Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Official King of the Hill Thread

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Uhm, L'Chante, you can't get drunk drinking Pepsi.

Buzzed out of your brain with sugar, yes, but you can't get drunk.

*Hic* How about a Christmash tree? *hic* I can like to have a prizzz..*Hic*

View attachment 1885

I hereby award l'Chante this plaque in recognition of her aceivement in creating the world's most drunken International Hug a Hedgehog Day tree.

Tree40SQRose0-8L.jpg

Merry Christmas from Vince, the King of the Hill.

When did you become king? I am currently king of The Hill. You must take The Hill from me, not just say you're king.

Oh... And by the way... Happy Saturnalia.

When did you become king?

When my beloved Philadelphia Eagles were losing by 21 points, and then scored 28 points in 7 1/2 minutes, they became the Kings of the Hill. However, they are busy preparing to win the Super Bowl, so they asked me to take over for them.

Respectfully yours,
Vince
King of the Hill

Last edited by a moderator:
When did you become king?

When my beloved Philadelphia Eagles were losing by 21 points,land then scored 28 points in 7 1/2 minutes, they became the Kings of the Hill. However, they are busy preparing to win the Super Bowl, so they asked me to take over for them.

Respectfully yours,
Vince
King of the Hill

You declared yourself king of the hill in post #496

Losing by 21 points in the fourth quarter, the phabulous Philadelphia Eagles won by seven points!!!!!!

We're the Kings of the Hill!!!!!!!!

I took the hill in post #505

Orthodoxy is heresy. Jesus was very unorthodox. Just ask any Pharisee.

I don't know about some "World" series that is limited only to the United States and Canada, but I think penguins are much cooler than eagles.

Finding themselves suddenly confused by learning that the United States and Canada are not the entire world, the others are powerless to prevent Theo from taking the throne. The first thing he does is to declare this day International Hug a Penguin Day. While the others all go to the South Pole to find penguins to hug, Theo relaxes in the new hot tub he had installed.

Nobody has taken it since then, so you can't take it back until somebody else takes it first. That's the rules.

Sometimes it is just fun to compete for no other reason than to be silly. Here's how this thread will work:

User 1: I am the King of the Hill
User 2: *Places banana peel on top of the Hill which makes King fall off HIll*

Now I am the King of the Hill.

Simple concept. Kinda like the last word thread, but instead of just gabbing, this thread allows for humorous use of strategy. You may be as creative as you wish, but you cannot joke about the death of a user to take the hill. You cannot take the hill back from the user who took it from you.

Now, back to ruling my Hill.

I am, therefore, still officially king of The Hill.

Hmmm. Vince ponders the complicated, but correct, theories of his friend Theofilus. Suddenly, Vince asks, "Can LeShaun Jackson take the hill for me?"

Hmmm. Vince ponders the complicated, but correct, theories of his friend Theofilus. Suddenly, Vince asks, "Can LeShaun Jackson take the hill for me?"

I'm afraid I do not know this LeShaun. I assume he is one of the, shall we say, less than real characters that have made appearances on this thread from time to time. Such characters have been known to take The Hill every now and then. Although the official rules in the first post do not address this situation, I believe it is in keeping with tradition that the creator of such a character does not take The Hill from his own creation. You could, therefore, not take The Hill from LeShaun, and neither could I, since he would take it from me. We would have to wait until someone else took The Hill first, and then either of us could take it.

Green Bay won.

Which means the Giants lost.

Which means the Philadelphia Eagles have clinched first place in their division, and they're going to the play-offs!

A blizzard has delayed the Eagles-Vikings football game until Tuesday night. And you know what that means:

LeShaun Jackson didn't do anything stupid yesterday.

I may not be King of the Hill, but the governor of my home state is stupider than the governor of your home state!

I may not be King of the Hill, but the governor of my home state is stupider than the governor of your home state!

I don't have a "home state", but there's no way your governor is stupider than my mayor. There's an article about him on Wikipedia. It's not very long (There's not that much that can be said about him). Here it is, with my comments added in square brackts.

Wikipedia said:
Jón Gnarr Kristinsson (born 2 January 1967) is an Icelandic actor [if you call what he does acting], comedian [of sorts], and politician [he's only called that because he's mayor. He doesn't know anything about politics] and the mayor of Reykjavík, since 15 June 2010. He was originally named Jón Gunnar Kristinsson but legally changed his name in 2005. He is married to Jóhanna Jóhannsdóttir.

He started his career in the radio duo Tvíhöfði [the most idiotic and irritating radio show I've ever heard]. As a teenager he was a punk rocker and played bass in a punk band called Nefrennsli ("Runny Nose") [instead of finishing primary school, which he never did].He has written and starred in several series of the Icelandic comedy shows Fóstbræður [I cannot understand why people call this comedy. It's just plain stupid]. His best known movies are "The Icelandic Dream" (Ãslenski draumurinn - 2000) and "A Man like Me" (Maður eins og ég - 2002). His stand-up comedy show Ég var einu sinni nörd (English: I used to be a nerd ) is autobiographical. In 2004 he wrote, starred and produced a 20 min. long short film, The man on the back. Jón worked as a creative at the Icelandic advertising agency EnnEmm. He played Georg Bjarnfreðarson in the television-series Næturvaktin (English: Night Shift ), Dagvaktin [Day Shift]and Fangavaktin [Prison Shift], and the feature film Bjarnfreðarson. He was also a co-writer in the series. [None of the TV shows or movies he's been in are worth watching.]

In late 2009 he formed the Best Party, a satirical political party that parodied Icelandic politics. [He said he started the party, not to do something good for the city or the country, but because he wanted to get the higher pay that politicians got.] The Best Party managed to win the 2010 municipal elections in Reykjavík, with the party gaining 6 out of 15 seats on the City Council (34.7 percent of the vote). His political program includes "Free towels in all Swimming Pools, A polar Bear for the Reykjavík Zoo, All Kinds (of things) for Weaklings, Disneyland in the Vatnsmýri area, A drug-free parliament by 2020, Sustainable Transparency, Tollbooths on the border with Seltjarnarnes, to do away with all debt, Free Access to Hljómskálagarðurinn (pleasure garden)". [Access to Hljómskálagarðurinn has always been free. Another of his campain promises was to give the best jobs to his friends and family, which is the only promise he has kept... oh... except for one other one. He promised to break all his campain promises.] Since Jón became mayor of Reykjavík, the city has gained the informal nickname, 'Gnarrenburg', which was the title of an earlier radio show featuring Jón Gnarr.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back