Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study The importance of the Baptism

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Bro.Tan

2024 Supporter
And Jesus came and spake unto them saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the son, and of the Holy Ghost;" (Matthew 28:18-19). These two verses have been mistakenly taught for generations. One mistake religious leaders make is baptizing people without teaching them about Jesus and His doctrine (teaching). Romans 10: verse 17, informs us that faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Therefore, how can you baptize someone in a belief (faith), when the person being baptized, has no knowledge about faith? Contrary to popular beliefs, faith in Jesus is more than calling his name. It’s about knowing the name you are calling on. "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. How then shall they call on him whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in him whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!" (Romans10:13-15).

Only a bible preacher can instruct out of the bible. Jesus warned us that many false prophets have gone out into the world; so, please, make sure that your preacher has been sent by God. You can tell the false prophets by their fruit (deeds); if they are not reading and living the entire bible then do not take heed (listen) to them.

Let us return to the main lesson. In Matthew 28, verse 19, the Lord commands his disciples to baptize in the name of the Father, the son, and the Holy Ghost. This is where religious leaders make their second mistake concerning baptism. They (religious leaders) will submerge (bring under water) the same person three times, to uphold the commandment to baptize in the name of the Father, son, and Holy Ghost. However, "Father", and "Son" are not names, but are a status to describe one's position in life; and the Holy Ghost is slang for the Holy Spirit. Jesus said to be baptized "in the name of the Father, son, and Holy Ghost", so, let's find someone with a name that relates to all three. Jesus Christ said, "I am come in my father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive." (John 5:43). This scripture informs us that both the father and the son's name is Jesus, because Jesus said that he came in his father's name. Jesus also, said; "But the comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." (John 14:26). The Lord has spoken! We are to baptize, and be baptized in the name of Jesus. There are no exceptions!

Pay close attention to Jesus is saying in John 20: 21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you. 22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost: 23 whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained. So now let’s get an example of how to do this Sisters and Brothers.

"Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, men and brethren, what shall we do? Then Peter said unto them, "repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 2:38). “Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.” Romans 6:3-4,

If we truly love God, then we will obey "Every word" that proceeds out of his mouth (Matthew 4:4). Baptism is one of those words. In order to be baptized, certain events must take place: You must repent, give up a lifestyle where sin has dominion, (ruler ship) over you. Sin according to 1 John 3:4, Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression (breaking) of the law. You must be taught "The Word", before you can adhere to God's commandments (judgments\statues). These laws are found in the Holy Bible; beginning with Genesis and ending with Revelation. You must believe what the bible says and finally, you must confess that Jesus is Lord.

Once this has been accomplished, you are qualified to be baptized in the name of Jesus.

"And he said unto them, go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned." (Mark 16:15-16).

Mat 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire.
The word fire means empowerment that can only come by the Holy Spirit. This is what it means to be baptized into the Baptism of Christ.

Ephesians 2:8 Salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus and not by works, which would make water baptism a work towards repentance. John said I must decrease and Jesus increase. John's water baptism was only for repentance as being prepared for the coming of the Lord as the water represented the washing away of sin, or as John put it "prepare ye the way of the Lord".

It is not clear in scripture that Jesus ever baptized anyone in water even though He first came to John's water baptism as a fulfillment of prophecy as He had to identify with humanity even though He had no sin. This was the beginning of Christ ministry as the Holy Spirit fell down on Him that day as God gave Him full power and authority here on earth and there after Jesus went about teaching the disciples as it was not Jesus who the Pharisees heard that He baptized more than John did, John 4:1-3, but His disciples baptizing others in water for remission of sin after the death of John the Baptist as all together they would have baptized others in water for the remission of sin then John could at one time. Jesus could not baptize anyone in the Holy Spirit until the day of Pentecost after He ascended up to the Father and the Father sent down the indwelling Holy Spirit, Acts 2.

John 3:5 never mentions the word baptize, but says only by being born of water and spirit, which means water as living water (word of God) that no one can enter into the kingdom of God unless they are Spiritually renewed (born again) by the hearing of the word, which is Christ Jesus and by the Holy Spirit that came on them in the OT and indwells us in the NT. Many do read into the passage a preconceived idea or theology, but baptism is never mentioned in this verse. Word is living water as described in John 4:10; 7:38; 1John 5:6; Jeremiah 2:13; Isaiah 55:1-3 to name a few.

If salvation came by actual immersion in water Jesus clearly could have simply stated, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is baptized by being immersed in water and born of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. Further, if Jesus had made such a statement, He would have contradicted numerous other Bible passages that make it clear that salvation is by faith (John 3:16; John 3:36; Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5).

One needs to hear the word of God, as word being living water, in order to know they have to be born again of the Spirit in order to see and enter the kingdom of God.

John's baptism was literal, but yet symbolic for cleansing after one repented of their sin. Notice in Mark 1:8 I have baptized you with (actual) water, but he (Jesus) will baptize you with the Holy Spirit. (Not water, but baptize you with the Holy Spirit after you have repented and made clean again through the washing of the word as you become a new creation in Christ.

To reject baptism is death; so, why will you die? Every soul that is baptized honors God and every soul that rejects baptism dishonors God.

"And all the people that heard him, and the publicans, justified God, being baptized with the baptism of John. But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of him." (Luke 7:29-30). People, if you are in a position to be baptized, why reject the counsel of God? Rejecting God's counsel will get you eternal life in the burning flames (lake of fire) with the scribes and Pharisees. "For I say unto you, that except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, Ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 5: 20).

Anyone that is not baptized is a person with their sins yet upon them, because it is the baptism that washes away our past sins. "And now why tarriest thou? Arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord." (Acts 22:16): Remember, before his crucifixion, Jesus told his disciples that his time (death) is not yet come; He also informed them that their time (death) can come at any moment. Brothers and sisters I beg of you, don't delay your baptism.

Another error made by many pastors, is the baptizing of infants and children. The Bible does not support this; in fact the Bible only gives examples of men and women being baptized. You have to understand that coming under the blood Jesus is big time covenant between God and that individual. A little child or infant can't hold that type of agreement for salvation. Little Children don't have license to drive before a certain age nor can buy liquor etc, but you expect that type of responsibilities on a infant or child, when it comes to the word of God that wouldn't be right. In the scriptures it's written Proverb 22: 6 Train up a child in the way he should go: And when he is old, he will not depart from it. So you train a child in the word of God and when that child is of age and ready, then he or she will get baptize in the name of Jesus.

And Jesus came and spake unto them saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the son, and of the Holy Ghost;" (Matthew 28:18-19). These two verses have been mistakenly taught for generations. One mistake religious leaders make is baptizing people without teaching them about Jesus and His doctrine (teaching). Romans 10: verse 17, informs us that faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Therefore, how can you baptize someone in a belief (faith), when the person being baptized, has no knowledge about faith? Contrary to popular beliefs, faith in Jesus is more than calling his name. It’s about knowing the name you are calling on. "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. How then shall they call on him whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in him whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!" (Romans10:13-15).

Only a bible preacher can instruct out of the bible. Jesus warned us that many false prophets have gone out into the world; so, please, make sure that your preacher has been sent by God. You can tell the false prophets by their fruit (deeds); if they are not reading and living the entire bible then do not take heed (listen) to them.

Let us return to the main lesson. In Matthew 28, verse 19, the Lord commands his disciples to baptize in the name of the Father, the son, and the Holy Ghost. This is where religious leaders make their second mistake concerning baptism. They (religious leaders) will submerge (bring under water) the same person three times, to uphold the commandment to baptize in the name of the Father, son, and Holy Ghost. However, "Father", and "Son" are not names, but are a status to describe one's position in life; and the Holy Ghost is slang for the Holy Spirit. Jesus said to be baptized "in the name of the Father, son, and Holy Ghost", so, let's find someone with a name that relates to all three. Jesus Christ said, "I am come in my father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive." (John 5:43). This scripture informs us that both the father and the son's name is Jesus, because Jesus said that he came in his father's name. Jesus also, said; "But the comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." (John 14:26). The Lord has spoken! We are to baptize, and be baptized in the name of Jesus. There are no exceptions!

Pay close attention to Jesus is saying in John 20: 21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you. 22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost: 23 whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained. So now let’s get an example of how to do this Sisters and Brothers.

"Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, men and brethren, what shall we do? Then Peter said unto them, "repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 2:38). “Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.” Romans 6:3-4,

If we truly love God, then we will obey "Every word" that proceeds out of his mouth (Matthew 4:4). Baptism is one of those words. In order to be baptized, certain events must take place: You must repent, give up a lifestyle where sin has dominion, (ruler ship) over you. Sin according to 1 John 3:4, Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression (breaking) of the law. You must be taught "The Word", before you can adhere to God's commandments (judgments\statues). These laws are found in the Holy Bible; beginning with Genesis and ending with Revelation. You must believe what the bible says and finally, you must confess that Jesus is Lord.

Once this has been accomplished, you are qualified to be baptized in the name of Jesus.

"And he said unto them, go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned." (Mark 16:15-16).
The so called great commission looks further than water...but about being immersed/surrounded in the presence of the Holy Trinty
The Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost

And Jesus came and spake unto them saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the son, and of the Holy Ghost;" (Matthew 28:18-19). These two verses have been mistakenly taught for generations.

Oh? How do you know this, exactly?

One mistake religious leaders make is baptizing people without teaching them about Jesus and His doctrine (teaching).

Are you thinking here of infant baptism? I don't know of any other circumstance where people are baptized without a knowledge of Christ and his teaching. What sense would there be in agreeing to being baptized without a knowledge of why baptism is necessary? That knowledge would necessarily require being informed of the Gospel, at least.

Imagine Harry says to Bob, "Hey, you wanna get baptized?"

Bob replies, "Sure, why not? I've got nothing else to do right now."

They go to Harry's pool in his backyard and Bob gets dunked in it by Harry. "There you go," Harry says, "You're baptized."

Bob shrugs and replies, "Okay. Got a towel? I forgot to bring one. You up for a round of golf this afternoon?"

Does this seem a likely situation to you? It doesn't to me... Who, then, except for babies, is being baptized without a knowledge of Jesus and his doctrine?

Romans 10: verse 17, informs us that faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Therefore, how can you baptize someone in a belief (faith), when the person being baptized, has no knowledge about faith?

How, indeed?

Just to be clear: Romans 10:17 isn't talking about faith in the sense of a religion, though, but in the sense of a settled confidence in the truth of a proposition, or propositions. In the case of Romans 10:17, those propositions are they which constitute the Gospel. Paul, speaking rhetorically, asks "How can someone have faith in the truths of the Gospel if they haven't heard the Gospel?" He isn't speaking of The Faith, that is, Christianity, the religion.

Contrary to popular beliefs, faith in Jesus is more than calling his name. It’s about knowing the name you are calling on. "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. How then shall they call on him whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in him whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!" (Romans10:13-15).

Why would anyone call on the name of Christ, knowing nothing of him, right?

Only a bible preacher can instruct out of the bible.

??? Chapter and verse, please.

If Hitler declared to a crowd of people, "Jesus is the Savior of the world" would he be preaching a falsehood because he's an evil man? If Stalin, the murderer of millions, said, "Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, no man comes to the Father but by him," would he by saying something wrong or false because he's the one who's saying it? Is God's truth dependent for it's truth upon the one speaking it? I'm sure you'd say not. So, then, it would be better not to strictly confine who can and can't speak God's truth. God's truth is true no matter who speaks it, Bible preacher, or not.

Jesus warned us that many false prophets have gone out into the world; so, please, make sure that your preacher has been sent by God. You can tell the false prophets by their fruit (deeds); if they are not reading and living the entire bible then do not take heed (listen) to them.

Oh, I think there is more to properly discerning from whom you should be taught God's truth than the content of their living. Ironically, you're teaching in your OP, but none of those to whom you're offering spiritual instruction have any idea what your life is like. Should they, then, immediately discard everything you've written? Who knows what the content of your life might be? Maybe, if we could get a microscope on how you live, we'd think you quite a rotten fellow. Maybe not. But, if your standard above for discerning a false prophet is to be taken seriously, we all ought to ignore your OP until such time as we can inspect your life.

Maybe, though, a better standard is God's word against which we can assess the truth or falsity of your statements.

In Matthew 28, verse 19, the Lord commands his disciples to baptize in the name of the Father, the son, and the Holy Ghost. This is where religious leaders make their second mistake concerning baptism. They (religious leaders) will submerge (bring under water) the same person three times, to uphold the commandment to baptize in the name of the Father, son, and Holy Ghost.

Interesting. I'm assuming that this is a Roman Catholic thing? I've never seen anyone in my denomination do the "three dunks" thing...

However, "Father", and "Son" are not names, but are a status to describe one's position in life; and the Holy Ghost is slang for the Holy Spirit.

??? Uh, no, they are actual names given to the three Persons of the Triune Godhead, distinguishing them from one another.

Continued below.

Jesus said to be baptized "in the name of the Father, son, and Holy Ghost", so, let's find someone with a name that relates to all three. Jesus Christ said, "I am come in my father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive." (John 5:43). This scripture informs us that both the father and the son's name is Jesus, because Jesus said that he came in his father's name. Jesus also, said; "But the comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." (John 14:26). The Lord has spoken! We are to baptize, and be baptized in the name of Jesus. There are no exceptions!

??? You pointed out that Jesus himself said that one ought to be baptized in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:20). But, then, you deny his command and tell us to not do that but baptize only in Jesus' name. Do you not see how confused and contradictory your remarks are here?

I'm going to do exactly what Jesus said explicitly and plainly to do when baptizing folks:

Matthew 28:19
19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

If we truly love God, then we will obey "Every word" that proceeds out of his mouth (Matthew 4:4). Baptism is one of those words.

??? Matthew 4:4 doesn't say this:

4 But he answered, “It is written, “‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”

Yes, Jesus is the God-Man, but in this instance when he was being tempted of the devil, he was not referring to every word that he was speaking (or would speak), but to the written word of God - which, at the time Jesus said what he did in Matthew 4:4, was only the Tanakh.

In order to be baptized, certain events must take place: You must repent, give up a lifestyle where sin has dominion, (ruler ship) over you.

Where in Scripture does it say that, in order to be baptized, a person must have given up their lifestyle dominated by sin? You might want to read the story in Acts of Phillip and the Ethiopian eunuch. Where in the account does the Ethiopian eunuch have time to give up a lifestyle dominated by sin before he is baptized? Having heard the Gospel, he very likely intended to do so, but actually doing so didn't - and couldn't - happen before he was baptized.

You must be taught "The Word", before you can adhere to God's commandments (judgments\statues). These laws are found in the Holy Bible; beginning with Genesis and ending with Revelation. You must believe what the bible says and finally, you must confess that Jesus is Lord.

Wow. Lots of rules for baptism you're laying down! More than the Bible actually does, I think. Are you part of a local community of Christians, well-involved in its life and work? It doesn't sound like it to me. May I suggest that you read Ephesians 4:11-16? One of the major benefits of remaining connected to the Body of Believers is its stabilizing and correcting effect on wonky thinking about God's truth.

To reject baptism is death

??? Chapter and verse, please.

"And all the people that heard him, and the publicans, justified God, being baptized with the baptism of John. But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of him." (Luke 7:29-30). People, if you are in a position to be baptized, why reject the counsel of God? Rejecting God's counsel will get you eternal life in the burning flames (lake of fire) with the scribes and Pharisees. "For I say unto you, that except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, Ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 5: 20).

So, where in all this is it said, "To reject baptism is death"? You might want to consider the thief on the cross who was promised Paradise by Christ. What of the person who trusts in Christ on their death-bed and is unable to be baptized?

Anyone that is not baptized is a person with their sins yet upon them, because it is the baptism that washes away our past sins. "And now why tarriest thou? Arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord." (Acts 22:16)

??? No, it is only the shed blood of Christ at Calvary that cleanses anyone of their sin. Read Romans 5:9, Colossians 1:20, Hebrews 9-10:21 and Revelations 1:5. You might want to consider also that Acts 22:16 doesn't say "...and wash away your sins by being baptized...". In light of these other verses I've just cited to you, what "washes away sin" is the blood of Christ, the cleansing effect of which is applied to us when we trust in him as Savior. Water baptism has no such effect.

Acts 2:14-41 On the day of Pentecost after they in the upper room were filled with the Holy Spirit, being around 120 including the Disciples, Peter stood up and gave his first sermon to the crowd outside in Jerusalem. After he was done the crowd that heard Peter preach the word of God they asked Peter and the other Disciples "what shall we do?" Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

If you read through all those verses it says those men that were in Jerusalem, which were around 3000, that heard the word being preached (First hearing the word) were pricked or another word were being convicted of their sin (repentance) by the Holy Spirit that spoke through Peter (faith). What happened next they were all baptized into the baptism of Christ (completely different then John's baptism in water) as faith comes by hearing the word of God. There was no call to be immersed in water, but to be immersed in the word of God and at that time was given the indwelling of the Holy Spirit right where they stood.

Hear what John the Baptist spoke:
Mat 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
Mat 3:12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

It's being baptized into the death and resurrection of Christ as we put off the old carnal man, and put on the new Spiritual man that is now being led by the indwelling Holy Spirit.

Col 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Col 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
Col 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Mat 17:19 Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out?
Mat 17:20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

After the Disciples could not heal this boy they asked Jesus why and it was because of their unbelief. If one has no belief in Christ before they are water baptized then it is only in vain.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Hearing, faith, repentance in that order.

"But when they believed Phillip preaching the things concerning the Kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women." hen Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done. Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John: Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:

(For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost. (Acts 8:13-17):

Another important thing to understand concerning the Baptism brother and sisters. one must be submerge under water fully. Lets take a look in Act 8:35-39 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus. And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him. And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.

"And it came to pass, that, while Apollo was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples, he said unto them, Have ye received the Holy ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, "We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.” And he said unto them, "unto what then were ye baptized?" And they said unto John's baptism.

Then Paul said, “John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him who should come after him, that is, Jesus Christ.” When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. When Paul had laid hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied. And all the men were about twelve." (Acts 19:1-7).

Acts 2:14-41 On the day of Pentecost after they in the upper room were filled with the Holy Spirit, being around 120 including the Disciples, Peter stood up and gave his first sermon to the crowd outside in Jerusalem. After he was done the crowd that heard Peter preach the word of God they asked Peter and the other Disciples "what shall we do?" Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

If you read through all those verses it says those men that were in Jerusalem, which were around 3000, that heard the word being preached (First hearing the word) were pricked or another word were being convicted of their sin (repentance) by the Holy Spirit that spoke through Peter (faith). What happened next they were all baptized into the baptism of Christ (completely different then John's baptism in water) as faith comes by hearing the word of God. There was no call to be immersed in water, but to be immersed in the word of God and at that time was given the indwelling of the Holy Spirit right where they stood.

Hear what John the Baptist spoke:
Mat 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
Mat 3:12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

It's being baptized into the death and resurrection of Christ as we put off the old carnal man, and put on the new Spiritual man that is now being led by the indwelling Holy Spirit.

Col 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Col 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
Col 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Mat 17:19 Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out?
Mat 17:20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

After the Disciples could not heal this boy they asked Jesus why and it was because of their unbelief. If one has no belief in Christ before they are water baptized then it is only in vain.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Hearing, faith, repentance in that order.
Love the way you 🤔 think
Would love to look into this and play the advocate

Love the way you 🤔 think
Would love to look into this and play the advocate
Why play the devils advocate when you have truth right in front of you if you have a Bible. Either you believe what God had the Prophets and Disciples to write or you believe a carnal teaching that makes sense to a carnal mind. You will always see me give scripture to back myself up. Go read and study it for yourself.

Why play the devils advocate when you have truth right in front of you if you have a Bible. Either you believe what God had the Prophets and Disciples to write or you believe a carnal teaching that makes sense to a carnal mind. You will always see me give scripture to back myself up. Go read and study it for yourself.
Where is that comig from? Gee

Playing advocate for me means to asked questions until there Is no more to asked.

For 1, because I believe that the so called great commision is not speaking of water but immersed, surrounding, identification with the presence of God, the holy trinity.

I thought it was interesting, when you said it wasn't water, never heard anybody express that. I have to learn to look ignore what seems to be people's attitude and just look at what they are saying.

And I will- 😃
My theory in which I am not dogmatic about is:

One receives the Holy Spirit when they believe who Jesus is - the son of the living God.

I play my own advocate here because then I asked..but then it says (believes, believeth) which may means continues...so uh o

Next as they walk in faith they receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost which is life.

Another words one moves from one place in their journey to the next as they learn to depend on God and walk in Faith.

As Jesus Christ to Christ Jesus
From earth to heaven

I believe one can have the spirit and also be feeled with the Holy Ghost (power)

But back to Water Baptism, I believe the "great commission" is not talking about water, but immersion into the presrnce of God by getting caught up in the work of God. For He says Make disciples by baptizing them. teaching them to do all that I commanded you.

So remember how I was saying there is a difference between Jesus Christ and Christ Jesus.

Well a thought pass me when I read what you wrote. I thought...and im not dogmatic about my thought. That Jesus the Christ, Jesus Christ is referring to His new position in heaven, all power.

Playing advocate for me means to asked questions until there Is no more to asked.

For 1, because I believe that the so called great commision is not speaking of water but immersed, surrounding, identification with the presence of God, the holy trinity.

I thought it was interesting, when you said it wasn't water, never heard anybody express that. I have to learn to look ignore what seems to be people's attitude and just look at what they are saying.

And I will- 😃
My theory in which I am not dogmatic about is:

One receives the Holy Spirit when they believe who Jesus is - the son of the living God.

I play my own advocate here because then I asked..but then it says (believes, believeth) which may means continues...so uh o

Next as they walk in faith they receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost which is life.

Another words one moves from one place in their journey to the next as they learn to depend on God and walk in Faith.

As Jesus Christ to Christ Jesus
From earth to heaven

I believe one can have the spirit and also be feeled with the Holy Ghost (power)

But back to Water Baptism, I believe the "great commission" is not talking about water, but immersion into the presrnce of God by getting caught up in the work of God. For He says Make disciples by baptizing them. teaching them to do all that I commanded you.

So remember how I was saying there is a difference between Jesus Christ and Christ Jesus.

Well a thought pass me when I read what you wrote. I thought...and im not dogmatic about my thought. That Jesus the Christ, Jesus Christ is referring to His new position in heaven, all power.
Thank you for explaining this. Many are not taught about being baptized into Christ that is different then being immersed in actual water.

We put on Jesus by the renewal of our mind, body and soul through Jesus life, death and resurrection by which we can reconcile ourselves back to Gods grace and mercy through His Salvation of Spiritual renewal and Spiritual rebirth of spirit. We now have the mind of Christ as joint heirs with Jesus as we walk in the path of Jesus and not our own path anymore.

John 3:3-21 except a man be born again of water and Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. Vs.6 that which is born of the Flesh is flesh and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Flesh cannot perceive the things of the Spirit and is enmity against God, Romans 8:6, 7.

Sin separates us from God because God is a spirit and can only recognize his own children by what spirit is living in their hearts. We have to renew, rebirth - born again, Gods Spirit within us in order to be called a child of God and see the kingdom of heaven. We now put off the old man (flesh) and put on the new man (Spirit), Colossians 3:1-17. We are renewed by the word of God and through the Holy Spirit teaching us of all things, John 14:26.

Acts 2:38,39 When we repent of our sins and ask Jesus into our hearts we are also receiving the promise of God that his Holy Spirit will come and dwell in our hearts and teach us of all things we need to learn, John 14:26. The baptism that Peter was talking about in Acts 2:38 was a Spiritual rebirth through the word of God. Some people think it is being dunked or sprinkled with water the way John the Baptist did and there is nothing wrong with that for it is an outward appearance to man that you have repented and received Jesus and the Holy Spirit into your life, Matthew 3:11, but Jesus himself never baptized with water, John 4:2, for the baptism of Jesus was for receiving the Spirit of God (Holy Spirit) that helps us to know the will of the Father, 1 Thessalonians 4:1-12.

Now Paul said in (Rom. 3:23-25) (v.23) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. (v.24) Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: (v.25) Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God. So the bible tells you to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 2 :36-38). And by doing so you come up under his precious blood and then you are saved from your sins that are past, not present or future sins but for sins that are past.

We were all locked under death by Adam’s sin, even the second death. But when Jesus became (he was God in the beginning) man and died for the sins of the world, he gave us access back to the tree of life (himself) which Adam had caused us to lose. That’s what grace is, our free gift our access back to the tree of life but that’s another lesson for another time.

So by coming under the blood of Jesus you are saved from your past sins. And if you are saved now, it is on a day to day basis. Because for all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God (Romans 23:3), and if you continue to live you will sin again. It is the willful sinning that you need to put in check. For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. (Hebrew 10: 26, 27)

Thank you for explaining this. Many are not taught about being baptized into Christ that is different then being immersed in actual water.

We put on Jesus by the renewal of our mind, body and soul through Jesus life, death and resurrection by which we can reconcile ourselves back to Gods grace and mercy through His Salvation of Spiritual renewal and Spiritual rebirth of spirit. We now have the mind of Christ as joint heirs with Jesus as we walk in the path of Jesus and not our own path anymore.

John 3:3-21 except a man be born again of water and Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. Vs.6 that which is born of the Flesh is flesh and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Flesh cannot perceive the things of the Spirit and is enmity against God, Romans 8:6, 7.

Sin separates us from God because God is a spirit and can only recognize his own children by what spirit is living in their hearts. We have to renew, rebirth - born again, Gods Spirit within us in order to be called a child of God and see the kingdom of heaven. We now put off the old man (flesh) and put on the new man (Spirit), Colossians 3:1-17. We are renewed by the word of God and through the Holy Spirit teaching us of all things, John 14:26.

Acts 2:38,39 When we repent of our sins and ask Jesus into our hearts we are also receiving the promise of God that his Holy Spirit will come and dwell in our hearts and teach us of all things we need to learn, John 14:26. The baptism that Peter was talking about in Acts 2:38 was a Spiritual rebirth through the word of God. Some people think it is being dunked or sprinkled with water the way John the Baptist did and there is nothing wrong with that for it is an outward appearance to man that you have repented and received Jesus and the Holy Spirit into your life, Matthew 3:11, but Jesus himself never baptized with water, John 4:2, for the baptism of Jesus was for receiving the Spirit of God (Holy Spirit) that helps us to know the will of the Father, 1 Thessalonians 4:1-12.

Hi, I came across something on the net
That was saying that people were still doing John's baptism. And I wanted to look into that.

The way I see it one may be able to find out by what was taught.

This is a bit much for my processing ...I wish you could break some things down a bit.
But I'll try to asked some questions to see where you are coming from. 😃

Hi, I came across something on the net
That was saying that people were still doing John's baptism. And I wanted to look into that.

The way I see it one may be able to find out by what was taught.

This is a bit much for my processing ...I wish you could break some things down a bit.
But I'll try to asked some questions to see where you are coming from. 😃
You will see I give a lot of scripture as full content is very important for our understanding. Just take your time studying all of it and always here to answer questions.

Acts 2:38,39 When we repent of our sins and ask Jesus into our hearts we are also receiving the promise of God that his Holy Spirit will come and dwell in our hearts and teach us of all things we need to learn, John 14:26. The baptism that Peter was talking about in Acts 2:38 was a Spiritual rebirth through the word of God. Some people think it is being dunked or sprinkled with water the way John the Baptist did and there is nothing wrong with that for it is an outward appearance to man that you have repented and received Jesus and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit into your life, Matthew 3:11, but Jesus himself never baptized with water, John 4:2, for the baptism of Jesus was for receiving the Spirit of God (Holy Spirit) that helps us to learn all truths and to know the will of the Father, 1 Thessalonians 4:1-12.

There is nothing wrong with immersion in water as this is an outward appearance to others that you have received Gods Salvation and the Holy Spirit. When the Disciples where in the upper room they all received the Holy Spirit, not by immersion of water, but by Gods Spirit falling on them. What about those people who can not be immersed in water that are incapacitated. Peter did not say that it was through water that we receive the Holy Spirit in Acts 10:47, 48 he was saying that others should not forbid a Gentile who wants to be immersed in water, but repentance must come first. After repentance and the Spiritual rebirth, John 3:5-7, we are then baptized in the Holy Spirit and fire through that of Christ baptism according to Acts 2:38, 39, Matthew 3:11.

John's Baptism in water (repentance) Baptism of Christ (indwelling of the Holy Spirit).

Listen people, only adults are to be baptized, because once you go under the water in Jesus’ name, you are then under the blood of Jesus and the Lord is going to hold you responsible. Woe be unto anyone, who takes the Lord's name in vain! He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses. How much of a sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the spirit of the grace? For we know him that hath said, "Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense," saith the Lord. And again, the Lord shall judge his people. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. (Hebrews 10:28-31).

So, by all means do the right thing, and come be ye baptized. Don't hesitate; the very life you save will be your own. Remember, the Pharisees, and that, because they rejected the counsel of God, they will be tossed into the burning flames; at the "Great White Throne Judgment,” where they will be tormented forever. Therefore, don't be a modern day Pharisee; get smart, come ye to the water and wash away your sins.

The bible says, we must not only be a hearer of the word, but a doer of the word also (James 1:21-22). DON'T FOOL YOURSELF! If we really have faith in Jesus our actions will prove it. If Jesus is our Lord then we will obey him. Even a child will obey a parent, by getting good grades in school, for the reward of a new bicycle. The child cannot earn money for the bicycle, but instead must act upon their faith to receive the free gift. We must do the same to receive eternal life. "FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD” (James 2:20).

Some say you must obey God's word, but then they turn around and teach contrary to God's word. At best they never get around to explaining exactly what kind of works are needed to get eternal life. A man asked Jesus this very question, "...What good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?", and Jesus replied, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. (Matthew 19:16-19).

We were all locked under death by Adam’s sin, even the second death. But when Jesus became (he was God in the beginning) man and died for the sins of the world, he gave us access back to the tree of life (himself)

Nowhere in the Bible is Jesus ever called "The Tree of Life."

That’s what grace is, our free gift our access back to the tree of life but that’s another lesson for another time.

No, "grace" refers to a number of things in God's word - unmerited favor, power, beauty, etc. - but nowhere in the Bible is the grace of God connected to the Tree of Life in Eden.

So by coming under the blood of Jesus you are saved from your past sins. And if you are saved now, it is on a day to day basis. Because for all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God (Romans 23:3), and if you continue to live you will sin again. It is the willful sinning that you need to put in check. For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. (Hebrew 10: 26, 27)

A child of God remains saved on a day-to-day basis? You think a person's salvation lasts only so long as they refrain from willful sin? Is this correct?

If it is, if this is what you are proposing in the quotation above, you have not properly considered God's word. Paul the apostle said of the believers at Corinth that they were "carnal babes in Christ" (1 Corinthians 3:1) describing them as fractious, partisan and guilty even of allowing gross sexual sin to continue unchecked in their midst (1 Corinthians 3:2-4; 1 Corinthians 5; 1 Corinthians 11). But though the believers at Corinth were guilty of all of these things -and willfully so - Paul still called them God's "fields" and "buildings," "temples" of the Holy Spirit, "brethren," and confirmed that they were Christ's (1 Corinthians 3:1, 9, 16, 23; 1 Corinthians 4:6; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20, etc.). Paul did not think that willful sin dissolved the adoption of a genuine child of God.

Paul's view comports well with Christ's parable of the Prodigal Son (Luke 15:11-32) in which a rebellious, profligate child took his inheritance, went off into a "far country" and wasted it all in raucous living, ended up in a pig pen eating discarded corn husks, and finally returned home penniless, repentant and contrite. At no time in the story did the son actually die; at no time in the story was the son ever not his father's child. The Prodigal's status as a member of his father's family remained unchanged no matter where he went or what he did and he was instantly and joyfully received by his father when he returned.

Like the Prodigal Son, the believers at Corinth remained children of their (Heavenly) Father no matter their conduct. They were not adopted by God because of something in themselves that merited His doing so (Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5; 2 Timothy 1:9), but ONLY because they were, by their trust in him, "in Christ" (Galatians 2:20; 2 Corinthians 5:17; Ephesians 1:1-13). Solely because of their spiritual position in him were they accepted by God and since God is always accepting of Christ, all those in him are also always accepted by God. So, then, there is no danger to the born-again person of salvation lost; their salvation does not depend on them, but on the perfect Savior (John 14:6; Acts 4:12).

Hebrews 10:26-27, then, speaks of the believer who sins willfully and in the process ceases to enjoy the peace-making effect of being "in Christ" who has reconciled them to God through himself (2 Corinthians 4:17-21; Colossians 1:19-22). Only in repentance from, and confession of, their sin can they enjoy all that is theirs in Christ; so long as they persist in the sin they know not to do, they are prevented from experiencing all the benefits of their adoption into God's family and, instead, labor constantly under the feeling that God's wrath will sweep down upon them in vengeful fury. It won't, of course, because of Christ, but God's discipline will certainly work upon all of His wayward children (Hebrews 12:5-11).

Listen people, only adults are to be baptized, because once you go under the water in Jesus’ name, you are then under the blood of Jesus and the Lord is going to hold you responsible.

God holds the unrepentant sinner responsible for their sin and will cast them into hell for it. But those who have, by trusting in Christ as their Savior and yielding to him as Lord, become born-again children of God, never again stand under the wrath of God under which the un-adopted person constantly stands.

Romans 5:8-10
8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him.
10 For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

John 6:37
37 ...whoever comes to me I will never cast out.

John 10:28-29
28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.
29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand.

Back