Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] The Evolution Lie

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Evolution/Devilution is the doctrine of Atheism.. Communism.. Humanism.. all orchestrated by the devil himself.

A review of the writings of the founders of communism shows that the theory of evolution, especially as taught by Darwin, was critically important in the development of modern communism. Many of the central architects of communism, including Stalin, Lenin, Marx and Engels, accepted the worldview portrayed in the book of Genesis until they were introduced to Darwin and other contemporary thinkers, which ultimately resulted in their abandoning that worldview. Furthermore, Darwinism was critically important in their conversion to communism and to a worldview that led them to a philosophy based on atheism. In addition, the communist core idea that violent revolution, in which the strong overthrow the weak, was a natural, inevitable part of the unfolding of history from Darwinistic concepts and conclusions.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/tj/v15/n1/communism

There's a filmstrip/video you can get that destroys the doctrine of evolution totally blows it out of the water called Cataclysm From Space 2800 BC..

tob

Evolution/Devilution is the doctrine of Atheism..

Well, let's take a look...
There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed by the Creator into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being evolved.
Charles Darwin, last sentence of The Origin of Species, 1878

So, you've got that wrong.

Communism

The Soviets imprisoned and killed Darwinian biologists. Darwinism was outlawed in the Soviet Union. So, that's two down.

Humanism.. all orchestrated by the devil himself.

You've probably confused Humanism (a Christian reform movement that preceded the Reformation) with "secular humanism", which is an oxymoron.

"There can be no humanism without the Gospels."
Karl Barth

A review of the writings of the founders of communism shows that the theory of evolution, especially as taught by Darwin, was critically important in the development of modern communism.

See above. Stalin outlawed Darwin, and arrested and killed Darwinian biologists and geneticists. T

Many of the central architects of communism, including Stalin, Lenin, Marx and Engels, accepted the worldview portrayed in the book of Genesis until they were introduced to Darwin and other contemporary thinkers, which ultimately resulted in their abandoning that worldview.

Mendeleyev's "periodic system of elements" clearly shows how very important in the history of nature is the emergence of qualitative changes out of quantitative changes. The same thing is shown in biology by the theory of neo-Lamarckism, to which neo-Darwinism is yielding place.
Joseph Stalin, 1906

And another one goes down...

In addition, the communist core idea that violent revolution, in which the strong overthrow the weak, was a natural, inevitable part of the unfolding of history from Darwinistic concepts and conclusions.

Well, let's see what Darwin had to say about that...

The aid which we feel impelled to give to the helpless is mainly an incidental result of the instinct of sympathy, which was originally acquired as part of the social instincts, but subsequently rendered, in the manner previously indicated, more tender and more widely diffused. Nor could we check our sympathy, even at the urging of hard reason, without deterioration in the noblest part of our nature. The surgeon may harden himself whilst performing an operation, for he knows that he is acting for the good of his patient; but if we were intentionally to neglect the weak and helpless, it could only be for a contingent benefit, with an overwhelming present evil.
Charles Darwin The Descent of Man

And there goes another one.

There's a filmstrip/video you can get that destroys the doctrine of evolution totally blows it out of the water called Cataclysm From Space 2800 BC..

Recycled from Velikovsky's neo-atheistic Worlds In Collision, with a few Bible verses tossed in to make it look Christian.
http://books.google.com/books?id=ZL...6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=velikovsky atheist&f=false

Comes down to evidence. And since no one who's touting the video can show us any evidence that it's worth an hour's time to see a re-hash of Velikovsky's imaginings, slightly edited by inserting Bible verses, I'll wait for the reviews.

At least Velikovsky was sincere:
http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...JpYAAAAIBAJ&sjid=XfgDAAAAIBAJ&pg=4743,1845856

Apparently, part of Mormon cosmology:
http://books.google.com/books?id=xAm4qGyN2OYC&pg=PA190&lpg=PA190&dq=Cataclysm From Space 2800 BC&source=bl&ots=2qTsvlfGE4&sig=RFcOhFaFG7HAe5hLpiu9BGQjPkI&hl=en&sa=X&ei=JO-2UtKJH6Oj2QWm8YDYBw&ved=0CEcQ6AEwBzgK#v=onepage&q=Cataclysm From Space 2800 BC&f=false

More here:
http://beforeitsnews.com/space/2013...cataclysms-2468184.html?currentSplittedPage=1

Last edited:
Jason wrote
Then again we also can't prove in the existence of God and that is why we have faith.
Say What ?
bald_head.gif

That video is only a half an hour long.. now your doing that avoidance routine again. That's a fable you know that you can't teach an old dog new tricks..:yes

tob

That's what those guys touting multi-level marketing scams always say. "I can't talk to you about what's in the video, you just have to watch it."

:horse

That's O.k. Lewis said he wanted to see it and by now I'm pretty sure some of the other members are curious.. i just thought you being a teacher and all you'd want to see the other side guess i thought wrong..:stupid

tob

i just thought you being a teacher and all you'd want to see the other side

I'd be open to any evidence at all, that this is something other than what the web shows it to be. If it's just recycled Velikovsky, then no need to see it. The fact that they seem to be very reluctant to discuss it, and just tell you to "watch the video" makes it pretty clear that's what it is. BTW, a number of sites list it as one hour long.

Have you seen it? If so, what argument did you find most compelling?

Can't prove the existence of God? he proves he's with me every waking moment..:yes

tob

I know what you mean tob. I guess a better way to say it would be we can't prove to unbeliever's that God exist. They have to decide for themselves. There is certainly a lot of evidence that we can show them, so what about people that believe evolution is the way God created us? Would you say that is a good tool to use to witness to an unbeliever? I don't because I don't see how you can explain a miracle like the creation.

The greatest proof/evidence of God was Jesus himself no other human fulfilled all of the prophecy Jesus fulfilled the odds of that happening are astronomical to say the least. God reveals himself to whom whoever He pleases as He did in Peters case when Jesus said to him..

Matthew 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

tob

*edit: As far as evolution is concerned its a lie made up by the devil to make a monkey out of God so no its not a good tool. Once in a blue moon you'll see someone come up with evidence/proof positive and the naysayers will still contest it..

Last edited:
Evolution is a scientific theory that stands or falls on the physical evidence.

Why DNA Proves Evolution Is False And Intelligent Design Is True

Hovind is merely ignorant of what Darwin's theory said. Ironically, genes and DNA cleared up a serious problem for his theory. Everone in Darwin's time thought that heredity was like mixing paint. So it was hard to see how a new trait could avoid being erased like a drop of red paint in a barrel of white. Then, Mendel's work was rediscovered, and Darwin was vindicated.

Ignorance is a double-edged sword. It can make one resistant to science. But it can also make one look very foolish, as it did to Hovind. Is he out of prison, yet?

BTW, "Dr." Hovind's secret doctoral thesis is now public. You can read it here:
http://wlstorage.net/file/kent-hovind-doctoral-dissertation.pdf

Last edited:
Babarian Darwin was a idiot. No I was wrong' Darwin was a world class' internationaly acclaimed' baboon and a stump down' snake in the grass' they don't come no better super star idiot of a fool.

Last edited:
Darwin wasn't just a great biologist. He also solved the mystery of Pacific atolls, being the first to find that they were continuously-growing coral formations, rising up from slowly sinking volcanoes. And his work on cirripeds is still used by marine biologists as a source. His greatest achievement was discovering why evolution works. But it was far from his only achievement.

It's why he's considered one of the great scientists of all time.

Darwin wasn't just a great biologist.

Darwin? A great biologist? You've got to be kidding. I'm a greater biologist than he was, and I only have a high school education in biology. Darwin was going to become a doctor, but he flunked out of med school. Then he thought it would be easier to become a theologian, but he flunked out of that too. I read Darwin's Origin of Species many years ago. I think it was the 1972 edition. Even the introduction (I forgot who wrote it) to his own book said that Darwin "was not a scientist by any modern definition of that term". Darwin was a "naturalist" - a term that was used to describe a man who was interested in nature - not a scientist.

The TOG​

Babarian Darwin was a idiot. No I was wrong' Darwin was a world class' international acclaimed' baboon and a stump down' snake in the grass' they don't come no better super star idiot of a fool.
Have you actually read the man's work? If not, wouldn't the fool be the person claiming to understand the mental state of another person they have never met, familiarized themselves with, or read any of their work?

Especially considering you are using a youtube video of a man ( Kent Hovind) who is now sitting in jail for tax evasion, perjury, being a con artist, and lieing to his own employees about them donating to a charity. Many people have gotten in huge trouble because they listed their contributions to his "church" as charity deductions, when the reality is that it went into Kent's family pockets.

His own son has even ditched most of the criteria and now uses Presuppositionalism as the base. The family is despicable, and "Dr" Hovind was also found to not have any real degrees.

He was also a major conspiracy theorist and is one of the people who claimed there is a religion called Darwinism. He made it up and the criteria changed depending on who he was debating. There are tons of youtube videos where he will get caught in a lie or misinforation and will derail and turn the entire formal debate into him laughing and calling everyone who disagrees with him stupid or God haters. The man should never be trusted with any kind of information.

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back