Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The All New "Great Quotes" Thread!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. And today? Today is a gift. That’s why we call it the present.†– B. Olatunji

“Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.†—Lao-Tze

“Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and freedom.†– Viktor Frankl

The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
Ayn Rand

Achieving life is not the equivalent of avoiding death.
Ayn Rand

Some great Epicurus quotes

A free life cannot acquire many possessions, because this is not easy to do without servility to mobs or monarchs.

Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist.

Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.

Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempest.

It is folly for a man to pray to the gods for that which he has the power to obtain by himself.

Not what we have But what we enjoy, constitutes our abundance.

Happyjoy and Seekandlisten, those were some pretty good quotes, and I want you to know that I read every one.

Vince said:
Happyjoy and Seekandlisten, those were some pretty good quotes, and I want you to know that I read every one.

Thank you very much. To tell you the truth I haven't actually read every one you have posted. I will say the ones that I have read I have liked, and that I will make time to go back and read the rest.

Come
As you are
As you were
As I want you to be
As a friend
As a friend
As an old enemy
Take your time
Hurry up
The choice is yours
Don't be late
Take a rest
As a friend
As an old memoria

Kurt Cobain

Yogi Berra was told by the wife of the Mayor of New York that he looked cool in his summer suit, and he said

You don't look so hot yourself.

Yepper!! You're a learnin' faster than a lizard's liver layin' livid on the lenolieum!!.....Buck....Duh! I can't spell linolieum...lenolium....linoliiou....just say dirt!!.....Buck

Pay attention to your enemies, for they are the first to discover your mistakes.
Antisthenes

There are only two people who can tell you the truth about yourself - an enemy who has lost his temper and a friend who loves you dearly.
Antisthenes

A man content to go to heaven alone will never go to heaven.
Boethius

If there is a God, whence proceed so many evils? If there is no God, whence cometh any good?
Boethius

Fearing that someday, evil men would deny that the Holocaust had ever occurred, General Eisenhower ordered as many American soldiers as possible to tour the concentration camps. He brought the media there, and they took thousands of photographs. He forced German civilians to bury the dead.

A war crimes lawyer explained that in addition to Nuremberg, thousands of Germans, many of them soldiers, were tried as war criminals. They offered a wide variety of defenses, but not a single one offered the following defense:

"It never happened."

"If you are willing to settle with negotiating for peace, while at the same time innocent men, women and children are being oppressed, raped, and murdered, then the only peace you are negotiating is your own."

~Me~

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back