Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The identity of the antichrist in 5 verses

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Anti can also mean, instead of.
Strong's #500
An opponent of the Messiah,
Comp. Of #473
Opposite, instead, or because of.
Substitution.....
He is the one sitting in the temple of God, claiming to be God.
2These.2:4

Strong's #500
Comp. Of #473
Substitution.....

Christ was crucified to pay for our sins. One way to understand the term antichrist is as substitution, those who want to take the place of Christ. These deceived might see it as assuming and enjoying the glory of God's Anointing for themselves, but substituting themselves for Jesus Christ would mean they eventually must pay for their sins themselves.

Christ was crucified to pay for our sins. One way to understand the term antichrist is as substitution, those who want to take the place of Christ. These deceived might see it as assuming and enjoying the glory of God's Anointing for themselves, but substituting themselves for Jesus Christ would mean they eventually must pay for their sins themselves.
Interesting, thanks for input.

Strong's #500
Comp. Of #473
Substitution.....

I bring Solomon back up because it is the final statement of the OP.
I don't think he fits the anti-christ .

This is a good reply.
Thank you.

This king who reigns over the kingdom (the beast) out of the sea was/ will be not just an anti-christ, he is THE anti-christ; meaning the biggest and baddest of all liars who deny Christ. He will be energized and empowered by satan himself. As far as I can tell from scripture, he has already appeared and destroyed the Temple. And that spirit of destruction that energized that king back then is locked in the abyss right now but will be re-released in the end and an eighth king will appear on behalf of the ten horned/ seven headed beast out of the sea energized by that re-released power of destruction. That is THE anti-christ that we are presently waiting to be revealed (2 Thessalonians 2:8). He was, now is not, but will be again (Revelation 17:9-11). (Note: I think Hitler was the seventh king who had to appear for a while).

The interesting thing is this eighth king, along with the ten horns, will destroy the great prostitute, which I think is a certain church that we are not to discuss in these forums :wink.
Hi Jethro, You could be right about your last sentence. I believe that the last beast is the "False Prophet" who gives the first beast his Satanic authority and then has the first beast destroyed so that he (the second beast) receives all the glory and worship as he claims himself supreme ruler, Setting himself upon the throne in Jerusalem to be worshiped as God.. I do not claim eschatology on this, for I only know in part. I won't be here when this takes place. One thing, check the world population statistics of China on the net. I think it is on the CIA web site and see how close their population is to the 2,000,000,000 of the far east.

Yes, in CLOUDS. There are numeous ways showing the "hows" of return. Clouds are one of those showings.

Colossians 1:27
To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
What is the second coming we are waiting for if it is not the bodily return of Christ in his glorified body?

Hi Jethro, You could be right about your last sentence. I believe that the last beast is the "False Prophet" who gives the first beast his Satanic authority and then has the first beast destroyed so that he (the second beast) receives all the glory and worship as he claims himself supreme ruler, Setting himself upon the throne in Jerusalem to be worshiped as God.
I'll have to digest this.

What is the second coming we are waiting for if it is not the bodily return of Christ in his glorified body?
This:

Philippians 3:21
Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

The "return" is into the temple.

The second coming of Christ is at or near the end of the 7 year tribulation as The lord destroys the rule of the Gentile nations over Israel called the end of the "Times of the Gentiles" that started with Nebuchadnezzar (Dan. 1:1-2) and will end at Christ second coming (Luke 21:24) The stone cut out of the mountain that smashes the feet of the statue in Daniel 2:42-45 is the second coming of Christ to establish the Kingdom of God forever more.

Christ was crucified to pay for our sins.
A sinner does not incur a debt for his sin which has to be "paid back" to someone.
Sin creates a disconnect.

The temptation for the first sin was, "you will be like God,". Satan was telling Eve that she didn't need God to tell her what to do; she would be able to be like God and now what is good and what is evil all by herself. She wouldn't need God because she could be her own god. She was seduced into disconnecting from God and making her own choices about what was good for her. Being one's own god and deciding what is good for oneself is the foundation of every sin; it is the essence of sin.

The problem with that strategy (which the devil neglected to mention) is that God alone has life by nature. Every living creature has life as a gift from God. So, when anyone decides to "disconnect" from God and be their own god (the essence of all sin) they also decide to disconnect from The Only source of life. That means that the self-made god will die. The wages of being your own god in stead of God is death.

Whenever we sin, it is an act of an anti-CHrist who has decided to be a god in the place of God rather than to submit to the good and perfect will of the One True God.

1Jo 3:8b (NKJV) For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.

The work of the Devil was to get mankind to sin and, because the wages of sin is death, to cause man to die. (NOTE: a "wage" is not a "penalty" or a "punishment")

Jesus' death and resurrection destroyed the power which sin and death had over mankind. Now, everyone will be raised from the grave indestructible and immortal.

1Co 15:51-57 (NKJV)
Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed—in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.” “O Death, where is your sting? O Hades, where is your victory?”
The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ

Your eternal estate is up to you.

John 5:28-29 (NKJV) ... the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.

So Jesus didn't "pay" for our sin; He destroyed the power of the consequence of sin, which is death, to keep anyone in the grave. Jesus didn't "pay" the enemy of our souls to set us free; He destroyed our enemy's power to imprison us and set us free from death, hell and the grave.

my 2 kopecks

Iakov the fool

A sinner does not incur a debt for his sin which has to be "paid back" to someone.
Sin creates a disconnect.

The temptation for the first sin was, "you will be like God,". Satan was telling Eve that she didn't need God to tell her what to do; she would be able to be like God and now what is good and what is evil all by herself. She wouldn't need God because she could be her own god. She was seduced into disconnecting from God and making her own choices about what was good for her. Being one's own god and deciding what is good for oneself is the foundation of every sin; it is the essence of sin.

A nice story line, but I've heard better dissections. None of the bolded is the actual case from the text, but are personal ad on's that is common in the freewill camp.

You should try using Mark 4:15 sometime to understand what "really" happened to Adam and Eve. What you might find is that neither of them were "alone" in heart and you'll have to add another party IN their heart if you want a scriptural view of them. Not some "external" snake supposedly hanging in a tree but a real internal deceiver.

The scriptural account, IF we are to believe Jesus, is that Satan entered their hearts after the Word was sown. IN this more accurate sight, there is actually Adam and Satan and Eve and Satan.

The deceiver operated internally and unseen in them both.

So, yeah, surprise huh?

And IF this is the case, I'd suppose we might see the anti-Christ spirit operating, hmmm? Nearly identically, as it is spiritual deception after all. Too many people looking for some guy. Weird.

1 Kings 3:12 "Behold, I have done according to thy words: lo, I have given thee a wise and an understanding heart; so that there was none like thee before thee, neither after thee shall any arise like unto thee.

According to that King Solomon will return. As the great king, the antichrist, the man of sin.
:rolleyes That is not at all what the verse says.
It says that there was never as wise a king as Solomon before him and there won't be one after him.
It says absolutely NOTHING about Solomon returning or being the Antichrist.

iakov the fool

A nice story line,
It's not a story line.

You should try using Mark 4:15 sometime to understand what "really" happened to Adam and Eve.

Mark 4:15 is about what happens when a variety of people, who are already sinners, hear the Gospel. It's not about what happens to innocent (child-like) people, who have only known God, hear a lie for the first time.

What you might find is that neither of them were "alone" in heart and you'll have to add another party IN their heart if you want a scriptural view of them. Not some "external" snake supposedly hanging in a tree but a real internal deceiver.

Or I might just let the story stand as the original writer intended it to be written and not try to second-guess himand rewrite it.
The scriptural account, IF we are to believe Jesus, is that Satan entered their hearts after the Word was sown.
There was, at that time, no word to be sown.
IN this more accurate sight,
sez you

Sorry you got nothing out of my post. But then, you already know everything so, I guess it wasn't for you.:shrug

mazel tov

iakov the fool

Whats with John 5:28-29, those who have done good?, I thought it would say something more like those who had faith and believed. When did doing good works save?

Knowone is good but God, but those who do good will have eternal life. Thats a bit twisted and a rejection of Christs work as if you dont need him to be saved, unless its out of context.

Last edited:
Whats with John 5:28-29, those who have done good?, I thought it would say something more like those who had faith and believed. When did doing good works save?
Doing good works has saved ever since Jesus said they did.
If one has faith then it behooves one to do the "good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them." (Eph 2:10 NKJV)

Back