Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Some questions

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I wasn't clear, sorry. I wasn't referring to Daniel or Revelation directly.

In Ezekiel, which I used to believe was a description of the 1,000 yr reign, it says that there will be blood sacrifices for the atonement of sin in the future, during the millennium. If am to believe that Ezekiel is literal, as I was taught, then I have to also believe that there will be literal blood sacrifices for sin during the millennium while Jesus in on the earth, as well as those who lived through the tribulation and the saints.

I do not believe that will be something that God does, because it would be in direct conflict with the atonement by the shed blood of our Savior. I just can't reconcile that.
Does that mean all those left after the tribulation (Jew and Gentile alike) will be doing these sacrifices?
Why would that be? I thought Jesus' sacrifice at the cross was one time for all? And if one rejects Jesus there is no other sacrifice for sin, and yet Ezekiel says animal sacrifices will be reinstituted? Do you see my dilemma? How do you understand this?
You are right, only Jesus' blood is the atonement for sin; their daily sacrifice is of no value.

Last edited:
not sure what you are asking Eugene....
I would just think it was from when God John the words....via the angel :shrug
Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
Rev 1:2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.
Rev 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.
You're right too sis, but the time is told us in Revelation 1:10. "Rev 1:10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet. From that point in time John is given three vision view points; Revelation 1:19 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter, and they are written in that order. The Lord's Day, the Day of the Lord, and in that day begins when Jesus takes His own throne in Revelation 4:2.

What other book is so wonderfully written to give us this much to discuss ... :)

was in the Spirit on the Lord's day
past tense ?

I believe He is on the Throne... What a glorious Book on that i am sure we agree :)

What other book is so wonderfully written to give us this much to discuss ... :)

past tense ?

I believe He is on the Throne... What a glorious Book on that i am sure we agree :)
Mat 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

Heb 8:1 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;

Heb 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

There will be two thrones. Rev 22:3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

I don't think satan is in heaven accusing us before God.
I think he accuses us to us. he lies to us, trying to steal our faith and confidence in the faithfulness of Jesus for our salvation.

I don't see what good it would do him to accuse us before God. We are covered by the blood and sealed by the Holy Spirit. God looks at us in the righteousness of the Son.

You are correct, satan has been cast out of heaven, And because the Lord has already Judged the world, He will no longer hear satan's accusation. But he still has power over the flesh, and as you put it, he accuses us to us. The spirit of this world accuses us of our shortcomings, reminds us of our sins, and guilt's us into confessing our dead sins because we have been given access to the throne of God, and causes us to crucify Jesus to ourselves again, and put him to open shame (Heb 6:6). We do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, powers and spiritual wickedness in high places. Satan, our accuser, and the law gives him his authority. I would be remiss if I did not point out one thing about our accuser, and that is Jesus said you have one who accuses you, even Moses in whom you trust (John 5:45).

This may just be my wishful thinking, but I think Jesus crying out "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me" was a statement, not a question. If it was a moment of weakness and pain, why say it in Hebrew? Psalm 22 was written in Hebrew. Why did he say word for word the opening line of Psalm 22?

My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
Why are you so far from saving me,
so far from my cries of anguish?
2 My God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer,
by night, but I find no rest.[b]
3 Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One;
you are the one Israel praises.[c]
4 In you our ancestors put their trust;
they trusted and you delivered them.
5 To you they cried out and were saved;
in you they trusted and were not put to shame.
6 But I am a worm and not a man,
scorned by everyone, despised by the people.
7 All who see me mock me;
they hurl insults, shaking their heads.
8 “He trusts in the Lord,” they say,
“let the Lord rescue him.
Let him deliver him,
since he delights in him.”
9 Yet you brought me out of the womb;
you made me trust in you, even at my mother’s breast.
10 From birth I was cast on you;
from my mother’s womb you have been my God.
11 Do not be far from me,
for trouble is near
and there is no one to help.
12 Many bulls surround me;
strong bulls of Bashan encircle me.
13 Roaring lions that tear their prey
open their mouths wide against me.
14 I am poured out like water,
and all my bones are out of joint.
My heart has turned to wax;
it has melted within me.
15 My mouth[d] is dried up like a potsherd,
and my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth;
you lay me in the dust of death.
16 Dogs surround me,
a pack of villains encircles me;
they pierce[e] my hands and my feet.
17 All my bones are on display;
people stare and gloat over me.
18 They divide my clothes among them
and cast lots for my garment.
19 But you, Lord, do not be far from me.
You are my strength; come quickly to help me.
20 Deliver me from the sword,
my precious life from the power of the dogs.
21 Rescue me from the mouth of the lions;
save me from the horns of the wild oxen.
22 I will declare your name to my people;
in the assembly I will praise you.
23 You who fear the Lord, praise him!
All you descendants of Jacob, honor him!
Revere him, all you descendants of Israel!
24 For he has not despised or scorned
the suffering of the afflicted one;
he has not hidden his face from him
but has listened to his cry for help.
25 From you comes the theme of my praise in the great assembly;
before those who fear you[f] I will fulfill my vows.
26 The poor will eat and be satisfied;
those who seek the Lord will praise him—
may your hearts live forever!
27 All the ends of the earth
will remember and turn to the Lord,
and all the families of the nations
will bow down before him,
28 for dominion belongs to the Lord
and he rules over the nations.
29 All the rich of the earth will feast and worship;
all who go down to the dust will kneel before him—
those who cannot keep themselves alive.
30 Posterity will serve him;
future generations will be told about the Lord.
31 They will proclaim his righteousness,
declaring to a people yet unborn:
He has done it!

I've heard that was when the sins of the world were cast upon Jesus, but even if that is true, to me though he was in great pain that was a victory cry! Jesus was saying "Don't you see what is happening! What you are seeing is the prophecy of psalm 22 happening as we speak, they will cast lot's for my clothing in just a few moments!" Psalm 22:24 goes on to say "For He has not despised or scorned the suffering of the afflicted one; he has not hidden his face from him but has listened to his cry for help"
I'm not sure where Satan fits in there though.

Last edited:
This may just be my wishful thinking, but I think Jesus crying out "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me" was a statement, not a question. If it was a moment of weakness and pain, why say it in Hebrew? Psalm 22 was written in Hebrew. Why did he say word for word the opening line of Psalm 22?

My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
Why are you so far from saving me,
so far from my cries of anguish?
2 My God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer,
by night, but I find no rest.[b]
3 Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One;
you are the one Israel praises.[c]
4 In you our ancestors put their trust;
they trusted and you delivered them.
5 To you they cried out and were saved;
in you they trusted and were not put to shame.
6 But I am a worm and not a man,
scorned by everyone, despised by the people.
7 All who see me mock me;
they hurl insults, shaking their heads.
8 “He trusts in the Lord,” they say,
“let the Lord rescue him.
Let him deliver him,
since he delights in him.”
9 Yet you brought me out of the womb;
you made me trust in you, even at my mother’s breast.
10 From birth I was cast on you;
from my mother’s womb you have been my God.
11 Do not be far from me,
for trouble is near
and there is no one to help.
12 Many bulls surround me;
strong bulls of Bashan encircle me.
13 Roaring lions that tear their prey
open their mouths wide against me.
14 I am poured out like water,
and all my bones are out of joint.
My heart has turned to wax;
it has melted within me.
15 My mouth[d] is dried up like a potsherd,
and my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth;
you lay me in the dust of death.
16 Dogs surround me,
a pack of villains encircles me;
they pierce[e] my hands and my feet.
17 All my bones are on display;
people stare and gloat over me.
18 They divide my clothes among them
and cast lots for my garment.
19 But you, Lord, do not be far from me.
You are my strength; come quickly to help me.
20 Deliver me from the sword,
my precious life from the power of the dogs.
21 Rescue me from the mouth of the lions;
save me from the horns of the wild oxen.
22 I will declare your name to my people;
in the assembly I will praise you.
23 You who fear the Lord, praise him!
All you descendants of Jacob, honor him!
Revere him, all you descendants of Israel!
24 For he has not despised or scorned
the suffering of the afflicted one;
he has not hidden his face from him
but has listened to his cry for help.
25 From you comes the theme of my praise in the great assembly;
before those who fear you[f] I will fulfill my vows.
26 The poor will eat and be satisfied;
those who seek the Lord will praise him—
may your hearts live forever!
27 All the ends of the earth
will remember and turn to the Lord,
and all the families of the nations
will bow down before him,
28 for dominion belongs to the Lord
and he rules over the nations.
29 All the rich of the earth will feast and worship;
all who go down to the dust will kneel before him—
those who cannot keep themselves alive.
30 Posterity will serve him;
future generations will be told about the Lord.
31 They will proclaim his righteousness,
declaring to a people yet unborn:
He has done it!

I've heard that was when the sins of the world were cast upon Jesus, but even if that is true, to me though he was in great pain that was a victory cry! Jesus was saying "Don't you see what is happening! What you are seeing is the prophecy of psalm 22 happening as we speak, they will cast lot's for my clothing in just a few moments!" Psalm 22:24 goes on to say "For He has not despised or scorned the suffering of the afflicted one; he has not hidden his face from him but has listened to his cry for help"
I'm not sure where Satan fits in there though.

Vaccine, I think you make a very good point. Those words should have sent the Jews who were schooled in the scriptures to this Psalm. If they did, they would have seen the clear prophecy of Him and believed.
Even though He suffered so much as the Son of Man, bearing the sin of man, in Ps 22:31 "He has done it!", yes victory.

Which I think is also the very point of the scripture John 5:45 that ezrider points out in his post.

I would be remiss if I did not point out one thing about our accuser, and that is Jesus said you have one who accuses you, even Moses in whom you trust (John 5:45).

Jesus spoke these words to the Jews in the temple.
I believe that these words were spoke to point them to the scriptures, the Torah written by Moses, from Genesis to Deut.. Moses spoke of Jesus throughout the Torah. I do not believe that He is saying that Moses is accusing believers to God of sin but that his writings accused the Jews, who had the Torah, of one sin, unbelief in Him. I believe that, that is what the Holy Spirit did/does since Pentecost. John 16:9.

You are correct, satan has been cast out of heaven, And because the Lord has already Judged the world, He will no longer hear satan's accusation. But he still has power over the flesh, and as you put it, he accuses us to us. The spirit of this world accuses us of our shortcomings, reminds us of our sins, and guilt's us into confessing our dead sins because we have been given access to the throne of God, and causes us to crucify Jesus to ourselves again, and put him to open shame (Heb 6:6). We do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, powers and spiritual wickedness in high places. Satan, our accuser, and the law gives him his authority. I would be remiss if I did not point out one thing about our accuser, and that is Jesus said you have one who accuses you, even Moses in whom you trust (John 5:45).

Thank you for your response. I have thoughts on Heb 6:6 but I will not comment in this thread, I'd go to far off topic I think.
I've never thought about the law giving satan authority, I'll have to look for scripture on that one.
We do agree on some things for sure.
Blessings

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back