Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The rapture of the Church

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
clapping9yn.gif

Congrats Coop 762 posts to your credit, and just think nobody has to install a key logger on
your computer and the Bots can take a break. We had a Google Bot here the other night,
last night a Yahoo Bot, I still don't see what they see in us, sounds rather like a Rod Serling
adventure into the twilight zone, born 1924 dies 1975. Do you ever wonder if he's in the zone? :wink:

Sorry, I'll get back OT :oops:

Coop, read Revelation 14 carefully. The "they" in verse three refers to the harpers:
:smt043 :smt043 :smt043

American Standard Version
14:1 And I saw, and behold, the Lamb standing on the mount Zion...

Darby's English Translation
14:1 And I saw, and behold, the Lamb standing upon mount Zion...

Weymouth New Testament
14:1 Then I looked, and I saw the Lamb standing upon Mount Zion...

NIV
1Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion...

NASB
1Then I looked, and behold, (A)the Lamb was standing on (B)Mount Zion,

Amp
1THEN I looked, and behold, the Lamb stood on Mount Zion...

Esv
1Then I looked, and behold, on(A) Mount Zion...

NKJV
1 Then I looked, and behold, a Lamb standing on Mount Zion...

NCV
1 Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb standing on Mount Zion...

(Note: there are as many others that say Sion.)

Young's Literal Translation
Hebrews 12:22 But, ye came to Mount Zion, and to a city of the living God, to the heavenly Jerusalem, and to myriads of messengers,

Do you guys ever really study the Word to see what the intent of the author is, or just read over it, and see where on your doctrinal theory tree to hang it?

First off, where is John?

Rev 4:1 ....the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

John is in heaven. Where is the voice he is hearing?

14:2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:

Where are harpers? It is an axiom that heaven is full of harpers. We can be sure these harpers are in heaven, where John is. Further proof of where they are:

14:3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred [and] forty [and] four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

Now read carefully: where again are the harpers? They are "before the throne." Now, who is learning their song? It is the 144,000. Therefore, they must also be before the throne. Then what is meant by "redeemed from the earth?"

ASV
...even they that had been purchased out of the earth.

Darby
...who were bought from the earth.

Douay Rheims
...purchased from the earth.

Weymouth
...who had been redeemed out of the world.

Youngs
...who have been bought from the earth;

Redeemed mean to purchase or buy.

1) of separation
a) of local separation, after verbs of motion from a place i.e. of departing, of fleeing, ...
b) of separation of a part from the whole
1) where of a whole some part is taken
c) of any kind of separation of one thing from another by which the union or fellowship of the two is destroyed
d) of a state of separation, that is of distance
1) physical, of distance of place
2) temporal, of distance of time
(Emphasis added)

From therefore means that the 144,000 were taken FROM the earth to heaven, plain and simple.

14:4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth....

Where is "the lamb" at this point in time? Again, the answer is very simple: John shows Jesus returning to earth, AFTER the 70th week. John sees the 144,000 in the middle of the week. Jesus is therefore in heaven. The 144,000 MUST then be in heaven to follow Him. From Jamieson, Faussett & Brown:
"follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth--in glory, being especially near His person; the fitting reward of their following Him so fully on earth." (Emphasis added)

14:4 ....These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

We have the same Greek word here for "from." It again means that the 144,000 were separated by distance from the rest of the men, meaning earth. Now, if you are up to it, let's use a little logic: When they were first seen being sealed, what was to be their final destination? Would it be heaven or hell? Of course, they are God's special people, so heaven is the correct answer. Therefore, when God uses the word, "firstfruits," what would that mean? Remember, Christ was called the "firstfruits of them that slept." This means He was the very first to resurrect and receive a resurrection body, one that will never die again. Where did Jesus go when He resurrected? There are many verses that tell us He went to be at the right hand of the Father. Therefore, by the very word, "firstfruits," we understand that others will follow; there will be "second" fruits, or the rest of the fruit to follow.

In this 4th verse, we have "from" and "unto" God and the Lamb: "from" the earth, and "unto" God in heaven, as the "first" of many to follow. The "rest of the fruit" meaning the remnant, once they also are redeemed. Therefore, even in one word, "firstfruits" we know that the 144,000 are in heaven.

(I'm sorry to go into so much detail, but it is necessary for slow students.)

14:5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.

Please, read that last phrase very carefully. Where are they? And who is the "they?"

From Barnes comentary:
And, lo, a Lamb. See Barnes "Revelation 5:6".

Stood on the mount Sion. That is, in heaven. See Barnes "Hebrews 12:22". Zion, literally the southern hill in the city of Jerusalem, was a name also given to the whole city; and, as that was the seat of the Divine worship on earth, it became an emblem of heaven--the dwelling-place of God. The scene of the vision here is laid in heaven, for it is a vision of the ultimate triumph of the redeemed, designed to sustain the church in view of the trials that had already come upon it, and of those which were yet to come.

And with him an hundred forty and four thousand. These are evidently the same persons that were seen in the vision recorded in Revelation 7:3-8, and the representation is made for the same purpose--to sustain the church in trial, with the certainty of its future glory. See Barnes "Revelation 7:4".

commentary (author unknown)
It also shows that the 144,000 from Rev 7:3 are preserved safe now in heaven...
http://www.apocalipsis.org/rev-14.htm

Commentary Guzik
. Some commentators see this Mount Zion as the heavenly Zion referred to in Galatians 4:26. In this thinking, the 144,000 are victims of this beast, and are now in heaven with Jesus. But that view doesn't seem to match with the context at all. It also makes us wonder what good God's seal on the 144,000 amounted to (Revelation 7:4).

This shows that commentators are people too. Why victims? Does he not believe in God's power to rapture, or catch away? Did he forget about Enoch, and Elijah? Jesus?

J, F & B
four beasts--rather, as Greek, "four living creatures." The harpers and singers evidently include the 144,000: so the parallel proves (Re 15:2, 3), where the same act is attributed to the general company of the saints, the harvest (Re 14:15) from all nations. Not as ALFORD, "the harpers and song are in heaven, but the 144,000 are on earth."
(Emphasis added) These commentators disagree with Alford, whom must have written that they are on the earth.

There are many more commentaries to look at, but you get the picture: even amoung those that aspire to write commentaries, there is disagreement - so why go on? I am convinced that the author is telling us these 144,000 are in heaven; and you are free to believe what you will.

Coop

comp16jj.gif

Hey Coop, you disappoint me, this thread has to be a record setter, and you still aren't satisfied
with the answers. Your poor neck must really be stiff by now :lol:

There are many more commentaries to look at, but you get the picture: even amoung those that aspire to write commentaries, there is disagreement - so why go on? I am convinced that the author is telling us these 144,000 are in heaven; and you are free to believe what you will.

Why go on? Because this is all related to you rapture theory.

You make a comment like the one above, yet you laugh at us and suggest we are slow students. You would do quite well to humble yourself, especially in a subject like End Times, which has no clearcut doctrine. It's all theory. One more burst of laughing smilies and condescending comments and I'll have to ask you to please not post in End Times anymore. I could impose the restriction myself if it continues.

That goes for all who post here; lets keep it civil and Christ-like.

Now...
Well, I didn't have to go to any commentary to understand this passage. A careful reading, using basic grammatical rules, indicates that the harpers are before the Throne, with the elders and the four beasts; while the the 144,000 are with a Lamb on Mount Sion or Zion, take you pick, same Mount, depending on translation used. I'm free to read nothing into scripture here, because I'm not locked into any of yours or any other persons theories. I read it as I "see" it.

Now, we're in the midst of God's wrath as we read this passage. What purpose does sealing the 144,000 for their protection serve if they aren't even on earth during God's wrath?

Peace,
Vic

turnorburn said:
comp16jj.gif

Hey Coop, you disappoint me, this thread has to be a record setter, and you still aren't satisfied
with the answers. Your poor neck must really be stiff by now :lol:

No, no sore neck! Why have I disappointed you? Did you expect me to give up with your arguments? I have heard these same arguments for many years. They were wrong then, and are still wrong. What amazes me, is that people still believe them! You can believe this: I am going to make it to the wedding, and the wedding supper. And then, I will return to earth with Jesus. I have no appointment with His wrath!

Coop

vic C. said:

Why go on? Because this is all related to you rapture theory.

You make a comment like the one above, yet you laugh at us and suggest we are slow students. You would do quite well to humble yourself, especially in a subject like End Times, which has no clearcut doctrine. It's all theory. One more burst of laughing smilies and condescending comments and I'll have to ask you to please not post in End Times anymore. I could impose the restriction myself if it continues.

That goes for all who post here; lets keep it civil and Christ-like.

Yes, I agree that it is related, but I meant, why go on with the other commentators, when they cannot agree.

Sorry, Vic! I did step over a line there. I will do better. As for the rolling smilies, it just struck me as funny, that the harpers were teaching the 144,000 a song, but the 144,000 are still on earth. Sounds rather difficult! I just don't think this is the intent of the author. Next, I must confess (thought it shows something lacking in my charactor) that I did not notice it was you that made that post, and if I had known, I would have shown more respect. :oops:

Several commentators agree with my take on this - but not all of them. Then, I read in Hbr 12:22 that Paul used the same Greek word for Zion, or Sion, and said, unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem. To me, this make a pretty good argument that these 144,000 have been taken to heaven. I guess you must see it differently?

Hbr 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

Now, we're in the midst of God's wrath as we read this passage. What purpose does sealing the 144,000 for their protection serve if they aren't even on earth during God's wrath?

Vic, they were sealed for their protection during the trumpets.

Revelation 9
4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

Coop

GraceBwithU wrote,
You have given nothing but twisted interpretations of scripture that even you have gotten confused about when trying to present. Your argument has shifted from one thing to another in the same paragragh.

It is time for you to back up these wild accusations with proof - not just more rhetoric.

If you say I have twisted a verse, by all means, bring it out in the open, and let's see who is twisting it. If you think I am confused about something, by all means, PROVE it!

Coop

GraceBwithU wrote,
NO where in the Bible does it teach of more than two comings of Christ. No where in the Bible does it teach of a two stage second coming.

This is opinion, based on theories. I know what you mean to say, but it did not come across correctly. Jesus came first in the flesh. He will come again, and every eye will see Him. Yet He will come again, and only the church will see Him. Sorry, but it looks to me like three "comings."

Coop

turnorburn said:
This is what your group refers to as the flying away doctrine, Ha!
superman.gif

When I see birds flying, they are up, in the air! Some birds fly so high, they could be in the clouds. What did Paul say? "...caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air.

This sure sounds like flying to me! As the song says, "I'll fly away..."

Coop

lecoop said:
GraceBwithU wrote,
NO where in the Bible does it teach of more than two comings of Christ. No where in the Bible does it teach of a two stage second coming.

This is opinion, based on theories. I know what you mean to say, but it did not come across correctly. Jesus came first in the flesh. He will come again, and every eye will see Him. Yet He will come again, and only the church will see Him. Sorry, but it looks to me like three "comings."

Coop

I assume it is your conjectuce that this is the third:
1 Th 4:13-18
13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
KJV

1 TH 5:2-6
2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
KJV

He will come as a “thief in the nightâ€Â, without warning to the lost. We should “not sleep…watch and be soberâ€Â. If the gathering up of his elect was done at anytime before His Second Coming, His Second Coming would not be a surprise. People disappearing from cars, a church pew, even unborn children from wombs is not going to be something that will be secret and unnoticed. A thief does not call you on the phone and warn you that he will be breaking into your house soon.

:popcorn: for the movie you are watching.

lecoop said:
turnorburn said:
superman.gif

When I see birds flying, they are up, in the air! Some birds fly so high, they could be in the clouds. What did Paul say? "...caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air.

Coop
Yes, but not unti after the tribulation. :wink:

GraceBwithU wrote,
I assume it is your conjectuce that this is the third:
1 Th 4:13-18
13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
KJV

No, this is the second. The third would be Rev 19.

Coop

GraceBwithU wrote,
2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
KJV

He will come as a “thief in the nightâ€Â, without warning to the lost. We should “not sleep…watch and be soberâ€Â. If the gathering up of his elect was done at anytime before His Second Coming, His Second Coming would not be a surprise. People disappearing from cars, a church pew, even unborn children from wombs is not going to be something that will be secret and unnoticed. A thief does not call you on the phone and warn you that he will be breaking into your house soon.

I disagree. He will come as a surprise both times. First, the rapture will take place, leaving the left behind to face the Day of the Lord.

After the 70th week is finished, most people will still not be looking for Him. Those believers that have survived will be looking for Him. They will have a very good idea, but not exact. They will count 1260 days from the abomination, to the end of the 70th week, but Jesus did not promise to come at the 7th vial. No, he said immediately after the tribulation of those days...... But they will be lift not knowing the day, nor the hour. He may come one day after the 7th vial, or He may come a week or so after. It will be a secret.

Coop

lecoop said:
GraceBwithU wrote,
KJV

I disagree. He will come as a surprise both times. First, the rapture will take place, leaving the left behind to face the Day of the Lord.

After the 70th week is finished, most people will still not be looking for Him. Those believers that have survived will be looking for Him. They will have a very good idea, but not exact. They will count 1260 days from the abomination, to the end of the 70th week, but Jesus did not promise to come at the 7th vial. No, he said immediately after the tribulation of those days...... But they will be lift not knowing the day, nor the hour. He may come one day after the 7th vial, or He may come a week or so after. It will be a secret.

Coop
What ever you say. :hysterical: :sleeping: :popcorn: :smt064 :smt043 :smt020 :x-mas: :smt110

GraceBwithU said:
lecoop said:
turnorburn said:
superman.gif

Coop
Yes, but not unti after the tribulation. :wink:

You have yet to explain your way out of the corner you have painted yourself in. For example, why was Jesus returning from the wedding, when He was coming to the earth? Where will you find the sheep for the sheep and goat judgement? And where, or where, will you find righteous people, still in the flesh, to be the sheep, and then go into the millennial kingdom? Solve these problems, and you will have found the pretrib rapture!
:smt043

Coop

Funny from here it looks more like your the one that's painted himself in the corner, three of us have given you enough concrete evidence that most people would have been more than satisfied with. So at this stage your just..
superman.gif
on a mission...

turnorburn said:

Funny from here it looks more like your the one that's painted himself in the corner, three of us have given you enough concrete evidence that most people would have been more than satisfied with. So at this stage your just..
superman.gif
on a mission...

YOu are absolutely right about the mission! (Maybe the most correct thing you have posted!) I am here to dispel false doctrines, plain and simple. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this your mission also?

You might know, I have been though the same thing with prewrathers: they were probably more sure of that they were right, than you are, but they were just as wrong. The truth of the end times scenario must fit ALL he pieces of the puzzle into place. The post trib scenario fails to do this. It cannot put people in flesh and blood bodies into the millennial kingdom. Neither can it provide the sheep for the sheep and goat judgement. I guess that is why some think that this judgement of the nations will be after the 1000 years. It is the only way they could find the sheep! Then there is the problem of getting the church backwards in time to the marriage. Of course, if the church is not the bride, nor the guests, there is no problem. Unless I missed it, you have never responded to these monumental problems with your theories. Neither has anyone recently responded with good, "concrete" evidence why they feel that John wrote things out of order. I had some great discussions with Vic many months ago on this. In my mind, one must have a very good reason to decide that John's chronology is wrong. It makes good sense, in the very order that it is written, so I have not felt the need to rearrange it.

I have been through many disagreements with pretribbers, simply because they want to have the rapture at Rev. 4:1, and have the first seal the antichrist, which to me is a pitiful exogesis of scripture. As for your "concrete evidence," it is concrete only in your minds. For example, when we started, Turnorburn was claiming that the rapture was man-made. I think he meant by that the typical pretrib rapture doctrine, but the way it was written eleminated any kind of resurrection of the dead in Christ, the new bodies for those alive in Christ, and the meeting in the air. Somehow, I think he must believe these things, since Paul made it clear that it will happen.

I really have appreciated Turnorburns pictures; as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words! Well done, Turnorburn!

I have been accused of believing "the Hollywood, left behind series." I want to set the record straight: I have yet to read even one of these books! I did read "the late Great Planet Earth," many years ago, and I have read some of Grant Jeffry's books, such as Armegeddon. I read Van Kampen and Rosenthal on Prewrath, more just for curiousity, for at that time, I had diligently studied the end times for myself. Neither did I come to my current beliefs, because I was taught that as I grew up. Unfortunately, most of the doctrines I grew up with were wrong, and over the years, through some agony, I have abandoned them one by one, when I learned the truth. I thank God, they knew enough to get me born again! I believe what I now believe, mostly because I have a close relationship with the Holy Spirit, and have been willing to wait on Him for answers. To be sure, many times I had to form new beliefs when He straightened out my thinking. For example, which of the four horsemen rides alone? It is there, in black and white, yet I read over it many times, and never saw it. Neither did it ever come to my mind, why Jesus was not in the first vision of the throne room, in chapter four. So thanks to the Holy Spirit, I have formed my beliefs, not from hollywood, and not from books, but from personal study.

If anyone wants to find the sheep that your theories have lost, please, help me see where you find the sheep. Likewise, if one of you could please explain how you plan on being a part of the wedding, I want to see how you do that. I have read report after report, probably five or six, of people within the last year or so, that have had a vision of heaven, and have seen the tables all set for the marriage supper. The first two or three saw angels working quickly preparing, but the last two or three have seen the preparations completed! Things in heaven are all done: every mansion is built, and heaven is ready for the church, right down to every name plate for the marriage supper. We should be looking up, ready at any moment.

Coop

lecoop said:
Finally! Whew!

Coop
You didn't even get what I said...wow...you are a piece of work. I have never met anyone like you. So wrong on so many points of the Bible. You should return to the scripture and keep studying...maybe you will get it someday.

Back