Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Ophicial Philadelphia Philles Phanatics Thread

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Another victory has placed the Phillies, 6-1, alone at the top.

But the Phillies shortstop, who won the Most Valuable Player award in 2007, will be out for a while with a sprained calf.

And the Houston Astros, at 0-7, have a solid hold on last place.

Okay Vince...Who plays in Arizona again? The Cardinals play in St. Louis. :) So if the Philies lose to a team from Arizona, do the Cardinals get a free win?

As for the Yanks...5-2, tied with the Blue Jays for first, and we need to make a comeback?

The Yankees have played the 2009 AL Wild Card team, the Red Sox,the 2008 AL World Series team, the Rays and a game with the 2009 AL West Champs, the Angels. All three teams can be considered among the best teams in the game.

The Phillies on the other hand have played who? The 2010 NL Leasts Last Place Nats, and the 0-7, have no bull-pen Astros. I'd wait before you get too excited about rolling over cellar dweller teams. Or you can just get all worked up about playing in the In the World Series only to be shown what a real ball-club looks like by the Yankees again.

Blazin Bones, I was about to heap tons of humorous humor on you for not knowing that the St. Louis Cardinals had moved to Arizona. But I checked Google first, and found out that it is only the football team that moved.

I stand humbumbumbly corrected.

A Phillies pitcher has just been named Player of the Week.

Well, what else do you expect when you deal with a top-notch team like the Philadelphia Phillies?

Meanwhile, the Yankees have dropped to second place in their division.

Second place because the jays have played one more game is nthing to worry about, my Philly Phriend. We're playing awesome teams and winning those games. The Jays are playing alright teams and winning those games. I'll stick with the team that's playing the tougher competition.

*As for the Cardinals and Arizona. The Cardinals of baseball have always played in St. Louis. They were the Brown Stockings when they were founded in the 1880's, but since 1900 have been the Cardinals.

The Arizona Team has always been the Diamondbacks. You are correct that the Football Cardinals moved from St. Louis to Arizona, which actually began as a push to get Arizona a baseball team.

Well, Pholks, the Phillies have won again, heh heh heh. The Yankees, heh heh heh, are in the middle of their division, while the Phillies are off to their best start since 1993.

Think of it, Pholks. The Phillies went to the World Series the last two years in a row, and they're better now than they were then.

Vince said:
Well, Pholks, the Phillies have won again, heh heh heh. The Yankees, heh heh heh, are in the middle of their division, while the Phillies are off to their best start since 1993.

Think of it, Pholks. The Phillies went to the World Series the last two years in a row, and they're better now than they were then.

I fully expect to see the Yanks and the Phils lock horns again this season for the world title. It would be awesome to see the Phils and the Yanks become the first pair of teams to play each other in back to back World series since the 70's.

Oh, and in case you did not know, only 3 teams have ever played the same club in 2 back/back world series and won both Series; The Yanks have done it 3 times, the Giants have done it once, and the Cubs have done it once. So even if we do play your boys again for our title, history is in our corner.

Maybe you're right. Maybe I should root for the Yankees so the Phillies can avenge last year's loss in the World Series.

Nah, I'd rather see the Yankees have a lousy year.

What would look better in the history book of the Phillies? Beating the Yankees in a World Series, or say a suprise team like the Rangers? I think the more impressive win would be the Yanks. However, it would be pretty cool to see Oakland play the Phils since they were originally a Philly team.

Vince, your Phillies better win or they will have the same record as my Yankees. We go for our first series sweep tommorrow against the Rangers.

Another win, and the Phillies and Yankees are each #1 in their divisions. Will we have a World Series re-match?

Meanwhile, a drunken fan deliberately vomited on another fan, not realizing that it was a police officer. He's in jail, while his family cries that he hadn't done it on purpose.

Phooey! The Phillies lose.

And for the first time in their 18-year history, the Colorado Rockies pitch a "no-hitter." For all you Australians out there, it means that none of their opponents got on base during the entire game.

...Vince...your taking about a Perfect game...Jimenez gave up six walks, but never allowed a hit, this is why it is called a no hitter.

So with the Phillies lose, I guess that means my Yankees are a win ahead of your Phillies. My Yanks ahve won 4 in a row. Not like a 4 game winning streak matters too much 2 weeks into the season.

The Milwaukee Brewers scored ten points in the first inning, and then had to hold on for an 11-7 victory.

Back