Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Something Big is about to happen

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

tim-from-pa

So said Alex Jones, although I understand not too many here are into conspiracy stuff and that was not my intent. But what grabbed my attention is now O'Reily on the Factor was saying the same thing. BOTH men haven't the faintest idea what it is or what it will involve, whether economic, war, governments or maybe a combination. But in the former case Alex said "everyone" he talked to feels that 'something is about to change' or something 'fundamentally shifted' world-wide.

I really think this is an end-time topic, but a grab-for-all type topic where anything goes, I guess. My thought is that even the carnal mind may sense a spiritual shift in the atmosphere; a foreboding that Satan will soon be cast out and his time is short so-to-speak, and maybe something from heaven will come to earth soon.

I open the floor for comments ----

Actually, I was just thinking today it must be time for another economic downturn. You know, part of the 'normal' cycle of the economic yoyo. I wonder what criminal corporation is going to crash it this time....you know....as part of the 'normal' up and down cycle of economic activity. :rolleyes

I guess each time this happens the government is going to play a bigger and bigger role in bailing everybody out until that fateful time when the anti-christ does his ultimate bailout.

I guess I should also add, besides your thoughts on what will happen, I guess I'm asking if you (all) sense it as well, like something is "off" lately? Perhaps an uneasy, ominous feeling or whatever?

Something Big is about to happen.

So said Alex Jones, although I understand not too many here are into conspiracy stuff..
Conspiracy/conspired is a biblical word, appearing 35 times.
...now O'Reily on the Factor was saying the same thing.
I've done the research. Jones is what is known as "controlled opposition." IOW, he works for the same people who run the planet, albeit for a season i.e. the bankers.

That the two talking heads would say the same thing is nothing more than predictive programming. They always tell you it's coming, before it comes.

Here's a spiritual reality. The Lord will always reveal the truth of a matter at least ONCE, to the diligent truth seeker. Regardless that the truth is found in the lower left corner of page 49 of the Sunday Newspaper, the onus of due diligence remains on us. Meanwhile, Satan, accusing us before the Father day and night (Rev. 12:10), can now say, "I told you so," and his accusation now shifts from "false" to "justified" -- because the truth was indeed made known.
I really think this is an end-time topic, but a grab-for-all type topic where anything goes, I guess. My thought is that even the carnal mind may sense a spiritual shift in the atmosphere; a foreboding that Satan will soon be cast out and his time is short so-to-speak, and maybe something from heaven will come to earth soon.
I wish it were true (the fly-away-to-safety pre-trib "rapture" theory). But it's not.

God's judgment is about to fall on USA Inc. I've seen it; the Lord has shown some of it to me. It's coming.

It truly breaks my heart -- sometimes it's too much to bear -- to see God's people being destroyed for lack of knowledge. They always cry out for justice, but none will be forthcoming because virtually no one is willing to do what it takes to be in obedience to the King.

So now the so-called Christians are vacillating in a holding pattern, trying to hold out before they too lose their very lives, twisting scripture to justify their selfishness while living their remaining time in fear. Yet, there is always hope. God always makes a way where there seems to be no way. It is the essence of faith. Trust him, seek him out, and he will guide your path.

What's to discuss -- other than to commiserate about the pickle we're in? Well, yes, there is hope -- IF we REPENT, God will restore, and he will heal our land. That’s all it would take. Let’s say, the people (at USA, in particular) take one day off, just one day, from the president all the way down to the street sweeper, we all agree to take just one day off and repent. How likely do you think that is gonna happen? Well, then, you’d better prepare for the coming persecution, because it is even at the door.

Make no mistake, God’s judgment is about to fall on the children of disobedience. Do not be found among them.

Make no mistake, God’s judgment is about to fall on the children of disobedience. Do not be found among them.
This could well be the reason for the sense of impending doom among some. But the Blessed Hope of the believer is indeed the Rapture before God's wrath comes upon the ungodly.

For Christians, it is still the Day of Grace for all mankind, therefore our focus must be on getting the Gospel out to all, and on holding fast to the truth of God's Word

God's judgment is about to fall on USA Inc. I've seen it; the Lord has shown some of it to me. It's coming.

I definitely believe this, and have preached it several times. I've always been committed to individual righteousness and reclaiming morality from the bottom up, one person at a time. Today, the forces working from the top down are evil and overwhelming. We have to recall Elijah's mission of training up a generation of "sons of the prophets" and be concerned about preserving a righteous remnant.

That big thing coming is the "Rapture Of The Church".

Yes the Resurrection of the dead in Christ, then just afterwards the Rapture, will occur soon...

Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.
1 Thessalonians 4:17

The Lord will appear, with all His saints and His holy angels.

However, until that time....

JLB

No doubt... it's all about to come to a head. God will use it to create praying people once again, He will shake us from sleep, rip us from complacency, and strengthen His church with the blood of the martyrs. Great evil can be used for great good. It's hard to be prayerful and prophetic when our entire Christianity is based upon warming a padded pew and putting God on the backburner for our favorite forms of entertainment and idolatry. I bet flames of prayer will light heaven up when there are swords under necks and hungers in bellies.

I think we will see civilian roundups and resettlement, many people will be executed and "re-educated" shortly after they're named as terrorists. An outpouring of immortality has desensitized a generation, there are hearts so cold that killing fellow men is no different than playing it in a video game.

But it isn't all bad. This won't be a popular thing for me to say, but I think we will see prophetic and apostolic men and women come from ISIS. There will be Damascus Road experiences for Muslims, and those Muslims will evangelize Islam before the end. Where Satan is raising up an army, God is building up Pauls. Glory to God.

God will always separate the wheat from the tares. Heaven may likely gain many martyrs in times to come, it's appointed for all men to die. And from the prayers and sacrifices and brokenness of coming times God will work many miracles, reach the presently unreachable men, the hardened atheists who are seeing prophecy fulfilled, the Muslims who see God in their victims, the lukewarm who willingly lay down their lives for His sake, God will be glorified in the end. The day they hear His voice in such a way, they will not harden their hearts... many may die, but they will die free, their chains broken, and awaken on the right side of eternity.

No doubt... it's all about to come to a head. God will use it to create praying people once again, He will shake us from sleep, rip us from complacency, and strengthen His church with the blood of the martyrs. Great evil can be used for great good. It's hard to be prayerful and prophetic when our entire Christianity is based upon warming a padded pew and putting God on the backburner for our favorite forms of entertainment and idolatry. I bet flames of prayer will light heaven up when there are swords under necks and hungers in bellies.

I think we will see civilian roundups and resettlement, many people will be executed and "re-educated" shortly after they're named as terrorists. An outpouring of immortality has desensitized a generation, there are hearts so cold that killing fellow men is no different than playing it in a video game.

But it isn't all bad. This won't be a popular thing for me to say, but I think we will see prophetic and apostolic men and women come from ISIS. There will be Damascus Road experiences for Muslims, and those Muslims will evangelize Islam before the end. Where Satan is raising up an army, God is building up Pauls. Glory to God.

God will always separate the wheat from the tares. Heaven may likely gain many martyrs in times to come, it's appointed for all men to die. And from the prayers and sacrifices and brokenness of coming times God will work many miracles, reach the presently unreachable men, the hardened atheists who are seeing prophecy fulfilled, the Muslims who see God in their victims, the lukewarm who willingly lay down their lives for His sake, God will be glorified in the end. The day they hear His voice in such a way, they will not harden their hearts... many may die, but they will die free, their chains broken, and awaken on the right side of eternity.

People forget that Paul was an extremely zealous religious fanatic that consented to the death of Stephen and persecuted the Church.

When God turns people like that, they are unstoppable and will die serving the Lord.

It takes people with that mindset, to reach the Jews and Muslims.

JLB

But the Blessed Hope of the believer is indeed the Rapture before God's wrath comes upon the ungodly.
Our Blessed Hope is Jesus Christ himself (not the “rapture”), as per scripture. Jesus Christ himself prayed to the Father against taking out the believers (John 17:15), as we’re to be shining our light into this world of darkness -- right up to the end.

God’s wrath is reserved for the children of disobedience, as per scripture. The obedient are guided through it, not evacuated from it.
For Christians, it is still the Day of Grace for all mankind, therefore our focus must be on getting the Gospel out to all, and on holding fast to the truth of God's Word
Agreed. However, the problem is that men in bondage make poor witnesses. There are “sins unto (physical) death,” and we are up to our necks in those sins. Repentance now cannot be overstated. Come out of the foul system.

Here’s some real world advice. Pay off your debts, people. Settle the mortgage, settle the credit cards . Get out of debt bondage NOW -- even if that means taking a “loss.” That loss will be minor compared to what awaits you if you wait any longer. Debtor’s prison and asset forfeiture, in all its grisly wealth confiscation forms, have returned. Even your retirement accounts are about to be looted. Get away from the target area$.
I definitely believe this, and have preached it several times. I've always been committed to individual righteousness and reclaiming morality from the bottom up, one person at a time.
Indeed. If I sojourn to Sweden, for example, I should be able to walk in to any fellowship of the brethren there and find that same Jesus Christ there as I find with my brethren here. We all agree that the word of God is the bottom line, and NO man or denomination calls the shots.
Today, the forces working from the top down are evil and overwhelming. We have to recall Elijah's mission of training up a generation of "sons of the prophets" and be concerned about preserving a righteous remnant.
Amen, amen!
Yes the Resurrection of the dead in Christ, then just afterwards the Rapture, will occur soon...

Then we who are alive and remain...
Indeed. And the word “remain” means survive ala ‘Then we who are alive and survive...’
However, until that time....
This is our time, folks. This is our time to DO what the Lord has told us to do. Please ask him, NOW, what he would have you to do. And pray for the courage to then DO what he has told you to do.
No doubt... it's all about to come to a head. God will use it to create praying people once again, He will shake us from sleep, rip us from complacency, and strengthen His church with the blood of the martyrs.
Yes, there will be bloodshed. For example, my wife’s born again friend had been told by the Lord that she will be martyred/killed for her faith. How many of us have the luxury of foreknowing that? Do not be afraid! There is a far worse thing than physical death. The spirit of fear is one of Satan’s boys; do not consent to it!

And how did they overcome Satan?

And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death (Rev. 12:11).
Great evil can be used for great good. It's hard to be prayerful and prophetic when our entire Christianity is based upon warming a padded pew and putting God on the backburner for our favorite forms of entertainment and idolatry.
Christianity is a label; born again is an action. This is a call to action.
I bet flames of prayer will light heaven up when there are swords under necks and hungers in bellies.
Amen! They will! We have God’s word on it. If believers singing praises can move God to ambush their enemies and destroy each other (2 Chron. 20:22, 23), what more will he do for his spiritual warriors?
Indeed. (So let us dump the video games!) For many, the much easier path offered by the harlot church will undoubtedly have more appeal than a brutal martyrdom and the very real possibility of seeing one's family starved, imprisoned, or worse. The way of the true born again believer has always been personified more by the martyrs of the Roman Coliseum than the credit card laden modern church of the Mercedes-Benz.

America is under judgment, and that judgment will begin at the house of God. God is not mocked and he WILL clean house in whatever fashion he sees fit.

God will always separate the wheat from the tares. Heaven may likely gain many martyrs in times to come, it's appointed for all men to die.... many may die, but they will die free, their chains broken, and awaken on the right side of eternity.
In the meantime, it is a prudent course of action to continue to warn all who will listen that the great threshing floor is immediately in front of us. I believe the tribulation has begun, and the wheat and the tares will both be in it -- all the way to the harvest. While many just shrug it off and say 'God will provide,' it may be that God has been telling believers to prepare for those days. (Just because your pastor or spiritual mentor preaches the pre-trib 'rapture' doesn't mean it's true.) The tribulation has arrived and I urge all believers to prepare NOW.

Store some food. Save some water. Think in terms of survival in a physical sense. Sleeping bags and blankets are always in demand during difficult times. During natural calamities such as floods and earthquakes, relief agencies always need medicine, food, and clothing. Almost anyone can afford basic camping supplies. There is much that you can do -- even on a limited budget.
People forget that Paul was an extremely zealous religious fanatic that consented to the death of Stephen and persecuted the Church.

When God turns people like that, they are unstoppable and will die serving the Lord.

It takes people with that mindset, to reach the Jews and Muslims.
It also takes that mindset to reach those who would believe they are free, when they are not.

Let me tell y'all some of my feelings, and no, Reba, I'm not scared. At least not now, but maybe as a kid I was.

I always had ominous feelings like something was going to happen worldwide. By those feelings I mean the same type a parent gets when something with their kid is "not right" and a certain queasiness. In the 1960's as a child in elementary school, I had anxieties. Now, looking back, I suspect I was empathetic and picked up on other feelings, not mine (and maybe as most kids a tad malnourished making more sickly then). That was the hippy days with civil rights, protests, Vietnam war, etc. In the early 70's this branched out to expecting Christ's return since a lot was happening in Israel. However, I remember the 1970's (being a teenager then) the happiest times of my life and well worth reminiscing despite the oil embargo of 1973 and the poor economic times and threats of wars even then. So I was not picking up any vibes around then so-to-speak.

But then in 1979 something fundamentally changed. If you're into the Great Pyramid prophetic chronology that year (or there abouts) is one of the years in its timeline, but this was BEFORE I even knew about the pyramid I knew that something shifted then. Something behind the scenes spiritually. I searched the Internet and found nothing super substantial other than the fact that 1979 was the year of the makings of the start of the 21st century. We had Iran, Ayatollah and the take-over that my aunt and uncle had to flee for their lives. This was the taking off of what's happening in the middle east today, terrorism, etc. I personally believe these terrorist and ISIS groups and similar will align with the King of the South in end times.

Fast forward. My next big feeling about something being off was my comment as to how thinking was changed. Less than a decade ago, I made the comment "Ever since the 1990's, and especially since 911, I've seen a radical change in the way people think in this nation." And now today, may I add it really took off changing radically in the last 5 years or so. The last 5 years or so we know who was in office. In the 1990's it was the Clintons, the forerunners of today. Now maybe there's a lot of talk about the lunar tetrad, so then that opened me (I must admit) to expecting these ominous feelings, starting about in 2011 with the UFO over the temple mount, followed 2 months later by an exponential increase in sky trumpet sounds, and also 2012 talk. So by 2014 and 2015 I was well prepped to sense other things I suppose. 2011 was a weird year. I even had inexplicable facial paralysis on one side but I just left it go heal on its own (that darned #7 nerve). I was not sick nor felt sick, just paralysed for about 2 months whatever caused it.

It just seems things are getting weirder and weirder, and now it's like something big is about to happen again (and maybe even bigger than the stuff before).

So what was the last 'something big' that happened?

It depends what you consider as "big". If only the earth splitting in 2 because of an asteroid, then no, nothing like that has happened yet in recorded history.

Based on my last comment, I detected that 1979 was a shift behind the scenes, like a pot starting to boil but not much overt to detect. call it spiritual warfare or whatever.

But since the 1990's, I do see a big shift in thinking, specifically morality in this generation which seems to becoming more crooked by the day. It also infiltrates our economic system, the political system, our laws, and our mores. To give an example, I am dealing with the many large corporate interests where they want to put a big gas pipeline 300' from my house. I will force them to use eminent domain, but the point is that the constitution is being trampled on by redefining the scope of such concepts as eminent domain (it's supposed to be for public use, not corporate greedy interests for $$$ to export overseas at my expense) but this generation is so crooked that they think this is normal.

The fact that this nation no longer tolerates much of biblical Christianity (except they marry anyone they want, I'll pick my sheep), that people just allow governments to do what they want, and that big corporations, such as Pharmaceuticals are making money off of people is a big shift to me and qualifies for something big, although not at once. I don't know this "America" any longer and I don't remember it this way. And this is all worldwide as well. May be coming to a one-world government or some new world order which without having to say, will not benefit the common guy, that's for sure.

Neverending that in china.that commie state .the church grows or in Cuba how hungry they are as well.local station had a fundraiser to support a sister station to expand its signal in cuba.ignore that Africa the church is growing the fastest.perspective anyone?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back