Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Devil's Music ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Christian rock and metal have been around for decades. skillet, Red, Disciple are new exiting young groups. I was also warned that I should not listen to this type of music as it promotes anger. I disagree with the critics. Day of Fire was created to reach younger people to realise life could change. Josh's testimony on his cd is proof of this. The band Disciple do Bible study on their FB page.

Christian rock and metal have been around for decades. skillet, Red, Disciple are new exiting young groups. I was also warned that I should not listen to this type of music as it promotes anger. I disagree with the critics. Day of Fire was created to reach younger people to realise life could change. Josh's testimony on his cd is proof of this. The band Disciple do Bible study on their FB page.
good to see you back, it hasn't been the same since you left for a well and well Cornelius passed. im the older user Jasoncran

good to see you back, it hasn't been the same since you left for a well and well Cornelius passed. im the older user Jasoncran
Thanks, closed my business down and things have been hectic, sad news that Cornelius passed. Hopefully I can spend a bit more time going through the discussions again.

I am a product of the seventies and eighties, I listened to Lynyrd Skynyrd, ZZ top, the Eagles, Marshall Tucker Band, Charlie Daniels Band, Foghat,The Doobie Brothers, Crosby Stills and Nash, Triumph, Rush (my Favorite band of all time still to this day BTW) Fleetwood Mac,
I listened to Ronnie James Dio, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Van Halen, Led Zeppelin, Peter Frampton,
J Geils Band, Ted Nugent, Heart, Pat Benatar, just to name several I also played in a band that covered many of the bands I mentioned. We were very popular in our area and played in lots of nightclubs in several southern states. I even listened to some disco music between sets.
I still listen to that music on the radio and probably always will It was all secular music some of it was positive some of it was negative but none of it had an influence on the person I have become Life is a journey and if we always try to put up a hedge around us shutting out the secular world we can become vulnerable to it .

Is rock music the devil's music ? Some of it is and I agree with that, but not all of it is. I grew up listening to all types of music from Mahalia Jackson to Jimi Hendrix and Led Zepplin. And my experiments with LSD made my taste for rock grow. But I just can't agree with people who say all rock is bad. They even say that Christian rock is bad, and I don't agree with that. But anyway here is a link on this subject, I have not talked about this, on this board in years.

Satan's Music
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils in America/devils_music.htm

My husband loves heavy metal and he likes "Red". He didn't even know they were a Christian band until he was really paying attention to their lyrics.

any discussion involving Christian heavy metal should eventually touch on this song, in my opinion:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back