Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Sons Of God, Giants & The New World Order - Pt 1

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
The sons of God in Job were the sons of Job and the Godly men of Jobs region (of whom Job was tops) who honored feast days to the Lord

Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the Lord. 2 And the Lord said to Satan, “From where do you come?”

Satan answered the Lord and said, “From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking back and forth on it.”
Job 2:1 NKJV

The Lord asked Satan where he had come from.

Satan answered; From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking back and forth on it.”

Did you notice this answer?

From the earth.

From going to and fro on the earth.

This meeting takes place away from the earth, and is most likely in heavenly places.

Also, consider this verse from Job.

“Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell Me, if you have understanding.
5 Who determined its measurements? Surely you know! Or who stretched the line upon it?
6 To what were its foundations fastened? Or who laid its cornerstone,
7 When the morning stars sang together, And all the sons of God shouted for joy?
Job 38:4-7 NKJV

Sons of God were present during the founding and creation of the earth.

Obviously a reference to angels.

ME

Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the Lord. 2 And the Lord said to Satan, “From where do you come?”

Satan answered the Lord and said, “From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking back and forth on it.”
Job 2:1 NKJV

The Lord asked Satan where he had come from.

Satan answered; From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking back and forth on it.”

Did you notice this answer?

From the earth.

From going to and fro on the earth.

This meeting takes place away from the earth, and is most likely in heavenly places.

Also, consider this verse from Job.

“Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell Me, if you have understanding.
5 Who determined its measurements? Surely you know! Or who stretched the line upon it?
6 To what were its foundations fastened? Or who laid its cornerstone,
7 When the morning stars sang together, And all the sons of God shouted for joy?
Job 38:4-7 NKJV

Sons of God were present during the founding and creation of the earth.

Obviously a reference to angels.

ME
Paul mentions the 3rd heaven (I think Enoch mentions 5 heavens), Satan is prince of the air, I don't believe the devil has access to his first abode (the throne of God) but only God is omnipresent .. Job 38 was God referring to things Job could understand and I think the morning star(s) were the stars and planets and the sons of God were the sun and moon (more metaphors) , things Job knew about and not angels ,especially fallen angels .. The book of Jasher written about the same time as Enoch says the sons of God were men who each made unto themselves (gods) idols and became corrupt taking wives from the sons of men .. There may or may not be truth mingled in the Talmud,Enoch and other books but every jot and tittle is complete and supplied in the 66 books Genesis to Revelation . Titus 1:14-15 says beware .. There is evidence that the original translation was men then in one place noted that it was changed to angels and noted in footnotes ..

I also don't think God allowed any creatures to exist that are subject to sin who never had chance or hope .. The End Time will be worse than before the flood so you can't blame that or either on anything other than man .. Matthew 24:21

Having said that, it doesn't matter what we believe but both points of view can't be correct but are important to consider and weigh ..

Last edited:
I think the morning star(s) were the stars and planets and the sons of God were the sun and moon (more metaphors) ,

A star is a sun, used metaphorically of son.

Morning stars are suns, not planets.

In Hebrew thought, sun is used interchangably to represent son.

But to you who fear My name
The Sun of Righteousness shall arise
With healing in His wings;
And you shall go out
And grow fat like stall-fed calves.
Malachi 4:2

Does this mean you completely reject that angels are called sons of God, and were present during creation?

“Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth?
Tell Me, if you have understanding.
5 Who determined its measurements?
Surely you know!
Or who stretched the line upon it?
6 To what were its foundations fastened?
Or who laid its cornerstone,
7 When the morning stars sang together,
And all the sons of God shouted for joy?
Job 38:4-7

If angels are not sons of God, then whose sons are they?

ME

The sun of righteousness is Jesus, bright as the sun, not the sun
I have a problem with fallen angels shouting for joy

Definition of wandering star
: any of the seven planets of ancient astronomy

The sun of righteousness is Jesus, bright as the sun, not the sun
I have a problem with fallen angels shouting for joy
Definition of wandering star
: any of the seven planets of ancient astronomy

True, the word play we have of Son / sun doesn't exist in the original languages.

Here's a thought - perhaps both angels and people are referred to "sons of God" in various places and contexts?
I could buy that if there was one concrete scripture Bro, but I get your point ..
Who mentioned that fallen angels shouted for joy?

The sons of God mentioned in Job here refer to angels.

7 When the morning stars sang together,
And all the sons of God shouted for joy?
Job 38:7

ME

That's what this whole thread is about .. Fallen angels are not sons of God .

I could buy that if there was one concrete scripture Bro, but I get your point ..

Well that's an interesting take! Sons of God (unfallen) looked upon daughters of men and saw that they are fair ... and then ACTED upon it - then they fell.

Chopper, what say you to this idea?

This thread is about sons of God, giants, and the New World Order.

What we are discussing; Are sons of God angels or "godly men", and were the giants [Nephilim], the offspring of sons of God (angels) and daughters on men, or were the giants the offspring of "godly men" and daughters of men?

Now it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born to them, 2 that the sons of God saw the daughters of men, that they were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves of all whom they chose. 3 And the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.” 4 There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown. Genesis 6:1-4 NKJV

The offspring who were born to Adam and his descendants were called son's and daughters of men, not sons of God.

Sons of God in the old testament refers to angels, not men.

ME

Forbidden sex is always a topic tickling the emotions of many.. For some reason i thought angels were sexless .. how is one 'fallen' and still a son of God?

This thread is about sons of God, giants, and the New World Order.

What we are discussing; Are sons of God angels or "godly men", and were the giants [Nephilim], the offspring of sons of God (angels) and daughters on men, or were the giants the offspring of "godly men" and daughters of men?

Now it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born to them, 2 that the sons of God saw the daughters of men, that they were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves of all whom they chose. 3 And the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.” 4 There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown. Genesis 6:1-4 NKJV

The offspring who were born to Adam and his descendants were called son's and daughters of men, not sons of God.

Sons of God in the old testament refers to angels, not men.

ME

1 John 3

"1Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. 2Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 3And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure."

It is through the work of Jesus that we who believe are raised to the status of Sons of God (Jesus being the first fruits and the "first born of many bretheren").

My Bible knowledge is not sufficient to say if the description "Sons of God" is applied before the Cross in the same way...

My Bible knowledge is not sufficient to say if the description "Sons of God" is applied before the Cross in the same way...

I've studied Scripture a great deal, and I would say your exposition is excellent! Any OT mention of people as Sons of God is quite a bit different than what we've got now, under the New Covenant in His Blood.

I don't find anything definitive either way; we see the phrase "Sons of God" used to describe unfallen Angels, and men.

I've studied Scripture a great deal, and I would say your exposition is excellent! Any OT mention of people as Sons of God is quite a bit different than what we've got now, under the New Covenant in His Blood.

I don't find anything definitive either way; we see the phrase "Sons of God" used to describe unfallen Angels, and men.
This is why I posted post 38 .. Who were the saints in paradise who were waiting on Jesus to atone for their sin ? Since when did the blood of sacrificed animals pay for sin ? Never .. Even folks who had a heart for God they did not know .. John 8:56-58

Whether or not you claim angels are sons is not what matters as much as its implications on future events imo .. There will be an End time deception and if possible the very elect will be deceived. Knowledge will increase at the end and today there are so many interpretations to consider . I settled on the original KJV long ago but today I think so many other Bibles cause confusion , I look at some of them as tares sewn by the enemy among the wheat .. It is important to try to see the mind of God and his charter, his manner, his way in his Word .. There is and has been demonic influence since Eve in the garden .. Again, I don't care what folks believe ..

Last edited:
Forbidden sex is always a topic tickling the emotions of many.. For some reason i thought angels were sexless .. how is one 'fallen' and still a son of God?

I don't know if this is directed at me, but I will try to answer.

In Genesis 6 it says these were sons of God, not fallen angels, which is a biblical (OT) term that refers to angels.

It seems to me that the verse says sons of God and daughters of men, to indicate male and female.

It seems from other verses that angels had the ability to appear in our domain here as men with flesh. [See Sodom and Gomorrah]

Jude who quotes Enoch refers to them as angels, and contextually couples his statement about angels, with sexually immorality of Sodom and Gomorrah. They did not keep their proper domain, indicates they violated their ability to appear in this domain as men with flesh.

6 And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day; 7 as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. Jude 6-7 NKJV

For me, the most compelling of the new testament writers, who wrote about this subject is Jude, since he was well read with Enoch, and quoted him.

Have you read the book of Enoch?

ME

Enoch is not Scripture . In reading the title of this forum it says Bible Study... Maybe we should incorporate Aesop's fables into Bible Study.. Or the Pearls of Great Price... Desire of the Ages .... Late great planet Earth...

Enoch is not Scripture . In reading the title of this forum it says Bible Study... Maybe we should incorporate Aesop's fables into Bible Study.. Or the Pearls of Great Price... Desire of the Ages .... Late great planet Earth...

Please don't be rude ma'am.

I clarified that Jude quoted Enoch, which tell's me that Jude was read in the book of Enoch.

If Jude quoted Enoch, and his quote of Enoch was placed in scripture by the Holy Spirit, then we know that the angels he referred to in verse 6 and 7, that "left their own abode", and "did not keep their proper domain", referred to the angels during the days of Noah, which Enoch spoke about in more detail.

I quoted Jude, not Enoch.

I gave the best explanation I could, to a difficult question.

I quoted Jude, who quoted Enoch.

6 And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day; 7 as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. Jude 6-7 NKJV

This is in the new testament.

ME

Last edited:
Back