Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Tattoos 'just part of our society'; among Christians 'it is open'.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
images

Ah. I just read that "other thread" now. But Farouk wanted to discuss here, so I just asked some questions to solicit thought, not condemnation.

Ah. I just read that "other thread" now. But Farouk wanted to discuss here, so I just asked some questions to solicit thought, not condemnation.

R: One could say, slightly provocatively, Surely the Lord Jesus would not have had an earring. But then if one looks at the underlying symbolism of the Old Testament bondservant, and the Lord Jesus 'took upon him the form of a servant' (and in Isaiah 40, it says, Messianically, 'mine ears hast thou opened', Hebrew: digged, i.e., pierced), this is neither proof positively or negatively, either. We are told little about the Lord Jesus' physical appearance, and I'm sure there is a lot of Divine wisdom in this.

Last edited by a moderator:

R: So I guess my point is that proof from silence does or doesn't work either way, really, but also that there is underlying background.

For believers today, I guess the main potential is faith design possibilities, that can prove to be conversation-starters.

R: So I guess my point is that proof from silence does or doesn't work either way, really, but also that there is underlying background.

For believers today, I guess the main potential is faith design possibilities, that can prove to be conversation-starters.
Dunno what a faith design possibility is or means (?)

PS: questdriven: I'm guessing now, but the other reason why your mom might currently be very scepitcal about the idea of you getting a tattoo (not that you have even decided to do it, either) is that for a young person, if it hasn't been well thought out (she might reason, with a longer term perspective in view) there is a possibility that years later the person who got it might come round to the conclusion that s/he did too hastily.

Again, it's no bad thing to take on board this consideration, and make sure that any ink you do eventually get, whether or not faith related, is in fact very well thought out.

Blessings.

No. I don't think she'd be open to it, and at this time I'd prefer a temporary one, anyway.

questdriven:

Okay.

I wondered, what did you mean about her not being 'open to it'? You mean, not open to the idea of her getting one herself?

Or did you mean, not open to you getting one? because she must know you are an adult, and over 18s technically don't need a parental signature at the parlor, right?

(But anyway you might want a temp as opposed to doing it with a real machine with an inking needle for reasons other than your mom.)

Blessings.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back