Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Pope's book of insults

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
73 Books? Am I to understand that it is our bible, but with 7 extra books added?
I always thought repentance was doing the opposite of what one had been doing. An example Paul uses would be stealing. A show of repentance isn't just one who stops stealing, its one who goes further and gets a job, then gives to those in need.

How then is praying with a set of beads going to make up for sins, let alone repentance? Sounds like a bunch of religious rules to me.

Now, that's interesting. I hadn't really thought of that bit it would make sense.

73 Books? Am I to understand that it is our bible, but with 7 extra books added?

Pretty much. Their Bible includes our 66 books plus 7 from the intertestamental period. If I understand it all correctly, basically Protestants say that the intertestamental books aren't truly inspired because they aren't considered sacred by the Jews nor were they written after Christ's life as the New Testament was.

Now, that's interesting. I hadn't really thought of that bit it would make sense.
That's in Collosians 4. Most of the time when Paul nots a "bad" behavior, he also lists the behavior to replace it with. Remember, Paul killed followers of Chris and then he repented... Do you see it?

I always thought repentance was doing the opposite of what one had been doing. An example Paul uses would be stealing. A show of repentance isn't just one who stops stealing, its one who goes further and gets a job, then gives to those in need.

How then is praying with a set of beads going to make up for sins, let alone repentance? Sounds like a bunch of religious rules to me.

Or doing the same thing with a different attitude.....such as giving, being a spouse, etc...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back