Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The "Lack of Belief" Word Game

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Again, not being an atheist, I can't truly comment on their reasons for entering into a "does god exist" thread.

I can only speak for myself. I do not know if a god or gods exist. I haven't had any compelling evidence to deem it [gods existing] true. I have no problems with them existing.
I have no idea what the relationship between the original post and your comment happens to be. Do you understand the argument being made?

I will try again. The next few posts I will work through the argument and help everyone understand it. I am becoming a teacher and putting aside the debate for the time being. Thus, I expect anyone who responds to my posts to do so under the intention of understanding rather than agreeing or disagreeing with my argument. I am the teacher. You are the student.

My argument seeks to establish that atheists are playing word games by flouting the maxims of Manner and Quality when using the 'lack of belief in gods' definition of atheism in discussions about 'does a god exist.'

I realize my thesis may be difficult to understand, particularly the technical components. However, it is better to work through the argument step-by-step rather than explaining the thesis. As we reach the conclusion of the argument, the thesis should be readily understood.

I want to stop at this point and ask if the interested parties understand how we will proceed. What are the ground rules for the conversation which will follow? How will be progress in our conversation? What are the roles for the participants in the discussion?

Everything in our world gives the appearance of being a creation, this is clearly evident to the human mind, however we have people who chose to lie about what they observe and at the same time try to convince us how intelligent they are.

Everything in our world gives the appearance of being a creation, this is clearly evident to the human mind, however we have people who chose to lie about what they observe and at the same time try to convince us how intelligent they are.
Do you like ponies, Sam?

I'm agnostic. However, I understand the arguments And it ISN'T like "not seeing oxygen". Oxygen can be tested for, and a person has a direct experience with oxygen.

Two things. One, maybe I should have used gravity as a better example.

Two, I call that claim debatable. Can you explain out of body experiences? How can an atheist who is so dead set on "there is no God" say we have no soul/spirit?

I don't know if the video is somewhere deep on Youtube or online, but there was a man who had an out of body experience where his heart was to be operated on. His face was covered by a thick veil so no matter what, his eyes would not see anything. As they operated on his heart, he woke up from his sleep and found himself "floating" above the doctor operating on him. He could describe what he was wearing and what he was doing.

The key point in this experience, is that he saw the doctor position his arm in a way where he would move his body left and right, with his elbows out. He would move his left and right elbows in a particular fashion and the nurses watched.

After the surgery, he talked to the doctor and told him about it. He asked, "What were you doing with your elbows?" and he imitated what he saw him do. He was shocked and had no idea how he found out about it. None of the nurses could have told him about it, and that was the first day he did anything of that sort. He explained that what he must have saw him do, was him using his elbows to point at parts of the operation, to keep his hands sterile. To this day, the doctor does not see how it was possible for him to know that, since it was impossible for him to know any of that.

I'm aware that some people are still stubborn after being told things like that. I've had debates with atheists where I've "opened a can of worms" on them, and it ended with me just walking away because they continue to mock God in spite of evidence presented, and their lack of evidence.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

I give up. This thread is never going to remain on topic.

I'm aware that some people are still stubborn after being told things like that. I've had debates with atheists where I've "opened a can of worms" on them, and it ended with me just walking away because they continue to mock God in spite of evidence presented, and their lack of evidence.
Atheists perceive the world differently. What you consider evidence may not qualify as evidence within their worldview. It is necessarily to understand your perspective, their perspective, and build a bridge between the two before you can expect them to accept your evidence and then your conclusions.

HTML:
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden">
<!--Session data-->
<input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
What is this? It was embedded in your post.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back