tell her relatives about it...some of them have strong opinions on those things.

Yeah, they do. They've accepted that I like rock, they're just "not sure" about it.

It's hard to say. I seem to have kept up an interest in it for like a year and a half now.
I'm not sure what my mom would think of that. She might accept it, but she'd probably be embarrassed to tell her relatives about it...some of them have strong opinions on those things.

questdriven,

Oh well, if becoming a Christian rock musician as well as an art student isn't something that is seriously on the agenda for you, then I reckon it's no use crossing that bridge until you come to it.

I think you may have told folks on one of the threads that your mom bought you Skillet or Red CDs, or something, and might even admit to liking it a bit; but I don't really remember what you said.

But it would be a pity if, in the event that it was your chosen course, she didn't feel she could stand by you, never mind what some relatives might think; but I'm sure you have a good relationship with your mom.

Blessings.

Eh, I'm coming to a lot of opinions she doesn't agree with, and she's not sure what to think of it.

Eh, I'm coming to a lot of opinions she doesn't agree with, and she's not sure what to think of it.

questdriven:

Well, I'm sure she can still be a source of a lot of sensible advice, anyhow.

Regarding the Christian lyrics of a hard rock song like Red's Forever, I can certainly see how they can be a testimony.

It's also the case that people who are not Christians and get into the art world or the rock music scene, may soon end up thinking and doing things which are far from Biblical. The Lord gives us abilities, and tastes and preferences, and many of these are subjective, but as a guide the believer's situation is of being in the world but not of it. John's Epistle warns professing believers not to love the world, because in s/he who loves the world, 'the love of the Father is not in him' (1 John 2.15).

So I think it should be possible and profitable to get perspectives from various angles, many of them valid.

I hope that you will know the Lord's guidance about what you decide to do.

Blessings.

PS: questdriven:

I listened to Red's Pieces.

So different from Forever.

I like the words of Pieces; it's like you said a lot softer. Kind of contemporary /easy listening, type of Christian song, really.

However, Forever really is hard rock!

Blessings.

PS: questdriven:

I listened to Red's Pieces.

So different from Forever.

I like the words of Pieces; it's like you said a lot softer. Kind of contemporary /easy listening, type of Christian song, really.

However, Forever really is hard rock!

Blessings.
Gotta admit, I love both songs.
Probably the music they used for Pieces fit the mood they wanted best, too.

Gotta admit, I love both songs.
Probably the music they used for Pieces fit the mood they wanted best, too.

questdriven:

I'm sure this is true.

So are there any other of Red's songs with good lyrics that are in the hard rock /heavy metal style, that you really like?

Blessings.

Shadows, Fight Inside, Never Be the Same, Buried Beneath, Faceless, Lie to Me (Denial), Let It Burn, Who We Are, Best is Yet to Come, and Start Again.

Probably my top favorite is Best is Yet to Come. Mostly for the lyrics.

Not Alone is another soft one they did that I like.

Back