Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Sons Of God, Giants & The New World Order - Pt 1

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Just wondering, perhaps as a less controversial place to start whether all of us agree that angelic beings can firstly interact with the physical world, and secondly, take on a physical form (if temporary?)...

Free has a point.

He does not have a point. I just now looked that up in the concordance and it says, Divine Ones, Gods, da da da. The Master in that verse is a man, but not the judges. He is wrong.

I think was intended to be more of a study thread for those who believe it than a debate thread for those who don't. ??

Last edited:
He does not have a point. I just now looked that up in the concordance and it says, Divine Ones, Gods, da da da. The Master in that verse is a man, but not the judges. He is wrong.
Don't look something up in one concordance and then think you have the truth. Use multiple Bibles, concordances, lexicons, and dictionaries. Your view is, as far as I can tell, a minority view. All the concordances I looked up state that men are being referred to in Ps. 82:6. And that is clearly supported by Jesus's statement and what is said in Exodus.

I think was intended to be more of a study thread for those who believe it than a debate thread for those who don't. ??
If something is error, why study it as though it is truth?

The word for God ,there makes Jesus a liar as Jesus the law said you are Gods,the jews sought to kill Jesus because he said he was the son of God,not a master.

Psalms 83.

The Hebrews were called God father long before the new testament.it's In their prayers in many of their feasts.

The word for God ,there makes Jesus a liar as Jesus the law said you are Gods,the jews sought to kill Jesus because he said he was the son of God,not a master.

Psalms 83.

The Hebrews were called God father long before the new testament.it's In their prayers in many of their feasts.

He did say that, didn't He?! Maybe we are gods? We were created in His image, in His likeness...and are His body...and who knows? If we were to be able to walk with God close enough to take on His character and heart...maybe we could do some godly things? It's hard to overcome the flesh though.

He did say that, didn't He?! Maybe we are gods? We were created in His image, in His likeness...and are His body...and who knows? If we were to be able to walk with God close enough to take on His character and heart...maybe we could do some godly things? It's hard to overcome the flesh though.
The concept and subject are another thread,but the idea of that is in the tanach, thus free's point isn't moot

I have read (but not finished) the Unseen Realm by Michael S Heiser...

Very interesting on all topics touched on above.

Michael S. Heiser
The Unseen Realm: Recovering the Supernatural Worldview of the Bible

In The Unseen Realm, Dr. Michael Heiser examines the ancient context of Scripture, explaining how its supernatural worldview can help us grow in our understanding of God. He illuminates intriguing and amazing passages of the Bible that have been hiding in plain sight. You'll find yourself engaged in an enthusiastic pursuit of the truth, resulting in a new appreciation for God's Word.
  • Why wasn't Eve surprised when the serpent spoke to her?
  • How did descendants of the Nephilim survive the flood?
  • Why did Jacob fuse Yahweh and his Angel together in his prayer?
  • Who are the assembly of divine beings that God presides over?
  • In what way do those beings participate in God's decisions?
  • Why do Peter and Jude promote belief in imprisoned spirits?
  • Why does Paul describe evil spirits in terms of geographical rulership?
  • Who are the "glorious ones" that even angels dare not rebuke?

Sons of God is used many times in scripture to refer to men (not angels) such as Genesis 5:1, 2 and Luke 3:38 calling Adam the son of God.

This is the book of the genealogy of Adam. In the day that God created man, He made him in the likeness of God. 2 He created them male and female, and blessed them and called them Mankind in the day they were created. Genesis 5:1-2 NKJV

I don't see where sons of God are mentioned here.

Although Adam is referred to a son of God in the geneology from Luke.

3 And Adam lived one hundred and thirty years, and begot a son in his own likeness, after his image, and named him Seth. Genesis 5:3

Would Seth be called a son of Adam (man) or a son of God, since God did not create Seth?

I believe that the sons of Adam and those who came afterward, were called the sons of men.

The Lord looks from heaven; He sees all the sons of men. Psalm 33:13 NKJV

ME

Sons of God in Job 1:6 and Job 2:1 can not be angels in these verses especially when Satan who is an angel just as the other fallen angels that were cast out of Gods heaven and are in everlasting chains (not literal chains) under darkness unto the judgment of the great day, Jude 1:6,

Satan came and went from the earth, and was not in chains.

Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the Lord. 2 And the Lord said to Satan, “From where do you come?”
Satan answered the Lord and said, “From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking back and forth on it.” Job 2:1 NKJV

The angels being referred to in Jude 6 are referring to the angels in Genesis 6 who did not keep their own abode, which is the spiritual realm, and had intercourse with the women during the time of Noah, which is why Jude indicated "sexual immorality", in the context, referring to Sodom.

6 And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day; 7 as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. Jude 6-7 NKJV

Jude was well read with Enoch and quoted him, in verse 14 which reads -

14 Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, “Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints, 15 to execute judgment on all, to convict all who are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have committed in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.” Jude 14-15 NKJV

One only needs to read the book of Enoch, which is referenced here in Jude, to know the angels Jude was referring to.

One might claim Enoch as not being a viable source to quote since its not a part of the Bible, but then one must consider that Enoch writings is referenced in scripture here by Jude.

ME

And if the Sethites were so Godly, then why did they perish in the flood?

Well said brother.

Why did the offspring of such "godly" men produce 12' tall evil monsters, that even continued after the flood?

If all the sons of Seth were destroyed in the flood, then who were the sons of God after the flood that continued with the daughters of men, to produce these giants that were eventually wiped out by Joshua and the children of Israel?

ME

Last edited:
The concept and subject are another thread,but the idea of that is in the tanach, thus free's point isn't moot

No I still disagree about his post. If we do have the ability to be gods here on earth...there's only maybe a handful of guys down through history that have achieved it. Maybe Enoch and David...but sons of God means Directly created by God beings in the OT. In the NT we were given the power to become Sons of God. Sorry, try again.

Well said brother.

Why did the offspring of such "godly" men produce 12' tall evil monsters, that even continued after the flood?

If all the sons of Seth were destroyed in the flood, then who were the sons of God after the flood that continued with the daughters of men, to produce these giants that were eventually wiped out by the Joshua and the children of Israel?

ME

Exactly. I doubt that the Nephilim will come back as giants in our time. More than likely they'll be dressed up as Aliens...

No I still disagree about his post. If we do have the ability to be gods here on earth...there's only maybe a handful of guys down through history that have achieved it. Maybe Enoch and David...but sons of God means Directly created by God beings in the OT. In the NT we were given the power to become Sons of God. Sorry, try again.
So moses,the prophets who did miracles,David nor Enoch did.wouldn't qualify then. Isiah saw the future,ezekiel,Daniel saw Jesus in visions, I'm sure those were close to God.

Abraham a prototype ,Noah found grace.the concept of grace ,the king called you into thrown room ,he wants to give you something ,or you have a court ear.that's very new testament. If just barge in without the given right.you died.

Grace in our time works like that. A sinner can't see Jesus nor petetion him only have the ear of God when he repents.

Isreal is very much the child of God.

Other wise ,the pharisees wouldn't be called sons of the devil, Abraham was said by Jesus to have known him.the opposire of the pharisees. God acts when he wants and a child of his from each one won't be the same.

David raised no one,Enoch neither,prophecies then was taken to heaven.

Elijah,elisha,raised the dead,were prophets.performed other miracles.

Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the Lord. 2 And the Lord said to Satan, “From where do you come?”
Satan answered the Lord and said, “From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking back and forth on it.” Job 2:1 NKJV

The angels being referred to in Jude 6 are referring to the angels in Genesis 6 who did not keep their own abode, which is the spiritual realm, and had intercourse with the women during the time of Noah, which is why Jude indicated "sexual immorality", in the context, referring to Sodom.

6 And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day; 7 as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. Jude 6-7 NKJV

14 Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, “Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints, 15 to execute judgment on all, to convict all who are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have committed in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.” Jude 14-15 NKJV

One only needs to read the book of Enoch, which is referenced here in Jude, to know the angels Jude was referring to.

One might claim Enoch as not being a viable source to quote since its not a part of the Bible, but then one must consider that Enoch writings is referenced in scripture here by Jude.

ME

I have been asked to step away from this Thread so I will give no replies other than this one as I respect the one who ask this of me since I can not open videos.

BTW, I feel the book of Enoch is worth much consideration to be studied from as well as many Books that are left out of the Bible that could teach us many things.

ME
The devil and his angels left their first abode in heaven, not on Earth, that is why they were immediately and permanently kicked out .. The sons of God in Job were the sons of Job and the Godly men of Jobs region (of whom Job was tops) who honored feast days to the Lord where satan also entered in like today .. There were and are giants just like there were giant animals common before the flood and some after .. Lucifer was referring to a Babylonian king in similar greek mythology venus the morning star the bringer of light ''the sun'' .. I love chuck missler but he got it wrong if he claims angels mated with humans .. The devil is not light or a bearer of light but only poses and disguises .. Hebrews 1:5 .. Enoch said there were giants 450' tall , that disqualifies Enoch once and for all imo .. Angels are spirit , man is spirit and flesh and blood . God overshadowed the virgin and created Jesus by the power of the Holy Spirit , no sex .. We become begotten adopted in sons of God through Spirit ,no sex ..

There was only one daughter mentioned by name Genesis 4:22 that I know of pre-flood and that was Tubalcains sister Naamah which means beautiful .. Lamech had other Sons and daughters besides Noah and I assume they were godless mockers too as only Noah his sons and their wives were saved through the flood .. Methuselah was the last son of God to die pre-flood imo ..

Paradise was a place that held both saint and sinners, Jesus preached to the saints in paradise and saved who were looking forward to his day

The devil and his angels left their first abode in heaven, not on Earth, that is why they were immediately and permanently kicked out .. The sons of God in Job were the sons of Job and the Godly men of Jobs region (of whom Job was tops) who honored feast days to the Lord where satan also entered in like today .. There were and are giants just like there were giant animals common before the flood and some after .. Lucifer was referring to a Babylonian king in similar greek mythology venus the morning star the bringer of light ''the sun'' .. I love chuck missler but he got it wrong if he claims angels mated with humans .. The devil is not light or a bearer of light but only poses and disguises .. Hebrews 1:5 .. Enoch said there were giants 450' tall , that disqualifies Enoch once and for all imo .. Angels are spirit , man is spirit and flesh and blood . God overshadowed the virgin and created Jesus by the power of the Holy Spirit , no sex .. We become begotten adopted in sons of God through Spirit ,no sex ..

That's the thing about those passages though, a cursory reading of them, and that is indeed how it seems to read and what it seems to say, but if you get back into the original Greek & Hebrew languages and really study them out...it comes out mighty different.

Like, you said, they left their first abode (Heaven)...but let's look at he whole verse.

Jude 1:6
6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.../

Their first estate, or in other words, Heaven and God their leader. But then it goes on to say they left their own habitation...and habitation in Hebrew is the word oikētērion.

Outline of Biblical Usage [?]
  1. a dwelling place, habitation
    1. of the body as a dwelling place for the spirit
Strong’s Definitions [?](Strong’s Definitions Legend)
οἰκητήριον oikētḗrion, oy-kay-tay'-ree-on; neuter of a presumed derivative of G3611(equivalent to G3612); a residence (literally or figuratively):—habitation, house.../

This is talking about their bodies. We can confirm this by reading 2 Corinthians 5:1-2
For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:.../

...earthly "house" of this tabernacle (same word).
...clothed upon with our "house" which is from Heaven. Same word, Oiketerion. They left their spiritual bodies and came to earth. They might not have been sexless after that either?

See how much a passage can seem to change from studying it a wee bit?

They got booted out of Heaven. But God didn't let them loose with divine powers or bodies. That's why even though they may be smart and know lots of things, their primary weapon is deception.

Back