Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Ophicial Philadelphia Philles Phanatics Thread

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
After losing three in a row, the Phillies finally won, and they're back in first place. But they are far from having the best record.

Meanwhile, Australia's national team, the New York Yankees, also hold first place. Yankees pitcher Phil Hughes was close to a no-hitter, when he bungled a hit that went straight to him in the eighth inning. The Yankees still went on to win.

Let's see you get hit in the arm and then know where the ball went. BTW. I beleive the Yanks now have the bets record in the Majors and we've actually been playing good teams.

Bones, these are difficult times. The Yankees do indeed have the best record. The Phillies have the fourth best record but are first in their division.

For any Australians out there, American baseball has two leagues, with three divisions apiece. At the end of the regular season, the division champs play each other (in their own leagues) to decide the league champs. The two league champs go to the World Series.

Last year, the Phillies were the National League champs, while the Yankees were the American League champs.

And today, for the first time since 1968, the Yankees made a triple play. This rare event occurs when at least two men are on base, plus the batter, and the team in the field gets three of them out.

Oh my.

The Phillies won tonight, and the Yankees lost.

The Yankees have dropped to second place in their division.

It's okay, though. It will spare them the humiliation of losing to the Phillies in the World Series.

I love this back and forth here. The Phillies have played 2 teams over .500 so far, the Braves and the Marlins. Neither team is considered to be a great team, except I still think the braves will be a surprise this year.

As for my Yankees have put several good team under .500 on their own. The Angels, Sox and Rangers are all considered good teams and we haven't lost a series yet. The Phillies can't say that.

Hats off to the Pittsburgh Pirates, who set a team record yesterday, losing 20-0 to the Milwaukee Brewers. This is the worst loss in the 124 year history of the team. The day before, the "Brew Crew" had beaten them 8-0.

"This game is so much about failure..." Ryan Braun, who homered, singled, doubled, and drove in five runs for the Brewers.

What makes it worse is that the Brewers are not a super team. Both teams were 7-7 entering the game.

Just seconds ago, the phurious bats of the Philadelphia Phillies phlung the Arizona Diamondbacks into depheat!

What's gone wrong with my Phillies?

They've lost four of their last five games!

Still in first place, though.

4 of thier last five that's pretty low.I'm glad my Yankees aren't playing that poorly. I'd rather be in second place chasing the hot team in baseball then be leading my division because there is no one worthy of playing.

Ulp. The Yankees just lost another one. Heh heh, I mean, Oh, that's terrible!

By the way, what happened to the Pride of Australia, my friend Nick?

Nooooooooo! For the phirst time this year, the phabulous Phillies are not in phirst place! Noooooo!

Having lost phive out of their last six games, our heroes have fallen into second place.

Nooooooooo!

After losing 9-1 to the Mets, the Phillies have phallen to third place.

Meanwhile, one of their best batters kicked a metal chair, broke his toe, and is on the disabled list.

It's a Philadelphia tradition that we build a huge lead and then blow it. Have we done it again?

Yeeeeeehah! The phabulous Phillies just phinished phlinging a no-hitter against the #1 Mets, winning 10-0!

This ends the Mets' eight-game winning streak, the day after they humiliated the Phillies 9-1.

Still in third place, the Phillies are only half a game out of phirst.

Yes! The phired-up Phillies scored nine points in the fourth inning! Nine batters IN A ROW scored!

The phabulous Phillies are back in phirst place, where they belong!

Aaah, I hope you pholks aren't upset at me for bragging.

It's just so hard to be humble when you're a Phillies phan.

Welcome back, Louis.

Meanwhile, I'm (snicker) sorry to report (heh heh heh) that the Yankees are in (ha ha) second place. This is (har har har) really terrible news.

Back