Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Christmas Tradition

Do you attend a church service on Christmas or Christmas Eve?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Jman96

What Christmas traditions do you and your family have? From the month or day?

My family goes and gets a tree, like a lot of other families. On Christmas eve we get together, watch a Christmas movie, sing a song and open our Christmas pajamas. Then we go to sleep and open presents the next day, then go to a church service.

Not much different than what most people do on Christmas at my house.
My church does have a Christmas eve service--at least they are this year, and I assume they do it every year.

I don't attend a church at the moment.

And can I be honest with you and say that I find little spiritual enrichment in Christmas sermons?

When I got saved, Easter became the big holiday for me.

There is a small church close to where i live but i dont go to it. Nothing personal, its just a small service with old people who sing hymms and carols. I would be bored.
That's funny because there is a small community church just down the road from me and I'm afraid to visit it to check it out for these same reasons.

Nothing personal, its just a small service with old people who sing hymms and carols. I would be bored.
And can I be honest with you and say that I find little spiritual enrichment in Christmas sermons?

I get that, my church does two things, first they have a Carols and Lighting thing, which will be tomorrow. I dread it because its just carols and communion, super boring so I know how that goes, but it pleases the older generations. The thing I love most is the Christmas eve/Christmas sermons though. They go through the birth of Christ and the story of the angel coming to Mary. I don't know why, I'm just fascinated with that. I can't comprehend how that would've been.

The Christmas eve service where I go will be about what you guys are describing. Lot's of hymns, candles, probably a short sermon and I think communion but not sure. I'm lucky in that I truly enjoy almost all types of Christian music from the old time hymns to modern rock, and the pastor's sermons are usually interesting and not just drawn out to fill up time. I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Not much different than what most people do on Christmas at my house.
My church does have a Christmas eve service--at least they are this year, and I assume they do it every year.

Hope you guys have a great time; we have had to cancel tomorrow's service because of an ice storm! :)

Blessings.

So for the Christmas Eve service at my church we had communion--wasn't expecting that. But it does seem appropriate come to think of it.

My family has no church going traditions, but I have been attending the service for a few years now ever since I became a christian.
Already been there this year (christmas eve is on 24th here) and I did some volunteer work as sound technician. Originally I had hoped that would be an easy and relaxed job tonight - just switch the pastor's mic on and off and record the sermon - but our organist had cancelled his participation two days ago so our pastor did spontaneously bring up a band of five musicians.... *sigh* ... including someone with a saxophone and trumpet *double sigh* ... and he insisted on using a microphone. So after a short debate of trying to tell him his instrument needs a silencer rather than a mic I gave him a mic... and left it muted for the entire service. He was waaaaaay too loud even unplugged. Those brass guys have no idea how loud their instruments are!!! And I can't do anything to adjust their loudness other than bring a gun and shoot them. :angry3
Sorry for the rant.
Just wanted to say that I do go to church and volunteer in the christmas night service. I'm thinking, since I am single and usually have no urgent plans for afterwards I can just as well invest my time into the service.

My family has no church going traditions, but I have been attending the service for a few years now ever since I became a christian.
Already been there this year (christmas eve is on 24th here) and I did some volunteer work as sound technician. Originally I had hoped that would be an easy and relaxed job tonight - just switch the pastor's mic on and off and record the sermon - but our organist had cancelled his participation two days ago so our pastor did spontaneously bring up a band of five musicians.... *sigh* ... including someone with a saxophone and trumpet *double sigh* ... and he insisted on using a microphone. So after a short debate of trying to tell him his instrument needs a silencer rather than a mic I gave him a mic... and left it muted for the entire service. He was waaaaaay too loud even unplugged. Those brass guys have no idea how loud their instruments are!!! And I can't do anything to adjust their loudness other than bring a gun and shoot them. :angry3
Sorry for the rant.
Just wanted to say that I do go to church and volunteer in the christmas night service. I'm thinking, since I am single and usually have no urgent plans for afterwards I can just as well invest my time into the service.
Hey. A fellow sound tech! Cool. I did the same thing tonight. But I've got them trained not to pull surprises on me like that. We had a good time. Great singers, nice instruments, and a congregation that got inspired to sing along so loudly that I actually raised the mains about 10db higher then normal just to keep the worship team from being drowned out by the congregation. Loved it! :)

Back