Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The ban of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I have recently been following the banning of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church. I find this quite a concerning attack on freedom of religion. The church is home to millions of Ukrainians and has been done because of alleged ties between the Ukrainian Orthodox Church and the Russian Orthodox Church - however, the Ukrainian Orthodox Church has severed all ties with Moscow and denounced the invasion of Ukraine.

This is a really concerning development and my heart goes out to all those in Ukraine who not only find themselves in the middle of a war but are now having to worry about their faith at a time when they will need it most.

What do others think?

So Ukraine bans the christian church because of war and then expects the christian tax payers in the USA to give them billions of dolars to fund a war.?

What do others think?
I think we need more information. From what I've gleaned, it's a small sect of the church in Ukraine and there seems to be some evidence that they were pushing Russian sympathies. However, at the moment it's merely a parliamentary proposal. It isn't yet law and is getting some push back.

We'll see what happens, but I don't think this would qualify as some effort to shut down the christian fellowships in Ukraine. There are two 'orthodox' fellowships in Ukraine. One is the Ukranian Orthodox Church (UOC) and the other is the Orthodox Church of Ukraine (OCU). Most christians belong to the OCU as the UOC has always been seen as a hand puppet of the Russian Orthodox Church and its Russian influence. The UOC is only estimated to be about 4% of the christian community in Ukraine.

So, it's not really as bad as this post title would seem to want to make it out to be.

God bless,
Ted

I think we need more information. From what I've gleaned, it's a small sect of the church in Ukraine and there seems to be some evidence that they were pushing Russian sympathies. However, at the moment it's merely a parliamentary proposal. It isn't yet law and is getting some push back.

We'll see what happens, but I don't think this would qualify as some effort to shut down the christian fellowships in Ukraine. There are two 'orthodox' fellowships in Ukraine. One is the Ukranian Orthodox Church (UOC) and the other is the Orthodox Church of Ukraine (OCU). Most christians belong to the OCU as the UOC has always been seen as a hand puppet of the Russian Orthodox Church and its Russian influence. The UOC is only estimated to be about 4% of the christian community in Ukraine.

So, it's not really as bad as this post title would seem to want to make it out to be.

God bless,
Ted

I would guess most christians are agaisnt fighting and killing there neighbours so those in the russian church and those in the ukraine church have sympaties for each other.

But war is nasty. I guess those within the church of Ukraine are banned from having any type of connection or fellowship with there neighbour in the same church.

It just all smells rank.

An example could be i guess because of war those in the orthodox church in Ukraine would be banned from giving funds to the orthodox church in Russia

I would guess most christians are agaisnt fighting and killing there neighbours so those in the russian church and those in the ukraine church have sympaties for each other.

But war is nasty. I guess those within the church of Ukraine are banned from having any type of connection or fellowship with there neighbour in the same church.

It just all smells rank.
If it was the civil war as these did split over it .
Methodist church , episcopal church .what then ?

Some such as mine sided pro slavery and were in mostly the south and north with the colonies then .they didn't split .what then ?

Its like a christian in ukraine has a christian brother in russia who is suffering and they want to help them and send them some bread because they starving, or vice versa, but they banned because psycopathic power trippers are having a fight.

Its like a christian in ukraine has a christian brother in russia who is suffering and they want to help them and send them some bread because they starving, or vice versa, but they banned because psycopathic power trippers are having a fight.
I get it but crossing borders during war ,yeah that's not going be easy .would you trust a person easily during that and not spying ?

Taps is written by the father who buried his son .he was union ,his son a rebel .

Often In war both sides will allow their dead to be buried and pause to do that.

Look up Christmas 1914 .

I get it but crossing borders during war ,yeah that's not going be easy .would you trust a person easily during that and not spying ?

Taps is written by the father who buried his son .he was union ,his son a rebel .

Often In war both sides will allow their dead to be buried and pause to do that.

Look up Christmas 1914 .

Anyone could be a snitch who knows. This world is insane and that deep it goes full paranoia.

The top snitches or who would call a spy, i would guess 99.99% of regular people would not even be able to pick them out or know who they are. I guess its called intelligence for a reason.

Anyone could be a snitch who knows. This world is insane and that deep it goes full paranoia.

The top snitches or who would call a spy, i would guess 99.99% of regular people would not even be able to pick them out or know who they are. I guess its called intelligence for a reason.
The problem is you can't easily at times .

Im like a real vigilant person, i pick up on everything and analise everything in my immediate surroundings anywhere i am and what i hear.

Some people might call it paranoia but i just call it being wise, aware, and vigilant of yoyr surroundings. I dont trust no one i dont know and why should i?.

Im like a real vigilant person, i pick up on everything and analise everything in my immediate surroundings anywhere i am and what i hear.

Some people might call it paranoia but i just call it being wise, aware, and vigilant of yoyr surroundings. I dont trust no one i dont know and why should i?.
There is grey area .

I mean not like its a bad thing. I have prevented accidents in the last few weeks because im vigilant driving and it wasnt even my fault to start.

I meam for 1 its 2 lanes and both can turn and the inside must turn and im on the outside and when the light turn we go the same time they try boost forward as im turning, i had literally 1 second of knowojg and to make a decision and adjust and go straight so they didnt hit me. I prevented a accident by being vigilant.

I see it all the time, all parties in fairly land not being vigilant of there surroundings and it results in a accident. I mean unless its medical reasons then someone is a idiot who shouldnt have a licence.

And thats acturally talking about situations where people should have responsibilty. Not like im saying im just allways aware of ny souroundings and vigilant. Keep focus.

There is grey area .

I know psyhosis can get deep. Many years ago i used to think other people were talking about me and i could hear them and they laughing at me, but that just paranoid delusions. Like some type of psychosis maybe similar to paranoid sczichophenia.

One time i was invited out to a social event and when we got there i couldnt even walk inside the door, everyone is like what are you doing, and there was like a barrier i just could not walk in, and i tried, there was like a force field of paranoia that would not allow me to enter, so i just said im going home and left and went home They probably all thought i was a weirdo.

And there wss a van sitting outside my home dodgy as im like thinking they spying on me.

That was years ago and i dont have that anymore. Theropy and building self confidence got me out of it and it acturally started when i repented and asked Christ for help.

I know psyhosis can get deep. Many years ago i used to think other people were talking about me and i could hear them and they laughing at me, but that just paranoid delusions. Like some type of psychosis maybe similar to paranoid sczichophenia.

One time i was invited out to a social event and when we got there i couldnt even walk inside the door, everyone is like what are you doing, and there was like a barrier i just could not walk in, and i tried, there was like a force field of paranoia that would not allow me to enter, so i just said im going home and left and went home They probably all thought i was a weirdo.

And there wss a van sitting outside my home dodgy as im like thinking they spying on me.

That was years ago and i dont have that anymore. Theropy and building self confidence got me out of it and it acturally started when i repented and asked Christ for help.
I was addressing how one trusts those that are from threat nations and we'll see my signature quote from mattis

Be kind ,be courteous,have a plan to kill everyone you meet .

I was continuing from my post before i seen you reply jasonc , just so you know i was not talking directly about you as it looks like out of context. Lol. But im sure as veteran you been though tough times.

I have recently been following the banning of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church. I find this quite a concerning attack on freedom of religion. The church is home to millions of Ukrainians and has been done because of alleged ties between the Ukrainian Orthodox Church and the Russian Orthodox Church - however, the Ukrainian Orthodox Church has severed all ties with Moscow and denounced the invasion of Ukraine.

This is a really concerning development and my heart goes out to all those in Ukraine who not only find themselves in the middle of a war but are now having to worry about their faith at a time when they will need it most.

What do others think?
Where did you learn of this "ban" ?
(I also think it a good idea to ban all the false churches.)

Back