Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The identity of the antichrist in 5 verses

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
in the Biblical sense no...
Man is using his idea of what words say instead of turning to Scripture..

What is that saying? something about letting Scripture interpret Scripture... I dont recall the exact phrase...

why not change other words and titles in the Scripture..
Why think about the way God wrote them? Why should that matter?

Lets just change these verses..so they read in a more comfortable way

Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

Rev_22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

repeated violation of 2.2 reba

Last edited by a moderator:
Scripturally antichrist means folks who do not believe Jesus the Christ is the Son of God...
Thats it , look it up.. show me i am wrong... scripturally
Satan himself is not antichrist according to scripture.... He knows who Jesus is...

It means anti-anointing. The problem is not Jesus being the Son of God. The problem is Jesus being the Son of God had having the power of God on Earth. This is why Satan fought over Moses body. Satan is under the impression He is in charge down here and it should just be his power, not God getting in the way of things.

This is why the devils rebuked Jesus in the name of God. They felt He should not have a right to be anointed with God's power and boss them around.

So, Anti-christ means anti or against the concept of Messiah, which means anointed in Hebrew.

Any spirit that will not confess Jesus Christ come in the flesh, or that the power of the anointing came on Jesus flesh is not of God.
Jesus could have just come in the flesh, no issues, but He came also with the Power of the Anointing and authority of God. That became the issue for devils.

Mike.

Why don't we just let people call the beast the anti-christ, since he is one, and let it go at that?

Because it begins a descent down a slippery slope of false interpretations. Why would you want to settle for deception? Anti-Christ is a description, not a title. It is defined in just four verses in the bible.

1Jo 2:18 - Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

1Jo 2:22 - Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1Jo 4:3 - And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2Jo 1:7 - For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.​

• We know there are many anti-christs.
  • They deny both Father and Son.
  • They either are, or follow, a spirit that won't accept Jesus Christ is come in the flesh, and will promote this deception.

Scripture says;
1Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1Jn 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1Jn 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
2Jn 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Chapter and verse are posted itis easy to read these in contest

So none of you believe that the beast out of the sea is the anti-christ?
Then who is this beast?
Come on, let's get your answers so I can slam you all.

So none of you believe that the beast out of the sea is the anti-christ?
Then who is this beast?
Come on, let's get your answers so I can slam you all.

The Gentile Pagan Roman Empire. It had antichrist qualities for some people who worshiped power, but not all were deceived.

The Gentile Pagan Roman Empire. It had antichrist qualities for some people who worshiped power, but not all were deceived.
Okay, good answer.
But I think it's a person.
the two beasts are representative of one world order and one world religion but I think they are people.
then you believe the beast is past not future?
You mean the sea of Antiquity is no more?
What happened to it?

Okay, good answer.
But I think it's a person.
the two beasts are representative of one world order and one world religion but I think they are people.

You mean the sea of Antiquity is no more?
What happened to it?

It's head was Nero, so that was the beast personified. The beast of the land was the apostate Jewish leadership, political and religious, that adopted and promoted pagan Roman values. Rome established the world order, and the corruption of temple Judaism by pagan values left all state sanctioned religion defiled.

It's head was Nero, so that was the beast personified. The beast of the land was the apostate Jewish leadership, political and religious, that adopted and promoted pagan Roman values. Rome established the world order, and the corruption of temple Judaism by pagan values left all state sanctioned religion defiled.
Nope.
Wrong.
Next.

No Place in Scripture do i see an antichrist with a kingdom... No where in scripture do i see antichrist referring to one guy...
Hi reba, That is true. The man of sin is not "The" anti- Christ., but he is "An" anti-Christ. The thing is, that people will be looking for an atheist denying God. But an anti- Christ. (which are many) (1 John 4: 2-3) is one who denies the deity of Christ (that He is God in the flesh. (The Christ, The Messiah or God with us, Emmanuel, promised in the OT). But he will be a very religious person, and able to perform miracles in view of the people as if he were a God. He is energized by the Spirit of Satan. (2 Thessalonians Chapter 2) The beast out of the sea is a Babylonian mystery government (an imperial form of civil power) That the beast is head of ( a Cesar).
The beast out of the earth is the "false prophet", "man of sin" an anti-Christ, who was helped by the many anti-Christ through the ages by their false doctrine of Christ Deity (teaching He was just a good man, a created being). Babylon the mystery religion. And because God allows him to perform miracles (to those who did not love the knowledge of the Truth) so that they receive the rewards of their disbelief . To add to this, no one is going to know exactly everything, except those who are living at that time. I support a foundation called CJF. The Christian Jew Foundation. The Rabbi there seems to think that the first beast is "The Anti-Christ" and the second beast is the "man of sin" that glorifies the first beast so that he is worshiped. At any rate, this prophecy is for the servants of Christ to know, not the curious or idle. (Rev. 1: 1)

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back