Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Gun Thread

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
For me, a gun is nothing more than a tool. No different than the hammer, screw drivers, pliers, knives, saws, levels, squares, axes, automobile, fishing rod, tackle, dinner fork, or any other tools I own. They each serve a particular purpose. Nothing more....nothing less.
This reminds me of something Bruce Lee said about learning martial arts. Paraphrasing, he said that when he was just beginning, a punch was just a punch, a kick was just a kick. As he advanced in training, somehow the punch was more than just a punch, a kick was more than a kick. But in the end when he attained mastery, a punch was once again just a punch, a kick was just a kick.

True, but are we to sit on our haunches and wait on the Lord to do it or are we to use what He has given us already? In the US for example, we have the privilege, duty, and the right guaranteed us by our laws to cast our vote. We have a responsibility to get involved, learn who the candidates are and what they stand for outside of all the rhetoric and false rumors and make an educated decision. Our vote is far more powerful than any handgun, rifle, shotgun, sword, knife, or whatever we might own. As it has been said, "The pen is mightier than the sword."
If things were different then I would surely consider voting. If I am correct though, the corruption that corporate meddling in the electoral process has wrought, then any politician who attempts to fight this new corporate control would be spitting in the wind and would even endanger his own political career. I know of a US representative who might be able to help us but would I be destroying his political career? I care too much for others who still are able to live "normal" lives. I forfeited my Right to Carry so not to allow those who are against the 2nd amendment ammunition to use "crazies" like me to further restrict the rights of others. Already here in Texas there is talk of restricting the rights of those with emotional/psychological problems. I had my wife buy our son his .22s so my name would not be used.

I know those two and that drill.
I think it serves a purpose to know how to handle a knife but I've also heard it said "The winner of a knife fight usually doesn't come out any better than the loser, if at all". I know I would most probably look like beef jerky ( well as fat as I am, probably more like sliced bacon) if I found myself in a knife fight.

If things were different then I would surely consider voting. If I am correct though, the corruption that corporate meddling in the electoral process has wrought, then any politician who attempts to fight this new corporate control would be spitting in the wind and would even endanger his own political career. I know of a US representative who might be able to help us but would I be destroying his political career? I care too much for others who still are able to live "normal" lives. I forfeited my Right to Carry so not to allow those who are against the 2nd amendment ammunition to use "crazies" like me to further restrict the rights of others. Already here in Texas there is talk of restricting the rights of those with emotional/psychological problems. I had my wife buy our son his .22s so my name would not be used.
It is a Federal law that you or your wife can not buy a gun for your son with out his name being attached to the gun you or her can not buy it in your name for some one else that their name is not associated with the gun.

For those of you considering obtaining your Right to Carry license, you should thoroughly research the gun laws and the application thereof. For instance, if you came upon a man assaulting and pulling on a woman's purse to steal it, you have the right to use deadly force at that point in time. As soon as the thief accomplishes his task as turns to run, you no longer have the right to use deadly force. The situation can change in a heartbeat and you had better be in the moment at all times able to distinguish and discern the rapidly changing dynamics. The only emotion felt when drawing a gun on another human being should be fear for the life/well-being of yourself or another. Any other emotion puts you in danger of manslaughter/murder charges. A Right to Carry is a huge responsibility. Not to be taken lightly.

For those of you considering obtaining your Right to Carry license, you should thoroughly research the gun laws and the application thereof. For instance, if you came upon a man assaulting and pulling on a woman's purse to steal it, you have the right to use deadly force at that point in time. As soon as the thief accomplishes his task as turns to run, you no longer have the right to use deadly force. The situation can change in a heartbeat and you had better be in the moment at all times able to distinguish and discern the rapidly changing dynamics. The only emotion felt when drawing a gun on another human being should be fear for the life/well-being of yourself or another. Any other emotion puts you in danger of manslaughter/murder charges. A Right to Carry is a huge responsibility. Not to be taken lightly.
I was taught different and I went through the class in Florida and Tennessee both were same. the stealing of a purse
does not endanger the life of the victim so one does not have the right to pull a gun on the perpetrator. One may pull a gun only when another life is in danger or their own.

I was taught different and I went through the class in Florida and Tennessee both were same. the stealing of a purse
does not endanger the life of the victim so one does not have the right to pull a gun on the perpetrator. One may pull a gun only when another life is in danger or their own.
I said assaulting and pulling on a woman's purse. A man assaulting a woman can certainly lead to her death.

I said assaulting and pulling on a woman's purse. A man assaulting a woman can certainly lead to her death.
one can assault with out putting victims life at stake, i under stand your post, ones life must be in danger before a citizen can pull a gun. that criminal can push the victim down to ground kick the victim while on ground or hit the victim with his fist that does not put the victims life at stake. if you pull a gun in this situation you can be sued and permit revoked also you could face some jail. If the criminal had a knife in his hand or a gun then you could pull your gun, that would be life at stake.
key;;;;; the victims Life Must be in danger.

How about this bad pup I built up for a friend a few years back. Besides internal mods, this Sig Sauer P229R, chambered in 9mm, features a custom mono-port barrel of my own design.

P229ROWATTA.jpg

Last edited:
one can assault with out putting victims life at stake, i under stand your post, ones life must be in danger before a citizen can pull a gun. that criminal can push the victim down to ground kick the victim while on ground or hit the victim with his fist that does not put the victims life at stake. if you pull a gun in this situation you can be sued and permit revoked also you could face some jail. If the criminal had a knife in his hand or a gun then you could pull your gun, that would be life at stake.
key;;;;; the victims Life Must be in danger.
I think the reason our instructor used the assault/purse snatching hypothetical is because here in Texas we are allowed to use deadly force to stop felony theft/vandalism. My instructor was upset that I was hesitant about using deadly force for protecting property and that I was extremely hesitant to use deadly force to protect others outside my family due to the possible/probable legal entanglements. He seemed to be pressing home my responsibility to act as part of an unofficial citizen's defense force. I reluctantly agreed.

I think the reason our instructor used the assault/purse snatching hypothetical is because here in Texas we are allowed to use deadly force to stop felony theft/vandalism. My instructor was upset that I was hesitant about using deadly force for protecting property and that I was extremely hesitant to use deadly force to protect others outside my family due to the possible/probable legal entanglements. He seemed to be pressing home my responsibility to act as part of an unofficial citizen's defense force. I reluctantly agreed.
-Oh I understand; just be careful like I said if you are in a situation it is always possible to wind up in court and you could be in trouble especially if a lawyer is claiming there was no danger to some ones life. crazy stuff happens and good stuff can get turned around on the one doing good.

For me, a gun is nothing more than a tool. No different than the hammer, screw drivers, pliers, knives, saws, levels, squares, axes, automobile, fishing rod, tackle, dinner fork, or any other tools I own. They each serve a particular purpose. Nothing more....nothing less.

That's right. Only a tool, no big deal. A pistols primary purpose is to stop fights.

It allows that petite 110 lb lady to stand up to the 220 pound criminally minded rapist and say NO!

I'm on the fence about protecting property with deadly force. The way the economy is, to rob a working man of his wages, may mean that his family would go hungry, the heat could get shut off, medications not bought..it's he and his families livelihood. I'd not begrudge a man for killing an armed robber.

Plus, we don't want to set a bad precedent that would encourage crime. If you go around saying you can take what you want as long as you don't hurt anyone...you'll have a line at your door. They won't think twice about robbing you.

Saying, you might just get shot if you try to rob me & mine of what's ours...sends a better message to the criminal element. It very well may dissuade them from the attack beforehand. Criminals don't want to be shot, they'll go look for an easier target.

If we let it become politically correct to not protect property, only life...the cowardly criminals will grow bolder and crime will soar.

I won't do that. My official stance is and will remain, that if you try to steal or rob me of anything, you'll probably get shot. Period.

I may or may not really shoot them, it depends on the situation and a multitude of variables. I didn't shoot the attempted home invader in Colorado, and they have the make my day law. I would've been fully justified in shooting him, (the cops even said so)...but he didn't get anything either. He left empty handed. So I feel I did the right thing.
The next guy may not be so lucky.
:wink

A pistol is used to fight your way back to the rifle that you shouldn't have layed down in the first place.
(Unknown)

:yes

I'd carry a rifle if it was feasible.

I don't conceal carry but if someone comes into my house, I don't care if they armed with a paperclip, they are going down. WC Fields had saying that applies here: Never give a sucker an even break....

According to Texas law, a person commits deadly conduct if he or she “recklessly engages in conduct that places another in imminent danger of serious bodily injury” or if she “discharges a firearm at or in the direction of one or more individuals, or a habitation, building or vehicle.”
Deadly conduct can be a Class A misdemeanor or a third-degree felony, depending on how it is alleged. That was unclear Wednesday, because the indictment remains sealed.

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/courts...cle_f79a3fb3-a6f5-5b60-bfb1-96a3df953fbc.html
this is about a lady that was not in control during a purse snatching. In her case she shot while the guy was running away and others were around; even if he was not running away and one pulled a gun and shot in close quarters some one else may feel in danger if one were to miss; one could wind up in court like this lady.
when DITLD and I were posting to each other I mentioned, be careful. Any of us that carry need to be careful if we
feel we need to pull a gun in some situation. This lady could be in trouble. I am in no way inferring any one here would do this, however this is a good example of be careful, when adrenaline is pumping we can make a mistake.
be careful people. imo opinion a gun instructor would not be there to help any of us out if we make a mistake in a bad situation.

Do you all realize how many people are walking around armed, nowadays, a lot.

It's weird, but I know this is scary to most people. It actually makes me feel good though. Most gun people are good peaceful people, whereas gang bangers and criminal types are not, but more often than not, they're gunning for each other and not the general public.

So that's not as big of a problem as the media let's on. They want us to all be scared, so they can pass another law eroding our rights in the name of "protecting us". Which by law, they're not bound to do anyway.

You don't hear about good people carrying guns, you don't hear about good people who've owned guns for years and years...and nothing bad happens. It's not newsworthy, it's boring...

This just in, Reba's 22 rifle is still leaning in the corner of the closet, where it's been for so many years...

See? Not newsworthy. For every one incident of someone misusing a gun or wotnot, there's thousands of other people who had no incident.

It's not as bad as they say it is. I hate all these new commercials they broadcast now, if you have a gun lock it up so the children won't get hurt...how about, teach and train the children in the safe handling and operation of them instead? There's no safety in ignorance. The kids have to know how to react, when their friend pulls out his dad's 9mm.

The reaction shouldn't be fear, but safety protocols.

The Mini-14 that started it all. Couldn't hit the dirt berm until I installed s 6" strut beneath the barrel. Now I rival ARs.

ASRM2-BT-BC_fullview02.jpg

Ruger Mini-14 196-series chambered in .223 Remington. 24x target scope with zoom.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back