Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The demands of climate activists is unacceptable

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The other thing is what if there anything you can't do about climate change? We seem focused on ending oil but you're still going to get hit by climate change. If its really a threat then shouldn't you plan to ride it out?

No amount of bunkers will save you from it unless you know what's coming.

The other thing is you're going to have to give up on Capitalism as we're already drowning in debt. And I'm talking personal debt. I don't have any outstanding debt besides a mortgage but the biggest thing is if we're out of time, you're not going to make it.

You can end oil much quicker by eliminating the monetary system. Even if temporary but again you gotta have a plan that will work.

The rich is benefiting from this and the poor and less fortunate continue to suffer. Does this seem right? I think it'll be better by leveling the field out because selfishness and greed has no place here anymore and to me that's a bigger threat. If climate change is coming that's most likely our only chance to reset things.

However nobody should be getting rich off of climate change. That has to change too.
Markets will have to adapt. I think we are geting to a point where the current relationship to our ecconomic modal needs modification. We have been using the 80s style Reagan model and it's not working.

So far your stance just boils down to us not having all the answers right now, so its impossible. The study into battery tech and nuclear has grown leaps and bounds since we talked about this before. The solution might be moving away from single use plastics.
Nuclear needs back up .try getting a job as a nuke plant tech .you won't be able unless your are a navy tech , president Carter was a nuke tech .

They say our power plants are from the 50s,the navy has always been improving the nuke as they recore there ships.

You can't rely on nuke alone .I used to work for a grid . My photos of big blue are when I was going inside to read it .it like all steak plants was per law a back up for fpl st lucie one and two that powers Atlanta !

They idle that when a storm comes and it will stay that way until all repairs are completed.

You can't bury all high power lines in my state . That's costly as you must dig six feet or more and well that's without the concrete and pumps and periodically replacement needed

St Lucie and one two have been online since 1980.

I'm hardly anti nuke just stating not every grid will have them .ya gonna force jea and the ouc to go nuke only ?

Well then electric vehicles are not cutting it. You got 26 million EVs worldwide there should be a reduction in fossil fuel consumption.

It doesn't add up.
Think for a sec.

Even if the number of EVs being made and bought is increasing, as long as it's less than the number of gas-powered vehicles being made and bought, overall fossil fuel consumption from vehicles will increase.

Part of it is the plastic on food items. The other half is Capitalism, we keep buying plastic goods then tossing them and buying new ones. Cellphones as an example.
And lap tops and PC and even car parts .

Recycling that is anything but green .I have posted that a few times

The brown out was caused by st lucie one and two going down from a maintenance problem and the heat wave that all other plants couldn't handle

Only diesel and cng and oil based turbines are direct turbines .coal can produce more heat and power then all as they can super heat the steam where it's invisible and it will cut (plasma) a nuke can do that but the lakes and ocean used are gonna so hot that it will kill fish .

Irc.

Nuclear needs back up .try getting a job as a nuke plant tech .you won't be able unless your are a navy tech , president Carter was a nuke tech .
Ok? Everything needs a backup. Nothing is ever 100%

They say our power plants are from the 50s,the navy has always been improving the nuke as they recore there ships.

You can't rely on nuke alone .I used to work for a grid . My photos of big blue are when I was going inside to read it .it like all steak plants was per law a back up for fpl st lucie one and two that powers Atlanta !

They idle that when a storm comes and it will stay that way until all repairs are completed.

You can't bury all high power lines in my state . That's costly as you must dig six feet or more and well that's without the concrete and pumps and periodically replacement needed

St Lucie and one two have been online since 1980.

I'm hardly anti nuke just stating not every grid will have them .ya gonna force jea and the ouc to go nuke only ?
Sure, this sounds like an issue for engineers to solve.

Think for a sec.

Even if the number of EVs being made and bought is increasing, as long as it's less than the number of gas-powered vehicles being made and bought, overall fossil fuel consumption from vehicles will increase.
Yes, let's think about it. Just throwing some numbers out there....suppose there are 100M ICE vehicles on the road. Now suppose that 25M of those vehicles are replaced by EVs that supposedly use no fossil fuels, even though that is not true. All else being the same, there would be a reduction of 25% in fossil fuels used in transportation. I don't know where you're getting your numbers from.

Yes, let's think about it. Just throwing some numbers out there....suppose there are 100M ICE vehicles on the road. Now suppose that 25M of those vehicles are replaced by EVs that supposedly use no fossil fuels, even though that is not true. All else being the same, there would be a reduction of 25% in fossil fuels used in transportation. I don't know where you're getting your numbers from.
One explanation for your assertion might be that converting to EVs doesn't actually reduce the use of fossil fuels because we still don't have the technology to generate the needed electricity for recharging, don't have the technology to mine, manufacture, and transport EVs to the market, and we don't have the technology to dispose of the EVs once they've reached their useful life.

Because the overall number of vehicles operating across the globe is not a constant. New cars are being made and sold every second of every day, with the total number of vehicles (of all types) consistently increasing.

That's why the post you replied to focused on the manufacture and sales of new vehicles.

In general, as long as the majority of new vehicles being made and sold run on fossil fuels, while the overall number of vehicles continues to increase, the use of fossil fuels from vehicles will continue to increase.

The average person produces 4.7 tonnes of CO2 a year the average billionaire produces over 8000 tonnes of CO2.

If everyone went after the rich you wouldn't hear another peep about climate change. I think the environmentalists already tried..

I dont even think CO2 is the problem. I think it was 0.3% and its now 0.4%, at 0.2% plant life starts dying. It was probably better its went up less than 0,1% rather than down 0.1%.

There are several reasons for that, including better survival rates for newborns, less of a need to have kids for labor/earners, women being more likely to pursue education and careers, access to family planning, etc.

One of the biggest drivers in my mind is the death of the family farm. Back when we were very much an agrarian economy, the family farm was a big family, lots of kids to work the farm, and take over the farm. Now there are no more family farms, their all corporate.

How many kids does an Uber driver need to support his way of life?

Im not a b8g fan of technology and electrics. There is alrady too many narks like suri and alexa. Too much technology in elevtric vehicles for my liking, i mean your tracked every move and they shut your car off at will.

Here is probably another snitch.

Be like the future everyone with electric vehicles all tracked and monitored, accidently drive over the speed limit thats a antomatic fine and demerit points.

Think for a sec.

That makes no sense. Less fossil fuel cars versus electric you would have less fossil fuel usage. You are not burning gas with an electric vehicle. You are not burning oil.

Overall consumption should drop. But if electric vehicles are burning more fossil fuels then electric vehicles are not the solution.

I dont even think CO2 is the problem. I think it was 0.3% and its now 0.4%, at 0.2% plant life starts dying. It was probably better its went up less than 0,1% rather than down 0.1%.

Be like the future everyone with electric vehicles all tracked and monitored, accidently drive over the speed limit thats a antomatic fine and demerit points.

They don't even know what they're doing. I was told to buy an electric vehicle to save the planet. And here we are still crying about emissions going up and climate emergencies.

Even 27 million EVs on the road should show a positive impact (it wouldn't be a huge impact) but either oil isn't the problem or its showing a negative impact. It sounds like to me that these people just want us to stop using oil.

Even if there was a better way to cut oil there will still be people out who rely on it and its ridiculous to get the government involved to try and stop oil especially when it's just wasting taxpayer money.

I've been reading Americans are not interested in EVs, some are and sold a million EVs in 2023. And I think there was another survey showing Americans are concerned about climate change but they don't want to invest money in fixing it.

But with the electric vehicles not helping any I don't think there is anything we can do about it and while this doesn't prove man isn't responsible, I'm still skeptical man is responsible for it.

I'd say let the billionaires pay for it if they're concerned about it but it doesn't look like they are or they know reducing C02 levels won't matter.

Ok? Everything needs a backup. Nothing is ever 100%

Sure, this sounds like an issue for engineers to solve.
Your missing the point .
Mandate

We mandated paper bags away .

That was likely before your born then a decade later plastic bags were gonna be looked at as bad

Cfl replaced tungenstine bulbs but well Canada banned cfl because of the mercury problem

Engineers didn't know that mercury is toxic ?

No recycling was ever even set up

Leds are not recycled here and simply tossed.those are like cell phones with a micro chip often the chip fails and you can't easily replace the chip and used the led . Led are able to save kwh but again the point here is the mandate without studying the side effects

We gotta save the trees ,quick let's switch .not realizing the farmers cut all the trees down and simply made it a cow pasture or that trees are planted over and over .my grandchild lives near cotton ,peanuts and logging .they will cut the trees down and replant .they will harvest the peanuts and cotton and alternate .

I can go on and on with epa mandates and how appliances are simply trashed versus fixed because it's not worth it .

Remember the mandate for CfL and now it's being banned and less go back to the 80s.

I turn wrenches for extra money I have little faith in how engineering designs things they design them deliberately to fail .

Plastic intake manifolds that crack during heat . house coolant in plastic that gets brittle then find part is unavailable and you can't easily make the part with brass . A machine shop could but well that isn't cost efficient

I bought plenty of Cfl and not one place actually recycled them .home Depot or Lowe's said they did but never actually did.

They could have planned that .

Your missing the point .
Mandate

We mandated paper bags away .

That was likely before your born then a decade later plastic bags were gonna be looked at as bad

Cfl replaced tungenstine bulbs but well Canada banned cfl because of the mercury problem

Engineers didn't know that mercury is toxic ?

No recycling was ever even set up

Leds are not recycled here and simply tossed.those are like cell phones with a micro chip often the chip fails and you can't easily replace the chip and used the led . Led are able to save kwh but again the point here is the mandate without studying the side effects

We gotta save the trees ,quick let's switch .not realizing the farmers cut all the trees down and simply made it a cow pasture or that trees are planted over and over .my grandchild lives near cotton ,peanuts and logging .they will cut the trees down and replant .they will harvest the peanuts and cotton and alternate .

I can go on and on with epa mandates and how appliances are simply trashed versus fixed because it's not worth it .

Remember the mandate for CfL and now it's being banned and less go back to the 80s.

I turn wrenches for extra money I have little faith in how engineering designs things they design them deliberately to fail .

Plastic intake manifolds that crack during heat . house coolant in plastic that gets brittle then find part is unavailable and you can't easily make the part with brass . A machine shop could but well that isn't cost efficient

I bought plenty of Cfl and not one place actually recycled them .home Depot or Lowe's said they did but never actually did.

They could have planned that .

The problem is they don't plan ahead. This is why I've been against the EV mandates from the beginning because the politicans are just pushing whatever technology is out there due to voter complaints. But they don't think it through.

So why trust politicians to try and "fix climate change". They can't even fix the border crisis. It's been a total mess there. All they ever do is focus on "their agendas" to keep voters voting for them.

One explanation for your assertion might be that converting to EVs doesn't actually reduce the use of fossil fuels because we still don't have the technology to generate the needed electricity for recharging, don't have the technology to mine, manufacture, and transport EVs to the market, and we don't have the technology to dispose of the EVs once they've reached their useful life.
I neglected to include that we don't have the technology to mine, manufacture, deliver, and install the necessary components to generate
Because the overall number of vehicles operating across the globe is not a constant. New cars are being made and sold every second of every day, with the total number of vehicles (of all types) consistently increasing.

That's why the post you replied to focused on the manufacture and sales of new vehicles.

In general, as long as the majority of new vehicles being made and sold run on fossil fuels, while the overall number of vehicles continues to increase, the use of fossil fuels from vehicles will continue to increase.
Actually, on a global scale, the total annual sales of new vehicles has been relatively flat since 2010 (ref. Statista.com). During that same period of time, the global market share of EVs has been climbing and doing so very rapidly over the past five years. As of 2022 EVs claim about 14% of the global automobile market share (ref. Statista.com). It is also important to note that efficiency of ICE vehicles are always improving, albeit, not by a huge amount but the amount of fuel consumed per mile driven goes down all the time. Have we reached the end of that rainbow? Who's to know for sure.

Since EVs now comprise 14% of the total vehicle sales, and if they are as "green" as the narrative would have us believe, then fossil fuel consumption should be getting lower. There's only one explanation for that as I see it. EVs at the current time do very little to nothing to actually reduce fossil fuel usage.

I neglected to include that we don't have the technology to mine, manufacture, deliver, and install the necessary components to generate

Actually, on a global scale, the total annual sales of new vehicles has been relatively flat since 2010 (ref. Statista.com). During that same period of time, the global market share of EVs has been climbing and doing so very rapidly over the past five years. As of 2022 EVs claim about 14% of the global automobile market share (ref. Statista.com). It is also important to note that efficiency of ICE vehicles are always improving, albeit, not by a huge amount but the amount of fuel consumed per mile driven goes down all the time. Have we reached the end of that rainbow? Who's to know for sure.

Since EVs now comprise 14% of the total vehicle sales, and if they are as "green" as the narrative would have us believe, then fossil fuel consumption should be getting lower. There's only one explanation for that as I see it. EVs at the current time do very little to nothing to actually reduce fossil fuel usage.
Ignore the first part. That was part of an edit I was going to make yesterday but realized I had covered it already but it was still in my que.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back