Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Da Vinci Code

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
C

Christy

Has anyone read this? According to some friends of mine, it is an intelligent attempt to undermine the entire basis for Christianity. Apparently the book claims that some intelligent and crafty people (Masons of the 33rd degree?) designed Christianity as we know it today.

I havnt read the book, but from what you have said, it sounds as though it may not be of help to many people, and may confuse the issues of Christianity.

Is it suggesting that the freemsons invented the birth of Jesus, and the deliverance of the Isrealites from enslavement etc etc ?
I ask those silly questions because I know that freemsonery came well after the bible was written. It may be true that freemasonery has infiltrated many chuches today and influenced them, I just dont know.

So what does that leave us with. We either do church as man has taught us, or live Christian lives as the bible teaches us.

I guess all I am saying is that there are some books out there that talk of conspiracy campeigns, and can cause some confusion, but if we individually and collectivly seek God and his word then we dont have to worry.

I bet what I have written sounds very pious, its not meant to be. Its just that I wasted much time in my life worrying more about conspiracies than the real issue of knowing The Father through Jesus.

I bought the silly book because it was 30% off and I was very curious. I will let you know what it is truly about when I finish it.

BTW - I think the FreeMasons claim to have been around WHILE the Bible was being written, if I am not mistaken. :-?

Well if you are going to read it, yes, a good book review from you would be an excellent idea.

I just read a supposed Christain book that bought me more grief than good. While half way through it, I was thinking to put it down for good. It then occured to me that I might as well finish it so at least I could know about what sort of stuff is out there so I could at least be able to minister to others who had read it, and not made it out the other side in tact.

Can I recomend that even if some of what the books says sounds good, to do further resarch to find other perspectives.

There are lots of books out there, but there is only one book that God requires us to believe. The bible. So if you read the book and find its fruit brings doubt, unbelief, etc, Just remember you dont have to believe it.

I dont know if I should be putting links to freemason pages on this site however this site seems to suggest that freemasonery evolved from the 16th century and not at the time of Christ or even 2000 years before that when the old testament was been written.

http://www.calodges.org/no406/HISTORY.HTM

EDIT: Christy I dont know if you are a Chrsitian or are just exploring Christianity, however I was wondering, have you ever talked to God and known the peace He has spoken back to you? Think of a time when He has.I cant imagine how the freemasons can take credit for that.

The apostle Paul writes in Ephesians 4:14 - so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the cunning of men, by their craftiness in deceitful wiles.

The important issues are really your relation with God

EDIT: Sorry Christy I keep on having further thoughts. If God can make complex cells, and atoms, and life,and solar systems that no man has even come close at making, isnt it feasable that He can usher in His word to the world through the bible. No amount of Freemasoery or any other opposing force can make a lasting stand against God.

Am I rattling on too much?

Dear ynnebulator:
It was very kind of you to have so many thoughts about my posts. I am a very "secure" Christian. At least I pray to be! I am deeply in love with the Lord Jesus and wish to spread His Word to as many people as I can.

I am perplexed and worried about the many assaults on Christianity during this present day. I know it was prophesied that times would become difficult for Christians who wish to remain Christian. However, I just didn't think that I would be "privileged" to experience so many assaults during my own lifetime. The biggest of the assaults seem to be coming from people who write movies, newspapers, books, etc. There is a very clearly defined attempt on their part to rewrite history, even to rewrite Biblical history. I fear they are being successful.

SO - because I am a reader, I am going to read controversial books and attempt to discern from them what is Christian and what is not. I mentioned on another thread that I have already detected in books written about Bible stories for teenagers, Sodom and Gemorrah and their destruction is not even mentioned in passing. I guess it is called revisionist history.

God bless you, and I hope to talk to you soon again!
-Christy

I have heard so much about this book. I haven't read it, bu know other that have and it's been at the top of the Best Sellers list for weeks.

Let me know what you think about it. I plan on reading it to see what the hype is all about.

Christy said:
According to some friends of mine, it is an intelligent attempt to undermine the entire basis for Christianity. Apparently the book claims that some intelligent and crafty people (Masons of the 33rd degree?) designed Christianity as we know it today.
There might be some truth to that....because Christianity of today is not the Christianity of the Bible, as it reads.

"SATAN, WHICH DECEIVES THE WHOLE WORLD", (Revelation 12:9).

The vast majority of the Christian world as well as non-christians have the wrong ideas about what Christianity really is.

Late last night I finally finished The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown. It is just a novel, but some of its ideas have been around for a long time. It most certainly is a DIRECT ASSAULT ON CHRISTIANITY!

I don't mean to belittle this book discussion thread, but I think I am going to post my quotes from the book and my ideas about the book on the Christian Talk forum later today. I am very aggrieved by what I read. :evil:

Blessings to all,
Christy :angel:

I didn't find it threatening

I read the book, but I didn't feel as if it was diluting Christianity or twisting its message. (Of course it wasn't exactly Christian.)
Nor did I find it anti-Christian, either.
While I did take the whole book with a spoonful of salt, and there are a lot of things in there that I’m kind of “whatever†about, my impression was simply that if there are things in there that are true, that the Christianity is just DEEPER and has an ever longer and more complex history than the simple stuff we’re taught.
I mean, the ideas about religion being used politically is nothing new, and not all people who helped promote Christianity were as saintly as Christ Himself, though we’re often taught to believe that. (Gosh! Just read anything by St Augustine LOL) While Constantine and those freemasons (or whoever) certainly didn’t create the concept of Christ, nor did they create the concept of Holy Trinity and all that stuff, their naming it, choosing to highlight it and promote the concept of it certainly influenced the way we view Christianity today.
The New Testament had to be complied by someone. It figures that, considering the times in which it was complied, there would be at least some political interference.
But thinking that doesn’t challenge my faith in the core concepts that Christ taught.
But since the author DID write fairly convincing arguments, instead of weaken my faith it make me more interested in it. It made me really want to look into the history of Christianity and see how much of what was written in that book was true and how much was bull.

Actually, there isn't much at all that is correct in the book. For example, in the book Dan Brown has provided some "facts" which he apparently really believes are facts. One of these "facts" is that the Priory of Sion is a real organization, in which Les Dossiers Secrets (documents discovered in Paris in 1975) names several prominent members, including Sir Isaac Newton, Botticelli, Victor Hugo, and Leonardo da Vinci. The real fact is, Les Dossiers Secrets is known to be fraudulent.

That is all stated on page 1 of the book and things go down from there.

Interesting how we look to other sources...in trying to discover truth...which can only be found, in the Bible !

I don't even care about the "factual" content of the book. It's poorly written, the characterizations are shoddy, the plot twists are inane and the dialogue is ludicrous. I will give it a few points for having good pacing, but that's about the extent of its literary value.

I bought it a few weeks ago and am struggling through it. It's very shoddy fiction, poor characters and not an original idea in sight - just a tired rehash of the 'Holy Blood and Holy Grail' ideas from Seventies/Eighties. The only people who will take it seriously will be those who want to because it suits their purposes.

Jules

I agree, Wigginsmum. I've no problem with outlandish theories - they can be interesting, whether one believes them or not - but this book is just poor, derivitive fiction.

wigginsmum said:
I bought it a few weeks ago and am struggling through it. It's very shoddy fiction, poor characters and not an original idea in sight - just a tired rehash of the 'Holy Blood and Holy Grail' ideas from Seventies/Eighties. The only people who will take it seriously will be those who want to because it suits their purposes.

Jules
And that is why Satan inspired it's writings....that some would receive it's false messages.

The 'Left Behind' series of books accomplished a lot...in the cause of Satan !

The same can be said of the many different translations of the Bible, as each translation twists the message of scripture to people's ruination.

Well...

I do think the Left Behind series and the Da Vinci Code have a lot in common. I don't really see the 'satan' label applying to either, though. Both are attempts to teach fiction as if it were true. To compound the matter, both use fiction legitimately, but as a cover up. The only possible 'satanic' thing I see about either one of them is that the people stood to get filthy rich from both of them as modern trends, which, when money becomes god, money becomes a demon.

In the case of the Da Vinci, the real issues are not things like whether or not Jesus was married. The real issues are things like whether or not Jesus was divine. Ironically, the Da Vinci code produced about 20 response books, all designed to refute it. I wasn't impressed with the scholarship in those books either.

For real Jesus scholarship, check out:

Robbin Griffith-Jones, N.T. Wright, Geza Vermes, EP Sanders, Marcus Borg, Albert Schweitzer, Rudolph Bultmann, and, of course, John Dominic Crossan.

I have read the book, and I'll give a little Summary of the Theology behind it. If you haven't read the book and don't want to be spoiled, than don't read below!

According to Dan Brown, Jesus Christ was not the Son of God. That Jesus became the Messaiah from the Council of Nicea, and before that Jesus was considered a great prophet. In reality Jesus was the first feminist and was trying to found a religion centered around his wife Mary Magadaline. His 12 decipiles wouldn't stand for a religion centered on a woman, and thus completly changed the Gospels to say that she was a prostitute. Mary also mothered Jesus' child whom she had after he was crucified in Gaul (modern day France). Their bloodline became the Mervoigian royal family, and in the novel the main charactor Sophie is the decended of Jesus and Mary Magdaline, and is the Princess of France.

If this ain't an attack on Christianit, I don't know what is.

I don't know how long these audio files will be available online for free.
so, listen while they are still here. I think the web site takes one file off each week they add a new one, I 'm not sure.

Sorry, I missed the first two Parts. Below are listed Parts 3 - 6:

b-host-ssf.jpg

logo-ssf.gif

Chuck Missler

The DaVinci Deception - Part 3
4/4/2005 - Monday
http://boss.streamos.com/real/swn/oneplace/rm/ssf/ssf20050404.ram

The DaVinci Deception - Part 4
4/5/2005 - Tuesday
http://boss.streamos.com/real/swn/oneplace/rm/ssf/ssf20050405.ram

The DaVinci Deception - Part 5
4/6/2005 - Wednesday
http://boss.streamos.com/real/swn/oneplace/rm/ssf/ssf20050406.ram

The DaVinci Deception - Part 6
4/7/2005 - Thursday
http://boss.streamos.com/real/swn/oneplace/rm/ssf/ssf20050407.ram

I did a search on Chuck Misslers Web site for DaVinci and it returned 108 matching documents.
Here are a few that were listed on the first page of results at this link http://www.khouse.org/cgi-bin/texis/webinator/search?pr=khouse&query=DaVinci:

The DaVinci Deception & The Kabbalah - 66/40 - K-House
''What are the Gnostic Gospels?'', ''Can you prove the Bible?'', ''A mystery ''The DaVinci Code'' missed.''...
http://www.khouse.org/6640/BP110-2/ - 18K

Part 2 of 'The DaVinci Deception' Mary, Mary? Quite Contrary ...
Chuck Missler challenges Dan Brown's popular book by exposing the misleading statements, fraudulent ''history'' and the outright lies....
http://www.khouse.org/articles/2004/532/ - 32K

II Kings Ch. 24-25 & The DaVinci Deception - 66/40 - K-House
''The three seiges of Nebuchadnezzer'', ''All Israel in captivity'', ''The precision of prophecy is proved''...
http://www.khouse.org/6640/CD041-9/ - 17K

Part 3 of 'The Da Vinci Deception': ''Another Gospel''? - Chuck ...
Chuck Missler challenges Dan Brown's popular book by exposing the misleading statements, fraudulent ''history'' and the outright lies....
http://www.khouse.org/articles/2004/538/ - 32K

Part 4 of 'The Da Vinci Deception': Eagles and Bees? - Chuck ...
http://www.khouse.org/articles/2004/545/- 29K

Part 1 of a Series: The Da Vinci Code Decoded - Chuck Missler ...
http://www.khouse.org/articles/2004/527/ - 29K

Back